~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]....You're one tough cookie. You really must have done a number on the arm/hand, did you cut yourself with a chainsaw! Geez Louise!

@Mr. Vervill and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] or anyone else that would like my contact info, either on FB or personal email, please PM me, and I will give you the information. I was so lost after finding out that I couldn't get on to MWO yesterday. If it ever goes down permanently, I would really like to stay in touch with all of you. You're all my safe harbor in what can at times be a stormy sea. :love:

Have a great day everyone! Wish that Orimus would get his ass back here!

Comment

7:20 am in Vegas another 24 please glad you're on the mend Cowboy!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

11:18am on an idyllic day in southern Ohio!

Wow, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], when you do something you do it up big! I hope you heal as quickly as possible. Has anybody said anything about physical/occupational therapy being down the line?

Hey, Miss Wogg, good to see you!

I envy you the sound of those screech owls, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION].

I second Jude's invite to exchange contact info. PM me and I'd be happy to share mine with any café regulars that would like to make that an option in case sometime in the future MWO shuts down.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cowboy! 10 severed tendons!!! Oh my goodness. Are you going to recover full use of those fingers. Sending you lots of love & hugs.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Hope you’re well on the road to recovery Cowboy. You really did some damage!

A bit cooler today with a nice breeze. My little buddy and I left the house at 5:45 for our 6km walk, was it ever nice. Mrs QW met us for the last part of our walk, always nice to see her feeling well enough to do that.

Chore day today. Wish I could help out with some of the chores you can’t do for a while Cowboy.

QW
            Last edited by Quit wining; July 7, 2018, 01:18 PM.
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I’m finally home! Thanks again everyone, you have no idea how much your posts have helped me each day as I read through them! Just another example of how much a family we have become on MWO!

Now starts the 12 week journey to recovery. And yes [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], the surgeon told me if I follow the physiotherapists instructions to the letter that I’ll have a full recovery! Thanks for the well wishes too!

Simple explanation, I was running a heavy duty electric drill with a 4” wood bit drilling a hole in a floor joist. The bit jambed up in the wood, spinning my wrist and arm up, slicing my arm on a metal strap used to hold RTM homes to the basement once they are moved on. Then the adventure began.

The advancements in medical science are truly amazing. This nerve blocking procedure allowed me to stay awake and watch the surgery without feeling a thing. They put a needle in by my collarbone and froze the 5 nerves that deal with the sensory signals (heat, cold, pain, etc) from that arm to the brain. I could feel everything they were doing without a lick of pain so I got to watch every step of the 2 hour surgery. We don’t usually get to see the amazing work these surgeons do underneath the skin, we just see the finished result, but I got to witness it firsthand!

I have no idea how I would have handled this whole situation if I’d still been drinking! It definitely wouldn’t have been in the calm and cool way I handled them sober. And y’all being here for me with your words of encouragement helped so much while I was sitting there and waiting and waiting to get it over with!

So thanks once again everyone! And like the rest, I was a bit devasted to see MWO shut down when I needed it most! My email is in my profile, soberalbertan@ gmail.com and I’d be more than happy to share more contact info with whomever emails me!

So it’s back to business as usual tomorrow morning! Thanks Jude for the great quotes this week, they helped keep my spirits up during the endless hours of waiting! And thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] for looking after the Roll Call, I’ll be back on duty tomorrow morning!

And great to see you back in the saddle [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!
              Last edited by abcowboy; July 7, 2018, 06:56 PM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Your pm box is full [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I tried to message you that I know it's short notice, but it's your week for quotes starting tomorrow if you are up for it. Thanks!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Beautiful morning here in upstate N.Y. with an expected high of 83 degrees and sunshine. Looks like a good day to get the kayaks out!
                  [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].....Hope that you are relatively pain free this morning! Just being home can go a long way towards the healing process!

Here's to another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

Looking forward to another perfect summer's day here, AF!

Cowboy you gave us a scare, then the site gave us a scare as well! What a week! I was glad to be able to temporarily step up, but will be more than happy to hand the reigns back. I'm just so grateful for modern medicine and know-how and I hope your healing is a quick as it can be!

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

68F and another beautiful day here.
                      On the road in Kentucky, back home later today.
                      38 mile on the bike yesterday with a few hill, I'm beat.
                      So glad to hear things went well, Cowboy, wow. Things happen so fast.
                      I'm not sure if I could watch an operation on myself, probably end up passed out on the floor. On someone else, no problem. Weird.
                      24 more for all of us

Comment

7:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; July 8, 2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Glad you're home Cowboy and man what a scary thing to happen,you could have lost your arm! Thank goodness that didn't happen and you had this outcome instead 6:15 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

For the 48 hours I was in the hospital, I had 2 pieces of dry toast to eat!! Bubba made me a roast beef supper with all the trimmings for supper last night! Now tell me why I love my wife!! And it's going to be a very hearty breakfast as well, so everyone enjoy!

Comment

Hi Cowboy. How you feeling today? I'm sure hurting. :hug:

Take it easy and follow orders, young man! :heartbeat:
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora, I’m doing pretty good! The pain is minimal, which surprises me and I’ve gotten by on just 1 Advil so far today! The biggest adjustment is learning how to live with one hand, as for the next couple of weeks my right hand is basically useless. The big bandage you see will be taken off next Monday when I meet with my surgeon. Then the physiotherapist will fit me with a new, waterproof custom “splint” that will be on me for the following 10 - 11 weeks. But, I’ll take it one day at a time!

Last edited by abcowboy; July 8, 2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X