No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The buffalo jumps are quite ingenious, necessity is the mother of all invention eh! Good thing there was no SPCA back then!

Sorry to hear about your friend Mr V, I sometimes wonder at what point life becomes not worth living anymore and then remind myself that I was there once...
    Last edited by abcowboy; June 21, 2018, 07:50 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't know how you guys get used to that heat Pauly! I suppose it's all in climatization... I quit posting on SR as well, just too big and hard to stay up with all the threads. I'm not a huge fan of AA either as you can tell, but I'm all for whatever works to help people get sober. I've been asked by some of my AA friends to go back and share what worked for me, but I don't think I'd be much welcomed if I stood up and said "My name is Bruce, and I'm a recovering alcoholic. Now throw out the 12 Step Program and just follow the 10 Commandments." I can almost see the shock on more than a few faces. lol
      Last edited by abcowboy; June 21, 2018, 07:51 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wow, QW! That Museum looks phenomenal!

It's another day with granddaughter. Today it is rainy so we are keeping busy indoors with some art activities. We've been to the store and we'll probably head to the library later. Rainy summer days are long! And on top of that this is the longest day of the year! Sheesh!

Thanks for the lovely porch report this morning, Jude!

Thanks for filling me in on WQD, Cowboy. I think for myself, MWO is probably enough at this point. But it's good to know about other options. Oh, I forgot to answer you the other day about our bales. We do large round bales.

24 please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad you checked out the museum online [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. It’s truly a spectacular place to visit. Lots of interesting history in the area too. Last summer we found a pottery place not far from Drumheller and saw a restored coal mining operation.

It sunny and hot, 28C or 82F so my little buddy and I are enjoying the AC in the rec room.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Thursday!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad that it's Friday! It's supposed to be another beautiful day today, sunny and 81 degrees.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

70F and thunderstorms this morning. Rained all day yesterday, probably got 2-3 inches. More overnight.
              Went on a bike ride yesterday morning, thought I had a window of opportunity, but got rained on the last 15 miles. I enjoyed it, lol, very refreshing!
              24 more please.

Comment

“Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyer

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Still hot here, another 31C (94F) day forecast. Cooler temps supposed to be coming next week.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:29 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Loved the quote today, Rava/Cowboy! Spot on!

Humbly asking for another 24.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I will take 24 please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

An early start today, we were home from our walk by 6:45. We’re under a severe thunderstorm watch until late this evening. This time I hope we only get rain and no hail.

Our sliding shelves are to be installed this weekend. Can’t wait!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af POETS Day!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rain today with temps in the mid seventies...might be a book reading kind of day!

Here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

I will take another 24 please. I think it’s a book day or netflix kind of day with lots of rain in the forecast.

Comment

I think of your screened in porch every day, Jude. I love my deck but really wish more and more that we had put it under roof and screened it in! How great it would be to be able to go sit outside without the bugs and the rain chasing you back inside! Growing up, the house we lived in had a large screened in side porch. I spent many a happy hour sitting out there on summer afternoons with a good book!

Rava, and isn't it great to know that if you do read a book today that you won't have to reread it tomorrow because you can't remember any of it do to drink?! I think I ended up reading several of the Potter books that way. I'd read some in the evening and then I'd have to read it all again the next morning because I couldn't recall much if any of it!

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Last edited by dill; June 23, 2018, 05:59 AM.
                              Dill

Comment

5:23 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X