No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

A beautiful day in store for us today, but I'll spend it in a basement running drain and water lines lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's birthday cake day in the Café!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thank you cowboy.....you're so sweet!

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and his family Mr V...

Comment

""If you are willing to look at another person's behavior as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement of your value as a person then you will, over a period of time, cease to react at all..""--Yogi Bhajan

Happy Birthday, Jude!
            and big hug to you, Mr. V..:hug:

Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us..

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The day started off with a chilly walk in only 4C temps. Thankfully there was little wind and the sun was shining.

It’s been a difficult day as Mrs. QW finds dealing with symptoms of Parkinson’s a challenge. Some days are good, others very frustrating. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

quick check-in.
                Happy birthday, Jude!
                strength to you and Mrs. QW.
                24 more here please.

Comment

Cloudy and cool today on the back porch with temps in the low50's. Not sure where summer went, but it's not here!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Chilly here, too! Too chilly to venture out onto the deck for more than a few minutes! Everything is fresh and clean after yesterday's rain. Happy belated birthday, Jude!

Sending you and Mrs. QW good vibes today, QW.

Thanks for another good quote, LC!

24 more please.
                    Last edited by dill; June 6, 2018, 06:51 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Thanks for sending your summer up to us Jude! Another beautiful day in store for us up here, but we could use another inch of rain...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Yesterday's quote reminded me of something Bubba said to me [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], people who make hurtful comments usually make them because they are hurting...misery loves company as they say... It's not often easy to let those comments pass, but when I hear or read them, I understand where they are coming from and not let them affect the way I feel about myself or others. The problem is, if you ignore the comments and person making them, instead of trying to help, are you any better as a person?

I never know what to say to people facing a terrible illness [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], other than my thoughts and prayers are with you. I know when my dad was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer with no treatment options, I had no idea what to say. What do you say to someone you love when they've just been told they have 6 months to live, and they won't be a pleasant 6 months? Your wife's disease has a great prognosis with the advancements in medicine and treatment, and I know all of us will be here for you as you face the ups and downs. Lean on us whenever you need too!

Comment

Good question, AB.. I think that sometimes the best way to help someone who is acting/speaking negatively towards me is not to react.. to step out of the space and let them be with themselves.. but sometimes, someone is reaching out for help, albeit in a negative way.. and then I do think it's good to try. But I guess, either way, it's good not to take their negativity personally, to realize where it's coming from.
                          I can ALWAYS feel it when I speak poorly of someone or to someone.. I know it's coming from within myself. In those situations it's difficult, if not impossible, to have a constructive conversation!

""Imagine if we obsessed about the things we loved about ourselves.""--??
                          I've seen this quote a couple of times and I like it.. don't necessarily want to obsess about anything! But I especially don't want to obsess about what I think I SHOULD be doing, who/how I wish I was/looked like, the things I wish I hadn't done, etc. etc..

Hope everyone is having an easy day.. or at least a manageable day..
                          here's to 24 more af hours for all of us!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Its been another long day but at least its sunny and warm!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...would you guys mind sending a little of that sun and warm weather down this way please? 49 degrees on the back porch....no coffee out there this morning!

Asking for another 24 and thank you!

Comment

We're the first ones up again, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! A chilly 55 degrees on the porch here but the temp is expected to climb to 83 today, thankfully. The grandkids asked to come visit so we have been busy, busy, busy! Our grandson is 12yo now and loved to help around here with mowing and other chores, so that is a blessing. Granddaughter loves to help too but at 7 her help often leads to more work for Nana! LOL! Today we are packing a cooler (with water, soft drinks and sandwiches, no beer like in the olden days) packing a bag and heading for Indian Lake for a day on a pontoon boat. They are so excited to go!

So, I think another 24 would be a really good thing.

QW, you and your wife are in my prayers. I hope today will be better. :hug:
                                Last edited by dill; June 7, 2018, 05:40 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X