~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cold and cloudy here but no snow.....yay! Humbly asking for another 24 please.

Comment

21 degrees this morning. I'll take a hint from QW and look on the bright side: No snow here either, Jude! And today's high will be 4-5 degrees warmer than yesterday's with bright sunshine. :happy2:

24 more, please and thank you.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

25F, sunny and clear.
        Yesterday started with snow and ended in sunshine. The work outside was actually very enjoyable!
        Day off today, might go for a bike ride in the sunshine.
        24 more please

Comment

“Whatever you want in life, start today. Not tomorrow - today. Let it be a small beginning - a tiny beginning. Your happiness depends on starting today - every day.” - Jonathan Lockwood Huie

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who wants them please, and thanks...

Not near as cold out there today, clear sky and no wind, I'll take it! It's not April 8th [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it's January 88th lol.

In the past 24 hours this people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is served!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:53 am in Vegas,another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

A bit of a sad day yesterday for me with the horrible bus accident, but it also made me ponder.... I thought I had problems?? Any tragedy, no matter what kind, can serve as a reminder that no matter how hard our life is, someone else's is harder. It's going to take a long time for the community of Humbolt to get over this tragedy, but they will, they will band together, support each other, and help each other to move forward with their lives, just like we all do here on MWO. Ya, maybe what we go through is simple compared to what the parents of the hockey player's are going through, simpler than what the family of the bus driver is going through, and simpler than what the truck driver is going through. But what gives me comfort is knowing that people, all people, can put aside their differences to help and support each other in times of need....it shows that this world is still a good place to be... I'll share just one more pic, it truly says what we as compassionate people are all about...

Last edited by abcowboy; April 8, 2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours, please & thank you.

Cowboy, January 88th, I love it. Awoke to another 10cms of snow this morning although it could have been worse, we could have had 20! At least it warmed up a bit. When my little buddy and I did our 6km route, we were 8 minutes off the usual pace.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote yesterday, AB.. Just begin! So many things in my life I put off until tomorrow.. mostly whatever it is seems like such a huge task. Right now it's catching up on my Spanish for the course I'm starting on Thursday.. with language, as with most things, 10 or 15 minutes a day add up quickly, don't they?
                    With drinking, the same! Those days do add up quickly (sometimes seems slow as molasses!) but, for the sake of argument, next Sunday I could either be on day 7, or still drinking, trying to figure out the perfect day to quit.
                    Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us who want/need it!

Comment

22 degrees F and quiet on the weather front. It was dawn when I finally meandered out onto the back porch. The air was cold and still, and the first calls of the early morning birds reached my ears. Normally I would have stopped putting seed out for the birds by now, but this year I don't have the heart to do it yet. The ground is still frozen, and in some areas, covered in snow. The other day I saw some flowers trying to poke up through the snow, and I was amazed by their tenacity.....guess that we all could learn something there.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

34F with yet another light covering of snow.
                        I did get 20 miles in on my bike yesterday even though the temperature didn't get above 45. Felt good with the sun shining.
                        I too am heartbroken over the loss of all those fine young lives. The parents will be devastated the rest of their lives, some may not ever be able to cope.
                        My sister in law lost a 16 year old daughter in a car accident about 17 years ago, and it still seams a fresh as yesterday.
                        Like the quote, AC, I start, today-everyday, here, humbly asking for 24 more.

Comment

33f here in Jersey at 8:12 am. Filtered sunlight with rain expected for tonight. Committing to another 24!
                          “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                          Newbies Nest Roll Call
                          Toolbox
                          Cattleman Cafe

Comment

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” - Martin Luther King Jr.

6:35am in Alberta, I'm in for another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Loved this morning's quote cowboy.....thank you!

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X