No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Cloudy and windy here this morning. After hoping for rain the past few weeks, I'm now asking the Big Guy to hold off on it for a couple of days, under 500 acres to go!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

68F, partly sunny, hot. Thunderstorms today.
      Sunny is here, as the local pool has opened.
      It's Memorial Day weekend here in the states, a three day weekend.
      But, not ticket to boozeville here.
      24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Much cooler today and very windy. Hopefully we'll get some much needed rain in the next few days.

Hope our American friends have a great af Memorial Day weekend!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

70F already, and muggy. Thunderstorms yesterday. Had about 1.5 inches of rain in half hour yesterday.
          24 more please

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Going to be another hot one out there today, but it doesn't matter because I'm going to enjoy it from the air conditioned comfort of my living room! Yep, finished seeding last night! 6735 out of 6735 acres done! 100 days till harvest lol.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Enjoy your long weekend my American friends!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Since we finished seeding yesterday, I got to sleep in a bit this morning but I've got a special breakfast going for y'all!

Comment

“We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever.”
                ― Carl Sagan, Cosmos

GMAE all! Just after noon here in jersey on a dim and dreary Sunday, 69f. Committing to another 24!
                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                Toolbox
                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

A beautiful sunny, hot day here. Our neighbours have been building a deck in their backyard most of the weekend. These are fine, hardworking folks who are raising two daughters and have instilled strong family values and a very strong work ethic.
                  I just asked if we could make supper for them tonight. They were thrilled.

Now I have to try and match Cowboy’s culinary skills! Wish me well!!

Hope everyone is having a great af day!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Still struggling with urges lately, and I'm pretty sure that it's just the time of year. This is my first sober summer in a very long time, and for some reason the urge to drink seems to go hand in hand with the warm weather. :grumpy:

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

66F and sunny, another hot one today.
                      Might go on a bike ride this morning.
                      Glad you could help out the neighbors, QW! I'm sure they appreciated the gesture.
                      I too, can put on the rose colored glasses this time of year and think a drink or two on the deck would be grand, but no, no it wouldn't. I have to be careful about romanticizing the drinking.
                      24 more please.

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

We've got 3 days of rain in the forecast, we'll see.... I think the weatherman has the only job where you can screw up so many times and not get fired lol

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

You didn't like my breakfast [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], didn't see you check in yesterday?

What did you make the neighbour's for supper [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]?

A huge day coming up for you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], you got to be pretty happy about that!

Sometimes things do seem to take forever [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], but we just got to stick with it eh Mr V!

That would have been a tough weekend for anyone [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], hope to see you back here today!

Your comment made me think about what summers used to be like [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but there's many ways to enjoy them without the booze!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; May 28, 2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

I declare! I sho' 'nuf did forget to post yesterday! I did look in and read. And I thought I posted, too! Well, maybe I posted and forgot to send. The old brain just doesn't work like it used to....

My granddaughter is here and I tell you, she keeps us hopping! That's probably what happened.

I am here today and signing on for 24, please. And yes, I did like the breakfast, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Thank you!
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Dill, grandkids sure keep us hopping! After a weekend of having them visit, it takes a week to recover!!

Cowboy, we have a local butcher who makes prime rib burgers. We buy them by the case to have on hand for occasions such as yesterday. We took over 10 grilled cheeseburgers, salad and dessert. I spoke with my neighbour this morning and he said it was the best thing that happened to them yesterday. I’m glad we made his day, he made my day a few times last winter by shovelling our driveway. Good neighbours are the best!!

Back to hockey tonight. I wonder if Vegas will continue their amazing winning streak?

Have a great af day everyone!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

“There comes a time when the world gets quiet and the only thing left is your own heart. So you'd better learn the sound of it. Otherwise you'll never understand what it's saying.”
                                ― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

GMAE all and happy memorial day to those of in the u.s of a. 62f here in Jersey on a dimly lit holiday afternoon. Committing to another 24!
                                “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                                Newbies Nest Roll Call
                                Toolbox
                                Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Working...
                                X