~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I will send you some more when I get some time! [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].
    Last edited by Rava; June 19, 2018, 11:02 AM.

Comment

6:32 here on a beautiful morning.. asking for 24 more af hours for all of us.

Comment

It's a beautiful morning here as well LC!

Another 24 please!

Comment

"When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us." – Alexander Graham Bell

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Hot!! That's all I can say! Supposed to be 98F here today!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Last edited by abcowboy; June 20, 2018, 07:06 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:24 am in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that quote, AB.. thanks for the reminder..

Comment

I will take 24 please. Already went to Walmart this morning and bought a book to read in the hammock after work during the witching hour. I know my husband is working late and I need to plan that time accordingly to keep from drinking. It also helps that there is no alcohol in the house.

Comment

Morning, all. Busy here today, I like that.
                  Good to see you more often LC!
                  Welcome to the daily check-in Rava, and thanks for the quotes.
                  Although I don't often respond to the quotes, I do read and reflect upon them.
                  Hot again today, 74F already.
                  Summer solstice tomorrow at 6:07 am EDT.
                  24 more for all of us please!

Comment

Late check-in for me today. The granddaughter is here so I've been hopping! She's been looking for toads in my flower beds and has fixed up a nice toad park for them to spend a few hours in. She will likely grow up to be a Naturalist some day. She claims to want to be a paleontologist, so we shall see!
                    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], what is WQD/ryver?

I agree with Mr. V, LC. It's nice to have you posting more often! Solstice tomorrow? Hmm. Didn't that used to be another occasion to drink, once upon a time! Not now!!!
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], :welcome: And thanks for digging up quotes for Cowboy this week. You have a knack for good quotes!

Hey QW, you've been retired 2 years longer than myself! Isn't it nice?!! Meals on wheels sounds like a good choice. I think also, if you are a good driver, lots of senior citizen centers use volunteer drivers to take seniors to appointments.

24 more please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; June 20, 2018, 01:45 PM.
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A warm and sunny day here today. Thanks to a nice southerly breeze the AC was turned off and windows opened. My little buddy and I walked early (5:45) and again after lunch, a total of 12kms or 7.5 miles. One of us is currently passed out in the living room although I suspect she’ll awake for supper in about 30 minutes.
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], not far from here, in Drumheller is the Royal Tyrell Museum. Alberta is famous for many finds of fossils and the museum has an amazing display. Maybe your granddaughter could check it out online. We plan to take our grandson one day this summer.

I hope everyone is having a great af Wednesday!

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; June 20, 2018, 07:06 PM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

WQD (We Quit Drinking) is/was another recovery forum just like MWO [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It was a thread based forum like MWO and SoberRecovery, but the owner was having financial issues so he shut it down. A few of the members searched around and decided Ryver was a good host to continue WQD. Ryver is more like a "chatroom" based platform, and everyone can start their own "chatroom" and use it like a thread. I find the thread based platform more user friendly, and it's much easier to keep track of the new posts to the various threads. Maybe [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] can help me out here with a better definition/explanation?

When AA didn't seem to be working for me (couldn't buy into the 12 Step Program) I looked online and found SR and MWO. I preferred MWO because of it's smaller membership size, but I was an active member on SR for a few years. When I decided I needed a break from MWO, I searched again and found WQD. I post daily on both sites now, but will always think of MWO as home and the support I needed to finally quit for good, with the Big Guy's help of course.

You're right QDub, the Tyrell Museum is fantastic! I've been there a few times. We are quite fortunate to have many historical sites like the Tyrell here in Alberta. Have you been to Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump?

I concur with the rest, great to see you visiting more often LC, and nice to see you joining in as well Rava!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; June 20, 2018, 08:58 PM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Summer Solstice day all! It's supposed to be sunny and warm here today and I'm loving it!

I can always count on the sounds of the creek every morning from my perch on the back porch. Joining in on the chorus were a Great Horned owl and a bullfrog with lots of birds as back up singers.

Hope that everyone has a great day...asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump? Had to google that one, lol! Learned something today. I have never heard of a buffalo jump.
                            That's a lot of walking, QW, good for you, and your little buddy. I do miss walking mine.
                            Having a lot of friends going through medical issues. I am so, so very grateful for my health.
                            To think I just took it for granted for so many years, and then abused my body badly with AL.
                            My friend who was on the ventilator a week or so ago is off, and will live, but has brain damage, due to bacterial meningitis, brought on by listeria. So very sad. Nobody knows if he'll ever get his mental capacity back.
                            Gotta go exercise! Lol
                            24 more for all of us please!

Comment

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” – Carl Bard

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

You want my weather forecast? Need more Right Guard!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas,another 24 please supposed to hit at least 110 today we'll see,very scary about your friend Mr.V hope he's ok,welcome Rava Cowboy i havent been on SR in ages,its just too big over there and very AA which isn't a bad thing just not me,wishing everyone a happy AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X