~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures.”
    – Josiah Gilbert Holland

Couldn't hear much on the back porch this morning; the wind kinda took over everything!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

The deck was fairly quiet this morning here too, but in this case it was due to the cool temps. There is brilliant sunshine and low humidity. We're livin' the dream!

Great quote, Jude! I bet even the royals don't always have a royal road at times! Life is full of struggles but facing them down brings us so much satisfaction.

24 more, please.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Cool and a bit cloudy, I'll take it because there's nothing I can do to change it lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We all know that quitting and staying quit isn't easy, it's a rough road. Each mile marker is a victory, and if we keep looking forward to the next mile marker, the road doesn't seem quite so long!

I get to be a tin basher for the next couple of days! Variety is the spice of life they say, and that's why I love my job!
          Last edited by abcowboy; June 14, 2018, 07:06 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

2:10 here in the afternoon, on a sunny, breezy day. asking for 24 more af hours for all of us..!

Comment

60F cool and crisp and sunny, heaven for this time of year.
              24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A quiet day today, one of a very few lately. Another doctors appointment tomorrow for Mrs QW to do more planning for her treatment.

And we got some much needed rain with more coming in the next day or so. Good news for farmers and those of us with damaged lawns.

Hope everyone is enjoying an af day!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce." Vivian Komori

Quick fly by this morning....

Asking for another 24 for all of us!

Comment

Bouncing along here! It's a gorgeous, sunny morning. We are finally getting a precious few dry days. Hopefully we'll get the hay up......making hay while the sun shines!

24 more please.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

At my age, I don't bounce so well anymore Jude, that's why I think it's best I just stay in the saddle lol.

Hay making doesn't start around here for another month or so Dill. Hopefully there'll be a good hay crop for everyone this year!

Took Adam and Darcie out for supper last night, it was Darcie's birthday. She is also AF, but not because she's an alcoholic, but because she's allergic to alcohol! When we were seated, the waitress came for our drink order, I ordered a tall rum and coke, the look on the other 3 faces was priceless! I then asked the waitress to hold the rum, even the waitress got a laugh! Sometimes it's alright to poke fun at my sobriety, it lightens the mood in a social situation like last night, and let's the others know it's okay to drink around me.
                        Last edited by abcowboy; June 15, 2018, 07:20 PM.

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

63F and sunny, starting to warm up.
                            Good to see you back, Pauly.
                            I can bounce, it's that ping-ponging that gets me, lol.
                            Wishing everyone here another 24.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another quiet day here. Nothing major to report from Mrs QW’s visit to the doctor except more trying different things and seeing what works. This is one of the most bothersome and frustrating parts of Parkinson’s as there can be many different symptoms and no two patients present the same way. Oh well, we‘ll keep working with the docs and Parkinson Alberta and hope to make the best of things.

Hope everyone is having a great af Friday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"The elevator to success is out of order. You'll have to use the stairs...one step at a time." - Joe Girard

All of the outlaws are coming for dinner today. Feeling a little anxious, but I will not drink!

Asking for another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X