Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

In advance of our meeting with the doctor this afternoon, Mrs QW and I had a long chat about things that have needed to be discussed for a long time. I think both of us were just avoiding it. Anyway, we’ve decided that the upkeep of the house is more than we can handle so a cleaning service will be hired. Except for vacuuming, I love that!

Mrs QW went to renew her drivers licence the other day and was told she’d have to have medical clearance to do so. We talked about it and she’s fine with having to stop driving, if that’s what the doc says. Before her meds kicked in a couple of years ago I or her friends drove her wherever she needed to go.

She’s also fine in getting a walker if necessary. Good. And she’s fine with moving into an assisted facility when the time is right. Hopefully that’ll be a long way off!

Our house doesn’t have many stairs but at some point they will become the likely reason for a move into a condo. That too will hopefully be a few years away. In the meantime, we’re making some changes to our house that will make life easier. This week we’re having sliding shelves installed in the kitchen.

I’m of course hoping for some good news this afternoon. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts and wishes!

Update. Visit with the doc went well, we have a strategy in place for short term treatment. Then at supper tonight, Mrs QW passed me her plate and asked if I would cut her food. F PD! Breaks my heart.
    QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; June 11, 2018, 07:26 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more AF hours for all of us, please!
      Thinking of you and your wife, QW..

Comment

"If we never go through any valleys how will we know when we've reached a mountain top? How will we know if the mountain is even any good if all our lives we stay up on the mountain and never experience any valleys? I know we'd all like to avoid those "valleys" at all costs, but the most growth for anything happens during adversity." Kim Bloomer

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....I admire you and your wife for dealing with these unfortunate circumstances in the best way that you know how, with strength and love. You two are definitely the epitome of "for better or worse." My thoughts are with you both.....

Kinda quiet on the porch this morning, but I can always count on the sound of the creek, always churning on its endless journey.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!
        Last edited by Jude58; June 12, 2018, 06:04 AM.

Comment

My heart goes out to you and Mrs. QW, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! It sounds like she is facing things with grace and determination. I admire her strength, and yours as well.

No time for the deck this morning because I had to hurry to the hospital to get the coffee on! We have the absolute best donuts in town here, but so far I am resisting!

24 more, please!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! As I mentioned above, I had no time for the deck, but the drive this morning was magical. The night was just ending and day just beginning so I was very careful to watch for critters large and small. I was delighted to see an owl fly across the road just ahead of me, and then I saw a blue bird in my headlights. It was turquoise in that light tho! Fleeting but beautiful glimpses. There were also other birds and bunnies. It made the early hour's drive so worthwhile!

Thank you for a really good quote, a reminder not to dwell on regrets but to be grateful for the lows of the past instead!
            Last edited by dill; June 12, 2018, 06:12 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Wow, howling, and I mean howling wind out there! Hopefully get a bit more rain today, but we'll take whatever we get. I tied in 3 gas lines to the gas meter out in the rain yesterday, and didn't mind doing it at all lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope the Dr's appt went good for both of you QDub!

Yesterday as I was driving home in the rain, I saw a cow moose with newborn twin calves crossing a field. They were pretty wobbly on their feet, but doing their darndest to keep up to mom lol. She never got more than 20 feet in front of them, them stopped to let them catch up. It kinda reminded me of a recovery forum....
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I am thinking you missed the "Update" QW added to the end of his post yesterday.

Loved the moose imagery! LOL!
                  Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. And thanks for the good wishes everyone.

Cowboy, seeing wildlife is one of the best parts of living in Alberta. Yesterday morning while walking, my little buddy and I saw 5 deer near our lake. They were being followed by a coyote! I don’t mind seeing the deer but not so much the coyote. And later on our walk we came across a huge rabbit.

Mrs QW is organizing the paperwork to get her licence renewed. It looks like both our family doctor and her neurologist will be involved. I guess depending on what they say will determine if a road test will be needed.

Sunny and windy here today with rain forecast for later in the week.

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; June 12, 2018, 12:03 PM.

24/7/365

Comment

"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of this life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself."
                      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Breezy with rain showers today, but still mild.
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Loved the description of your morning commute yesterday. It's amazing what we can see if we only open our eyes!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Another wonderful quote, Jude! Thank you. It is so true that in giving, we receive. It's another wet day on the horizon. I would really like a break from this weather pattern! The birds don't seem to be bothered by it tho. They are filling the air with song at the moment!

24 more, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Comment

69F with the sun trying hard.
                          Sorry to hear about things with Mrs QW, but I'm glad you're there for her, QW. Sending you both strength.
                          24 more for us all!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more please, and thanks...

6C (44F) this morning, sun is up and shining brightly, no wind... a good day to head to the city with the cargo trailer for material

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; June 13, 2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

You're right Dill, I did miss the edited portion of QDub's post! It was good to read though!

That's why I keep coming back Jude, there's always something someone says that makes things a bit easier for me!

Happy Hump day y'all, let's git'er done eh!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It wasn’t a bad day today for Mrs QW. We have another doctors appointment Friday to further plan a strategy.

My little buddy and I walked twice today for a total of 12kms. We didn’t see any wildlife though. Gotta love this time of year!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af day!!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X