~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cross post, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Good morning! I'm right here with you!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Beautiful Sunday morning, sun is shining and no wind! I asked the Big Guy for some rain and He answered, I wonder if I asked Him for grass that would cut itself lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Even I can get tired of bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns lol, so something a bit different for breakfast this morning!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

""healing isn't linear. there are constant highs and lows associated with loss, grief and working through it.""-alex elle

This definitely pertains to those of us healing from addiction. Sometimes it's difficult to remember to be patient with ourselves, but that is exactly what we have to do. Reminder to myself!!
          Pauly, get yourself back in here, please! Get that day 1 again.. you can do this!..:hug:
          Mr. V, so sorry to hear about your friend.. sure hope he makes a turn for the better again..

Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us.. strength and love all around.xx
          thanks for the brekkie, AB! looks delish.
          Last edited by lifechange; June 3, 2018, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sorry to hear about your friend Mr V.

Great looking brekkie Cowboy!

My little buddy was ready to walk at 5:30 this morning so we did our 6km route and were home before 7. And now she’s back asleep!

Have a great af day everyone!!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quick fly by this morning. Really liked the quote yesterday LC!

Hope that everyone is having a great unhung Monday!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

""Altering what you're used to doing and how you're accustomed to feeling may not be the most comfortable, but remember change is good. Even when it makes you feel out of place or uncertain. Trust the journey. Have faith in the fact that you are forever evolving for the better. Those who don't understand why or how should be the least of your worries. You owe yourself a chance to change. Silence the noise and keep marching forward.""--Unknown

Sometimes I'm still uncertain and I guess that's ok. I just looked today in a book of daily quotes (from Hazelden) I have and I'd written at the bottom of June 7th, "This is the first day of the rest of my life"...2009. That sort of depressed me. I try hard to stay in my state of gratitude, but seeing that I've tried and failed a million times since then is a bit disheartening.
                Being gentle with myself and remembering all of the things I've learned these past 9 years.. it hasn't all been in vain.
                Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us..
                Hold tight, everyone.. xx
                Last edited by lifechange; June 4, 2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more please, and thanks...

A bit more rain last night, hardly enough to wet the bottom of a rain gauge lol. Cloudy, cool, and windy....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I didn't get much chance to post more yesterday, we headed to the farm early to water everything out there, then over to Vegreville to spray Par 3 on the in-law's lawns, then fertilize. Had supper with them and then back home to do our lawns! Busy, busy, busy lol.

I know you're out of town this week [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], hear anymore on how your friend is doing?

I'm with you [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I'd like to see Ovi finally get a chance to hoist the cup, but I'd also like to see Vegas go all the way with the inaugural season they've had! It'll be interesting to see what happens in tonight's game. I picked Vegas in 7 in our annual family hockey pool, so I'd like nothing more than to see Vegas win tonight!

Nobody likes change for the most part [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], least of all us alkies. But change we must if we want to continue living! I also look back on all the years of trying to quit, but that really makes no difference. We all have a quit that will stick if we're willing to make the changes needed to find it!

Have a great day y'all, Bubba and I are off to the bright lights this morning for a Costco run!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; June 4, 2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

I liked the quotes both yesterday and today, LC. The one about change I only partially agree with. Change is only good if it is a good change! I could use the same words: " but remember change is good. Even when it makes you feel out of place or uncertain." The first time I tried marijuana or drank at a party it felt out of place and uncertain. And it was not good. Not for me! Of course I realize today's quote was assuming "good change" and in that light, I completely agree with all the rest of it! Regarding the looking back, I have the 2009 date in common with you. And I like you, am still a work in progress. But I know that I am headed in the right direction and that's way better than where I was headed before, so I comfort myself with that. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] is right. The amount of time spent makes no difference. It's being willing to continue that makes the difference.

I like hockey but wouldn't classify myself a fan. I don't think I've ever watched an entire game. However, I am definitely interested in tonight's game and am excited about the Vegas team. I'll be rooting for them! It reminds me of that movie years ago about the Jamaican bobsled Olympic team called Cool Runnings. Based on the true story of the 1988 Olympics.

24 more, please.
                      Last edited by dill; June 4, 2018, 09:22 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Late check in for me today. Lots going on, mostly good! Mrs. QW is dealing with a few challenges related to Parkinson’s and that sucks but we have a new doc who is keenly interested in helping. Hopefully she’ll be a huge help.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Well, I’m not enjoying the game so far [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol, but wanted to share something with you as to the man Ovi (#8 Ovechkin Washington’s captain) really is!

Alex Ovechkin: Capitals captain buys homeless man clothes
                          Last edited by abcowboy; June 4, 2018, 08:08 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...Good to hear that Mrs. QW is getting the help that she needs. Having a really good doc that listens can make a huge difference!

keep those great quotes coming LC!

Rainy and cool on the back porch this morning, but the birds are still singing. Life goes on for them either way....i guess that we should all have the same attitude, but sometimes it's hard.

I'll have another 24 please with a side of gratitude.

Have great day all!

Comment

Quick check in today before the internet goes out again. No internet yesterday, so no check in.
                              I did hear yesterday my friend has been put on a ventilator, not a good sign.
                              24 more please.

Comment

What a great story to start my morning, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Ovi very possibly saved that man's life! I did not end up watching the game as Mr. D had something else on, but I guess it was just as well for me, eh? The team I was rooting for lost.

Thanks for the porch report [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I was out early looking at the moon. It was slightly over half and it was beautiful!

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] I hope this new doc makes a difference for Mr. QW. I believe she will! I have a really good doc who is a great diagnostician. I recommended her to a cousin who was dealing with a mysterious illness and she managed to find what was ailing my cousin when no one else had! Best wishes always to Mr. QW.

I just finished a book called, Hillbilly Elegy, by J.D. Vance. It was a memoir about his life that was very interesting and a triumph. He was a child of an addict and grew up in the rust belt here in Middletown, Ohio in a dysfunctional family but managed to achieve a successful life. (Have you heard of him, fellow southern Ohio buddy [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]?) He did a great job of describing his personal journey but also framing his story in the bigger picture of the political, social and economic events of his time.

24 more please and thank you!
                                Last edited by dill; June 5, 2018, 06:30 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X