No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:20am in Alberta, yup, just like [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] say, another 24 for me and my friends!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Hot and dry, but 3 days of showers and rain the forecast, we shall see....

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for great quotes this week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Today's holds a simple but powerful message, we don't always know what's good for us and what we sometimes want is not what we really want at all. It's like the Garth Brooks song, "Unanswered Prayers" sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“A Native American elder once described his own inner struggles in this manner: Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog all the time. When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied, The one I feed the most.”
        ― George Bernard Shaw

Not sure about anyone else, but in my case, alcohol feeds the mean dog. I've put that beast to the back of the kennel....it's up to me to make him stay there.
        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...I've noticed as well that most of the forums on MWO are very quiet. Hoping that people are just busy doing things outside in the summer weather.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much.

Comment

Yes, very quiet on all fronts. I hope activity here picks up. But either way, here I am! I liked this mornings quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I have heard it before and it is very easy to relate to. I never thought of it in quite the way you did tho. I usually think of it in terms of cravings. If I give in to the cravings, the evil dog is stronger. If I avoid the cravings the good dog is stronger. The more I avoid the urges to drink the stronger the good dog becomes.

Another wet morning on the deck! Humbly asking for 24 more.
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

We got quite the thunder and lightning show last night! There was a tornado touch down west of a small town to the north of us, no reports of damage which is good! And we got 2/10's of rain with more supposed to be coming.

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Breakfast is ready!

Comment

I think for the most part, we'll always have decisions to make that cause us a bit of turmoil. whether it be about drinking or any other of the many things we encounter throughout the day. Life is always about choices, good ones, bad ones, evil dog, or good dog. That's the message I get out of today's quote, life is all about choices, it's up to us to make the right ones.

As you mentioned Jude, summer seems to hold more drinking triggers and temptations for us all, I would think that would mean support groups get busier. I guess it all boils down to how much importance you put on being sober and the amount of help/support you need to accomplish that, no matter what the trigger... As Dill said, no matter who comes and goes, I'll be here...

Comment

Me too!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s been a long couple of days with lots of frustration but we’re hoping to get some help and good news from our doctor tomorrow.

Thanks to those who have asked about Mrs QW. Every day is a challenge with PD!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you." ~ Sarah Ban Breathnach

I find that gratitude has helped me tremendously on my journey into sobriety. It can really put things into perspective for sure.
                      [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]... Hope that you have good news from the doc, and that you and Mrs. QW are staying strong. I can't imagine what you are both going through, and you are in my thoughts.:heart:

Another 24 please and grateful to be sober.

Comment

I pray Mrs. QW gets the help she needs today, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. I've read up a bit on Parkinsons, having no little first hand knowledge of the disease. You and Mrs. QW are really up against it! I continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Sometimes it is hard to find that feeling of gratitude, Jude. It often takes an effort, especially in the darker times. But it is worth the effort, especially during those times! :love: If I don't do it, I gradually begin to feel resentments and anger creeping in. We all know where that can take us!

Another rain overnight! I can't seem to ever get a good morning out on the deck of late. Mr. D is starting to get concerned about the hay. If the weather pattern doesn't change our hay will be ruined. The cows will not be pleased! Speaking of the cows, we had a couple manage to escape on Saturday morning! They were in a trailer being transported to another farm but the driver forgot to latch the trailer gate! They weren't very far down the road when they gate opened and they decided this was their stop! LOL. Unfortunately their stop was the local university campus....wide open spaces! Mr. D and said farm hand had a time rounding them up! The farm hand's wife and son joined in, as well as another farmer friend. I got called on to help flag traffic while they managed to maneuver the cows about a half mile from the campus, down our road and up our driveway. It was quite a spectacle! LOL It's funny to see big animals like that in places they don't belong, but as the owners you really don't have time to laugh about it until it's all in the past and no one has been harmed!:yay:

I didn't drink over it, but I did think about it, TBH. Glad I didn't! 24 more please!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Back home, at least for a week or so, lol.
                          I got to see my mom, a brother, whose daughter was married, and two sisters. A good trip and fun wedding. The couple both teach high school and are track and cross country coaches for the school.est Virgin
                          My son , who does similar work as me, got called out last night just after he got home, and had a 3+ hour drive to WVA. But he got double his daily rate, and was eager to go. Oh, to be young again, lol.
                          24 more for me and all my friends here.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Glad you had a good trip!
                            Dill

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

More rain this morning, yaaay!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Great to have you back Mr V, safe, sound, and sober!

Being grateful is so important, it was one of the major things that helped me get sober and stay that way!

I can't imagine what you and the Mrs are going through QDub, but rest assured we're all hoping and praying...

Comment

Working...
                                X