• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Overcast, rainy and muggy.
    24 more please

Comment

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can change his life by changing his attitude." - William James

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for sending me the quotes to use this week, they were awesome! You're right [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], your week follows [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], so exchanging weeks is a great idea!

What kind of work does the vehicle need for $1700 [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Is the vehicle worth spending that kind of money on?

The dentist is something I'm putting off till later [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], eyes, ears, then teeth lol. Glad you got away with a filling, mine is going to be yard them all out and replace them with dentures.

Come on up [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], we've got lots of room! And that invitation is extended to everyone!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:56 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I had to slip over to the Nest and steal this

Originally posted by DriftyAlison0
            Every now and then I could stop at 2 but most of the time when I drank I drank to get drunk and would be so afraid of not having enough money or time or even enough alcohol to get me drunk.
            because it tied in with what I wanted to say about this

Originally posted by dill
            guzzle like it was cheap grocery store wine
            Is this true for all of us? It certainly was for me! I very rarely drank for the taste, unless it was something new I was tasting. And yep, the odd time I could stop at 2 or 3, but never at 1! Like Alison, most of the time I drank to get drunk, and like dill, most of the time it was guzzling, not drinking, because just drinking beer wouldn't get me the buzz I needed! I had to drink it fast and furious because my opportunity to drink might disappear. Yep, definitely not something to be proud of....
            Last edited by abcowboy; August 11, 2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

You are "my people". I was exactly the same, hide the box in the garage, drink and think hubs didn't notice how many trips I'd made to the garage. Laundry was out there so he'd never know. Haha Now there's some stinkin' thinkin'. We are surrounded by family (non-drinkers) for the next week so lots of sober laughs and family fun. I'm so lucky to have the family I have. Love them so much!

24 more please and THANK you!
              Last edited by Ginger999; August 11, 2018, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
                [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], we had 3 gaskets replaced, preventative maintenance, so mostly labour. Actually labour was about $1,250 of the cost. The mechanic we deal with looks out for potential problems as he knows this is the vehicle Mrs QW drives. It’s a Ford Escape with low mileage so it’s worth keeping on the road.
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], one of the best laughs I ever had was when I read on my box of wine that it would stay fresh for 6 weeks!!! As if that would ever happen!

Much cooler today - we hit 42.6C or 108F yesterday - a welcome relief except there’s a lot of smoke in the air.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yep [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I went from drinking normally a long time ago to guzzling, then refilling my glass making it look like it was still full. If someone watched me they would see me sneaking and refilling until i was slurring my words and wobbling around. I hate myself like that. That’s why I’m here working on that terrible side of myself.

Comment

If it's 'true confessions of a sneak drinker time', let me add this one: I would empty my can of sparkling water halfway and then top it up with my wine. For the rest of the evening I would continue to refill that can with wine...Pretty tricky eh? It looked like I was drinking a can of soda water the whole time. :eek-new: What could possibly go wrong?!

Last day of my daughter's visit. It's been just wonderful so far but at the same time, I am really feeling the exhaustion setting in. When she comes, my son and his kids also come and stay so we can all make the most of our time together. Lots of extra clutter and dishes and food, commotion etc. I'm sure you all can relate!

Today, 24 hours of clarity please.
                    Last edited by dill; August 12, 2018, 06:08 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.” – Oscar Wilde

It took me a long time to learn to love myself, and becoming sober helped me to do so immensely. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...I guess most of us true alkies played the sneaking drinks game. I used to put my cheap boxed wine (heavily laced with vodka) in a large mug with a straw. The mug was dark colored, so no one could see the level of booze as it was sucked down. I would regularly go to the kitchen to "top it off" thinking that I was getting away with something, but I wasn't fooling anyone. (except myself) The alcohol on my breath and the eventual slurring of my words were a dead giveaway. So pathetic.

Asking for another 24 hours please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Cool, cloudy, and windy today. Off to Vegreville this afternoon to visit with the in-laws...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Something light and simple this morning for breakfast, got to save room for all the Ukrainian food I'll be having for supper!

Comment

6:11 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for a vegan breakfast, Cowboy! Yummy.

Enjoying a lovely family vacay. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome looking breakfast Cowboy but I couldn’t see the bacon and sausage anywhere. Hiding under the waffles maybe?

We had a nice thunderstorm last evening. There were some tree branches and limbs down at our lake this morning. Much cooler with less smoke, a nice change.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday, af!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X