~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

64F on the way to a hot humid one here today.
    Sounds like a day at the pool!
    Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.
    Yes, one step one day at a time.
    24 more please.

Comment

LOL! Great quote, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Straight to the point but with humor! Love it! And I'm glad you are not going to drink when the "outlaws" visit. I remember when I used to do that; drink when the relatives were coming. It was ok at first but over time I of course started drinking too much. Once I got to that point I began to be anxious about controlling it and "acting normal", etc. That just increased the anxiety of having the relatives over! It was so ridiculous, really! Now I am so happy that I can face social events without alcohol. I enjoy them much better that way. :happy2: I'm curious if Mr. J is/was a drinker. Mr. D is not. He has a very occasional beer or rum and coke at social gatherings but he has never to my knowledge, ever drank to excess. I really don't get it! LOL!

I'll have 24 free and clear, please!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

13C (58F) this morning already, going to be a scorcher today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's great to have you back Pauly! I know you'll never give up!

Thanks for the week of great quotes Jude! Today's reminds all of us that there's no easy way to do this!

I don't remember back in my early drinking days about people coming to visit. I know that I would be fully stocked up with booze to make sure there was enough to get me through the day/weekend though. I also remember making sure there was a 24 pack of beer in the barn/shop/truck so that I could always get in a few extra that no one would know about. At the end of my drinking days I really didn't care who saw how much I drank, family, friends, relatives, neighbours, etc. All that mattered was drinking, not anyone's opinion of how much I drank...
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

My little buddy and I saw a coyote at the lake again this morning. It was getting close to a nesting goose and the male goose was protecting his family. Well done goose. The coyote headed back into the trees.

Jude, hope the visit with the outlaws goes well. Stay strong!

Have a great af day everyone!!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Fathers Day to all of the Dad's out there!

Well, I managed to get through another "outlaw" visit without drinking, and am very grateful for that!
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]..yes, my husband does drink. He usually has 4-5 beers a day, but spaces them out. I have only seen him drunk a few times, but still, it can't be good for him.

It's supposed to be 90 today and very muggy. Time to put the air conditioning on!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

70F already, a hot one again today.
                  Stupid AL cravings lately and anxiety creeping in. Got to figure out what's really bugging me.
                  24 more please.

Comment

As most of you know, I also post daily on the WQD/Ryver recovery forum, and I used to also post on the SoberRecovery forum, but it got a bit too much to post on 3 forums every morning so I just post on WQD and MWO now. Anyway, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] is a WQD member who also posts here after I extended an invitation to join us. I asked her if she wanted to help with the daily quotes on WQD (and here as well Rava!) but she didn't want to make the commitment full out, but she sent me some quotes to use for this week. Thanks Rava!

“As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as in being able to remake ourselves.”
                    - Mahatma Gandhi

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Going to be hot today and all week! Headed over to Vegreville today to spend Father's Day with the in-laws and I'm glad I put a/c in their house!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; June 17, 2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Breakfast is ready! Happy Father's Day to all the dad's!

Comment

Happy Father's day to all the dads 5:45 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Way to go on getting through the day AF Jude! We sometimes put those things down as small victories, but they are actually big victories because we didn't cave! And more importantly, we can use that victory in the future to remind ourselves that we can get through any function without needing a drink.

I understand what you're going through Mr V. I have something that's bothering me about family that I still need to get a handle on. I think it falls back on resentment and when that starts to creep in, I remember what my counsellor told me. Resentment will lead to anger if I let it, and anger for me leads to a full blown drunk. As each family situation arises, I deal with it, but for some reason I can't quite come to terms with it. I know drinking will only make it worse but I still have to find a way to accept things as they are, and be grateful that I don't need booze to help me out.

Sometimes we need to look inside ourselves and contemplate what's bothering us, no matter how hard that may be. And sometimes the answers we find aren't the ones we want, but at least we are making progress in healing....

Comment

Happy Father's Day to all you dads!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A quiet day here that started with a walk with my little buddy. Mrs QW met us part way. She uses walking poles for stability when she walks and finds they’re much better than her cane. Having her meet us usually indicates she’s having a good day.

I’ve had Happy Fathers Day wishes from my sons. Sadly though we won’t be getting together.

I hope everyone has a great af day!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another hot and muggy day here, with the possibility of some strong storms later on. I can remember that these kind of days were even more unbearable while hung-over. While I was drinking, every morning was hell, but especially Mondays. I am truly grateful that those days are a thing of the past.

Humbly asking for another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X