~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Late check-in for me, had to get some yard work in before it got too hot. 75F and a steam bath when I left the house at 7:45am. More the rest of the week.

For what it's worth, LC, I too live in an urban environment, smack-dab in the middle of a large urban area, 2.9 million in the statistical area. But I'm lucky as the area I live feels like its own small town, I can walk everywhere I need to go, excepting work. Still plenty of wildlife here, some even of the human kind, lol.

Had a drinking dream too, QW. Weird, I was drinking a gin and tonic, but I was sharing it with everyone, Never would have happened in my drinking days, would have been afraid I wouldn't get enough. Not even gonna analyze it, dreams are weird for sure.

Got lots of work this week, busy.
    24 more please

Comment

“The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” – Alan Kay

The best way to make sure the future is exactly how you want it to be is to make it that way. Invent your own future and make your own plans. Creating a future for yourself is better than finding one. It will take hard work and determination, but it will be worth it.

5:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Almost freezing here this morning, 2C (36F) but I know it's clear as there's a bright full moon out there for my early morning drive to Edmonton!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well, I'm a pretty happy camper! Hank got through his surgery with flying colors! So good in fact that he got to come home 4 hours after his surgery. He's not too happy with the haircut the vet gave him though lol

And we started harvest yesterday! First field done! Life is good! Got to get moving and head for the city, bbl, and have a great day y'all!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're up early this morning [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! You even beat dill and I to the punch!

Another hot and muggy day on tap here in N.Y., but I guess that it is late August after all. :distress:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Have a great AF day folks!

Comment

74F and a steambath this morning, Highs in the 90's today, with matching humidity.
            The squirrels have started to make their winter nests in my 100 year old oak tree in the back yard, and the acorns are falling. Yup, fall is just around the corner.
            Working late nights the next three days.
            Hank still looks happy in the photo, Cowboy. Hope he's not in pain.
            Safe travels everyone.
            24 more here please.

Comment

Yay Hank! Cowboy that pic made me chuckle poor thing,thats a new look for Hank for a bit haha,glad he did so well 5:36 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good boy, Hank! Hope everyone has a great AF day. Super busy day here today so off I go!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Hi Café Friends..

Great last two quotes, AB! Both of them right on for me.. I'm glad to hear everything is ok with Hank.. he looks happy in the picture, despite the new shave!

Thanks, Mr.V.. yeah, I actually really like my city. It's a bit like yours, it sounds like, in that every neighborhood/district is self contained. I've been living in mine for 20 years and it has become the trendiest one in the city.. so my main problem is that a very hip restaurant is right below me and the noise and smoke is at times unbearable. Otherwise, I like living here and moving is out of the question because I could never afford a new place.. and I walk 2 minutes to work.:happy2:
                  So I guess I'm not really complaining, just thinking about what I might like to change in the future. I've decided to see if I can find some custom fit ear plugs!
                  Dill, I love the sounds of the country! and even the sounds of the people walking down the street, the kids at the school next door and at the park across the street.. what I greatly dislike are the drunkards screaming at eachother at 2am, the garbage trucks and delivery trucks coming at 6am, the construction site across the street. Mostly it's ok, as long as the mosquitoes stay away! Yes, I'm originally from the states.. moved here in 1998 to marry the father of my kids, who is German. We've been divorced for 12 years, but have a very good co-parenting relationship which I'm extremely grateful for!

Hope everyone is having a nice Tuesday.. here's to 24 more af hours for all of us!

Comment

LC, thanks for giving me the background on why you are in Germany. I thought it was something like that altho I also thought perhaps it was a military placement.

Get well soon, Hankster!

I'm checking in from the coffee shop today. Anyone want some caramel classic coffee? How about French vanilla? As for me, I just like my coffee unflavored, but with cream.

I read your reflective post over in the United Nations thread, Jude. It was really nice. I am so amazed by what you have accomplished! I was wondering if your drinking was detected by others or if you were "functional" and suffering in silence. Whatever the case, I'm glad you are here. :love:

24 more please.
                    Last edited by dill; August 28, 2018, 02:55 PM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cool start to the day when we walked but for now anyway, the smoke is gone.

What a good boy Hank! Hope your recovery is swift!

Wishing everyone a great af Tuesday!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad that Hank is doing well....Once he's healed, he'll feel so much better!

Comment

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle

Our daily habits is what ultimately makes us who we are. If you do everything with excellence, you will reach excellence. If you do everything with mediocrity, you will become a mediocre person. The choice and the act is up to you.

5:25am in Alberta, pass me another 24 please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for the quote this morning [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I couldn't agree with it more. So much of what we do is a habit, and overcoming these hurdles is repetition, replacing bad habits with good ones. I read somewhere that it takes 30 days to change what ever it is that you're trying to overcome. I guess that's why so many rehab programs last for a month, with follow up of course. For myself 30 days is a good start, but to remain sober takes a lot of work, and is a conscious act of being aware. We are all so fragile in our quit, (at least I am) so strong one day, weak as a kitten the next. All it takes is one drink to spiral down to that dark place where so many of us dwelled before seeing the light, and giving up the booze. A lot of what keeps me sober these days is a healthy fear of the life that I was living (or not living) due to being a prisoner of alcohol. I read in the paper this morning that the N.Y. state fair is now selling boozy ice cream. Great example for the kids.... where will it end.

Hot and muggy today with a high of 91 degrees.....feel sorry for all of those who have to work outside in this, and grateful that I'm not one of them!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

It's getting a bit back to normal in our house lol. I still have a couple of early appointments to go to, but otherwise Hank and I are both recovering quite well. He doesn't appear to be in any pain Mr V, no hesitation on going up and down the stairs. He does look pretty funny Pauly with his hair shaved off lol. When Bubba texted me the picture I thought it was some sort of bandage, I never thought they'd have to shave him so much lol.

Anyway, nice to have my normal routine back and looking forward to a successful harvest!

Comment

Great quote this morning, cowboy. And I agree whole-heartedly Jude that 30 days is not long enough for this particular habit!

I listened to an excellent TED talk this morning that I thought I would share here. It's only 12 minutes and it's very interesting and informative.

Making sober less shameful | Clare Pooley | TEDxNewnham - YouTube

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X