No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Cooler mornings with daytime temps back to normal. You're right [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], autumn is just around the corner!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm off to Edmonton this morning for an appt with physiotherapist, get new splint, and another set of exercises. Back into the city tomorrow for my final follow-up with the surgeon and a Costco run, hearing test and evaluation on Thursday, and the farm boss called! If the rain stays away, harvest should start Friday or Saturday! I'm too darn busy to find time to drink even if I wanted to!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:47 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Coffee shop today. It was pitch dark on the drive and there was more traffic now that school has started. No sign of wildlife except for the sounds of the crickets and the American Toad I had to shoo away from the rear of the car before I could back out of the garage this morning. Sure glad I saw him!

Well, you sure have a busy week, Cowboy! Hope all goes well.

Mr. V and QW, so nice that you are so good-natured about the honey do lists!:thumbsup:

24 please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; August 21, 2018, 08:14 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

A few more inches of rain, and still muggy.
            Gutted today, headed to a funeral. The son of a colleague has committed suicide. The lad was just 18 or 19, I never met him, but worked with both his parents for years. They dropped him off at college for his first year, and they got a call four hours later that he jumped from the top of a parking garage. I just can't shake this.
            Sorry to bring everyone down.
            24 more please

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear this sad news, Mr. V.. what a tragedy for his parents, family and friends. I hope you'll reach out to your wife and loved ones for support.. of course this isn't something you can simply shake off..:hug:

Comment

""showing up and being helpful sounds like, how can i support you? looks like making eye contact while listening, and feels like love without judgement. sometimes people just need you to be there, and that's it."" -- alex elle

here's to another 24 af hours..

Comment

I'm so sorry Mr. V. Nothing harder than a young person taking their life and being left with wondering why :'(

24 more please and thank you.

Comment

So sad when such a young life is extinguished Mr V, and suicide makes it even harder to accept. Thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by this tragedy...
                    Last edited by abcowboy; August 21, 2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sad news Mr V. It’s good that you’re there for your friends.

Our grandson is on his way home after a great visit with us. He got to the local park twice, helped Granddad shop for items on the honey do list, ate lots of his favourite foods, including fresh corn on the cob, beat his Granddad in numerous games of Go Fish and not surprisingly, Memory.

Hope all went well in the city today Cowboy. I was going to say the Big Smoke instead of city but we’ve had enough smoke to last for a long time!

Just heard from Parkinson Alberta that they are very interested in offering courses and hosting meetings in our area. Great news! Mrs QW will benefit from meeting others in her situation and I’m looking forward to meeting other caregivers.

Hope everyone is staying af on this Tuesday!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great news QW Mr.V,im so sorry for the tragedy,jeez,my son's friend did the same thing at age 18,man when I was 18 I thought I had the world by the balls and could do anything,such a shame that these poor kids feel so helpless thinking of you tonight and prayers for the family
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Mr. V, so sorry. What a stunningly tragic loss.
                            Cloudy and cool here this morning. Starting to feel like fall.

24 hours please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cooler, much less humidity, sun trying to break through.
                              Thanks all for the thoughts, tough day yesterday.
                              Got a lot to do around the house today, better get busy
                              24 more please

Comment

Quick fly by this morning.

So sorry about your friend Mr. V.......suicide affects so many people. Very tragic....

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X