• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:30 am in Vegas,another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

An early start to the day, no, not to watch the royal wedding, rather my little buddy thought 5:10 was a great time to go for a walk! I made her wait for a while but we were still home by 6:45.

So nice to see the ducks, geese, red wing blackbirds, tree swallows and herons nesting around here. Gotta love this time of year!

Hope everyone enjoys a great af saturday.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Too bad I didn't appreciate my porch earlier. Nope. Made the call and here I sit with the bottle.

Rose

Comment

I wanna cuss like a New Orleans lady !

Rose

Comment

[MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] - come over to the chat window if you want. I'm there with atmwizard right now
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by TribalRose View Post
              I wanna cuss like a New Orleans lady !

Rose
              Rose, cuss all you want but put the bottle down. Shit happens, but the important thing is to learn from our mistakes, none of us here are perfect, and many of us have slipped up. Think about how you're feeling now, and was it worth it? I highly doubt it. Enjoy your porch today, move on and let it go. Get back on the horse! :horse:

Good Sunday morning to all! Asking for another 24 hours, and an extra one for Rose please. Thank you very much!

Comment

Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress. ~ Nicholas M. Butler

It's important to keep a positive outlook, [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION]. You are in this for the long run and I for one am positive you will succeed!

Sat on a small entryway porch for a change of scene and much to my pleasure I saw a bird the likes of which I had never seen before in my yard. I watched it for a while and then discovered that it had a nest up on the side of my house just under the eaves. The two parents were very busy feeding their young! I looked for my bird book and think I have identified it correctly as a cliff swallow. It pleased me somehow to have this new experience. In my reading I found that the cliff swallow is struggling because of the introduction of the sparrow. The sparrows have a tendency to take over their nests and chase them away. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed and will be shooing away any sparrows I see! :happy2: Thank goodness for sobriety. I don't think I would have made this discovery if my focus was on the hangover to drinking cycle.

Lots to look forward to with an AF mind! 24 more please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; May 20, 2018, 05:26 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote, Dill, and what nice news with regards to the cliff swallow!
                  Thank you very much for the last week of quotes, AB!
                  Rose, as the others have said, you don't have to carry on with the drinking! We all know how difficult it is.. but give yourself the gift of another AF day..Make the commitment to yourself that TODAY you will not drink, no matter what and no matter who.. We're all here to support you.:hug:
                  Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us.. xx

Comment

63F with the sun coming up.
                    Woke up with the birds singing this morning, and it occurred to me that a year ago I would have been cursing them.
                    I'm glad you're still here Rose. Think through your triggers. Was it a simple as reaching a 30 day goal?
                    Long day at work yesterday, 10:30 am- midnight.
                    Maybe that grill will put it self together today, lol!
                    24 more for all of us please.

Comment

24 Hours for me too.

Rose

Comment

Great to see you Tribalrose 5:38 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and anyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11925]TribalRose[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I put an extra long day in on the tractor yesterday, so the farm boss let me sleep in a bit today. Don't have to be on the tractor till 8! So I wrangled up a hearty breakfast for everyone!

And I've got a special breakfast planned for when seeding season ends, stay tuned!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Here I sit asking for another 24 hrs.

Rose

Comment

Hope you've thrown out any remaining booze Rose, I've got a few more words of encouragement, but I best get myself ready for the day then I'll be back...

Comment

Working...
                                X