~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good quote Cowboy, and so true. Sometimes the lines get a little blurry but in the final analysis it comes down to being honest with ourselves, accepting the facts and taking the right action. Easy to say, hard to do. :happy2:

Signing on for 24 from sunny southern Ohio.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another spring like day here today although there’s wintry mix in the forecast for tomorrow.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

7:07 here and it's going to be a gorgeous day.. cherry trees are blossoming and all the other trees are beginning to bud as well.. Glad to hear that those of you in the cold regions are beginning to warm up.
        Another 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

30 degrees F, cloudy and calm here. Not much to report this morning....just wishing for another 24 please!

Comment

Hey, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], not much to report from the deck here either, but the sound of the birds was so springlike! And off in the distance I could hear a woodpecker hard at work. I looked toward the pasture and saw two deer grazing. I looked for the purple martins but they have not yet returned. They are late this year, as are many of the wildflowers. I hunted yesterday for blood root but the ground hasn't warmed enough yet I guess. Here's a picture of one from last spring:

I wish I could see your cherry trees in bloom, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]!

Greetings QW, Cowboy, Ori, Mr. V, Pauly, and dear readers. May we each and everyone have the gift of an af day.
            Last edited by dill; April 12, 2018, 08:17 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

56F and sunny really feels like spring.
              One good thing about the long cold spell here, my daffodils have been in bloom for a full month!
              24 more please.

Comment

4:51 am in Vegas,another 24 please!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

GMAE all! 41f here in Jersey at just before 8 am with sunlight filtering dimly through a light veil of clouds. Committing to another 24!
                  “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                  Newbies Nest Roll Call
                  Toolbox
                  Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Today has been designated as a day to wear your favourite team jersey to show support for the Humboldt Broncos. Sadly another team member, the trainer and only female on the bus, died from her injuries yesterday, bringing the total to 16.

I will be wearing my Montreal Canadiens jersey today.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

”Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash

6:15am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Just below the freezing mark this morning, cloudy but no snow in the forecast thankfully!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Wearing my Oiler's home colors today QW....
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning Café peeps.. 7:35 here and I'm happy about going into another 24 af hours..
                          Lovely picture, Dill! I will try to get one of the cherry blossoms today.. then I'll need help from all of you on how to upload it!

Comment

45 degrees and cloudy out on the deck this morning. I could hear a few lone peepers (tree frogs) singing away. To me it's a beautiful, peaceful sound, but come May, it will be deafening, and many people will complain that they can't sleep. There is a saying that the peepers have to be froze out 3 times, before the weather actually becomes "spring like", and this year especially, I can believe it.!

Hope all are well! Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], the picture thing is easy-peasy! Cowboy is really good at explaining how to do those types of things. Perhaps he will chime in. :happy2:

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], "Peepers?!!!" Wow! I can't wait to hear that sound! In fact, I'm going out on the deck right now to give a listen.....
                              No, no peepers. Lots of birds tho! Song birds, crows, and that woodpecker. Sure hope he stays away from the house! LOL! We had a few holes in our trim last Fall, thanks to an industrious fellow! Still no sign of the purple martins returning. No barn swallows yet, either. Soon. Aslo eagerly awaiting the mating calls of the American Toad. It is one of my favorite sounds, but it only lasts about a week. Then its not long until the tadpoles appear in the pond!

Found this on YouTube: Male American Toad (Bufo americanus) - YouTube

I loved that quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Another good one! I think believing in ourselves and what we can achieve is sometimes the hardest thing to do. That's where encouragement from those around us can really help. They can help restore our confidence and belief in ourselves. That's why I come to the café every day!

Greetings, Mr. V, my neighbor to the south, QW, Pauly, Ori, and all lurkers.

Committing to another 24!
                              Last edited by dill; April 13, 2018, 06:27 AM. Reason: added link
                              Dill

Comment

Morning all, a balmy 62F here this morning. Highs expected in the mid 70's!
                                Enjoyable working outside in the warm weather last night, as I'm sure tonight will be nice as well.
                                Itching to go for a bike ride, trying to fit it into the schedule today.
                                I onec got into an argument with a neighbor about tree frogs, she swore they were crickets, and I said no, they were tree frogs making the racket. She said they don't exist, because she's never seen one. And she's a biology teacher, lol! I fear for our kids, lol.
                                24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X