~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

LC, I meant to comment on your quote. It was an interesting one and I had not heard it before. I suppose it is true that if we obsess, most of us obsess about our faults and give little attention to our good qualities. In fact sometimes it is even hard to think about ourselves in a positive light, especially in early recovery. It's a good reminder. Thank you.
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks....

You got a deal Jude! I'll send you some hot weather if you send some rain! Supposed to be close to 90F here today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; June 7, 2018, 07:03 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

For as long as I can remember, I only had 1 obsession, and I think y'all know what that was! I don't think about myself all that often. Sure, I'm grateful that I finally got sober, and I do like my job and know that I'm pretty good at it, but quitting drinking has opened a new door for me, it's not all about me anymore...

With the time change, you porch sisters will always be here before me, I don't plan on getting up 2 hours earlier just to beat you here lol. Besides, it's nice to have you two open the place up and have the coffee ready! Mr V is usually here around the same time as you ladies, I'll have to put a bug in his ear about hinting for some fresh pastries to go with the morning coffee!

I've always thought a pontoon boat would be so relaxing Dill! But like you, I would be thinking of a cooler full of beer to help me relax even more! Now, I think I'd just spend the day relaxing and diving off the side for a swim if it got too hot. Enjoy your day!
        Last edited by abcowboy; June 7, 2018, 07:17 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Here's some sunshine heading your way, Jude!!
          Dill, that sounds like such a fun day planned with your grandkids! I've got plans to go swimming with my youngest tomorrow after school/work.. looking forward.
          I'm looking for a quote!! Back in a bit.:happy2:
          I'm asking for 24 more af hours for all of us!

Comment

I have a work tunes playlist on my phone that I listen to while I’m driving or working. This is the first song that came on when I headed for the jobsite this morning, and it reminded me of all of us! Have a great day y’all!

Comment

""Until we can receive with an open heart, we are never really giving with an open heart. When we attach judgment to receiving help, we knowingly or unknowingly attach judgment to giving help.""--Brené Brown

What do you all think? I hadn't thought of it this way before, but it makes sense.. I know I'm not the best at receiving help.. but I am getting better. I've definitely accepted it here at MWO!:love:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and 33C, 91F today. We’ll gladly trade some heat for some rain, if anyone is interested!

It was another frustrating day here dealing with Parkinson’s. The physical components are considerably helped by the wonderful meds that have been developed. The challenge we’re facing deals with the mental aspects. A lot of things are let go! Thank you for everyones thoughts!!!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

57 degrees out on the porch this morning, but it's supposed to warm up to the mid 70's today with sunshine. Sorry that I can't send you some rain Cowboy, we usually have an abundance of it.
                  [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....Hope that Mrs. QW has a better day today. I can't imagine what you are both going through; sending hugs and prayers your way.

Another 24 please, and hope that everyone has a good Friday!

Comment

Thant quote brings up a very interesting concept, LC. I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I am going to have to ponder. It does make me pause and reflect on how I receive help tho. I think I am open to help when I feel I need it. I am hostile to help offered when I don't think I need it. I do think that is one of my faults. Because there are times when we need help but we don't recognize the need in ourselves. Often that is the case with addictions. We don't see our need for help because the addictive voice in our heads is telling us we don't need help. We often don't see that need until we have hit rock bottom or worse. (Is it possible to have worse than rock bottom?! LOL)

Porch is wet this morning from last night's gentle rain. My little cilantro seedlings were very happy overnight! LOL The day at the lake was wonderful! Great weather!

QW, I wish we could do more for you and Mrs. QW. Will continue to sent prayers and thoughts your way. :love:

Cowboy, I have always loved the Desiderata since the very first time I read it. I have almost made a mantra of the first line altho I am pretty sure it is too long to qualify as a mantra! But I often repeat it to myself before stressful situations at any rate. Thanks for sharing that version. Loved it!

24 more please. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], come back! We've saved your seat over by the window!
                    Last edited by dill; June 8, 2018, 05:58 AM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

69F, already warm.
                      No internet yesterday, so could not check in.
                      Back home for about 12 hours, and head out this afternoon for Indiana for my niece's wedding.
                      Busy!
                      24 more for us all!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Another hot day in store for us up here....sheez.... Well, I don't get to have my name engraved on the annual hockey pool trophy, but it was nice to see Ovi finally win one!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I had a slight chuckle this morning Mr V, when I read your post I thought of the Tommy Hunter song "Travelling Man" lol.

I agree with Dill on the quote LC, it seems pretty simple on the surface....but made me ponder a bit....and made me think of selfishness....

TGIF! What more can I say except...no quitting on your quits this weekend!

Comment

""Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of good luck.""--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Happy Saturday! It's gonna be a hot one here.. around 93°C, which for us, in a city of no AC and lots of brick, can seem very warm!
                            Just baked a Rhubarb Buttermilk Streusel cake for our school's summer festival.. and in the afternoon I'm meeting with girlfriends to hear some open air music.. all in all I'm looking forward to a nice and relaxing AF day..

QW, hope you and your wife are doing alright/better today. I've been very sorry to hear of your/her struggles..
                            Pauly, I'm missing you here!

asking for 24 more for all of us!

Comment

Loved the quote LC....so very true.

Another cool one on the porch this morning at 49 degrees, but it's supposed to warm up to the mid seventies today. I managed to stay out long enough to hear a Great Blue Heron squawking down by the creek. Kind of sounded like an old man having an argument. They do sound pretty cranky, but I love to watch them fly overhead....huge birds!
                              [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....hope that Mrs. QW is having a better day!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

For me the porch was cool, and wet from last night's downpour. I couldn't find a dry place to sit so retreated indoors. The birds were singing but not like in spring. They have moved to their summer songs, less excited and strident. I could hear a woodpecker working on a tree in the near distance. Probably another dead Ash. So sad to have lost all those Ash to the evil ash borer.

The grandchildren are home for a couple of days while we recharge our batteries here! They will be back Monday for a couple more days.

LC, that is a perfect quote! So, so true!

24 more for me and my friends, as [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] would say!
                                Last edited by dill; June 9, 2018, 06:25 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X