~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

76F and steamy again this morning. It was still 80 F when I got off work last night after midnight, must not have gotten much cooler overnight.
    I do work in this outside Jude, but thankfully not in the full sun yesterday! I wasn't even sweating, lol. Hot days were miserable with a hangover!

24 more please!

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote! Hope you all have a good day.

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Loved the quote, AB..
          Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!
          Late check in for me so off to bed.. till tomorrow.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cool and cloudy today, a nice change from the heat and smoke.

I know we’re not supposed to discuss politics here however I read this today and thought it appropriate, given the events going on in the world. Politicians, like diapers, should be changed regularly and usually for the same reasons!

Hope everyone enjoyed a great af Wednesday!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We had some pretty good T-storms last night giving us some much needed relief from the heat and humidity. Quiet on the back porch this am with the late summer insects being the solo performer in nature's symphony.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” – Denis Waitley

You can either accept your current conditions, or realize that you are the only person who is able to fix them. These choices decide if you are satisfied with your current situation or want more out of life. The decision is ultimately up to you.

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

We had thunderstorms last night as well Jude, probably enough rain to stop harvest for today anyway.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cloudy, damp and cool this morning, a small one or two day reprieve from the heat.
                  Dang, something dead under the deck, can't seem to find it, but sure can smell it, ugh.
                  Not much sleep, got in from work at 1:30 am, awake at 7am. Back to work this afternoon.
                  24 more please

Comment

These exercises the physio guy gave me this week are definitely pushing my limits. All along, I'm supposed to push these things up to the point of being painful, then hold it for 5 seconds. He told me mild pain is good, burning sensations are not good. I told him he was a sadist, he said no pain, no gain lol. Something simple as making a fist is difficult and I keep at it through the pain because I want my fingers and hand back to normal.

So why didn't I do that with my quitting drinking, why didn't I have that same determination? And there was nothing physically painful about quitting, yet I couldn't do it day after day like I'm doing with my physical rehab. Addictions are sure a funny thing, even though we know they are bad for us, we continue to do them. Getting my fingers and hand back to normal is so important to me, but being sober wasn't. Normal is normal, no matter how we try to fool ourselves into thinking differently....
                    Last edited by abcowboy; August 30, 2018, 07:24 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:27 am in Vegas another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mr. V your political talk is just the type that both sides can agree on! I had a laugh over that one and I agree!

Good quote cowboy and as always, a thoughtful reflection. Great food for thought. Thanks a bunch!

24 more, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Heard on the news this morning we've seen the last of the 90 degree weather. Fall seems to be on the way to the PNW. Hopefully, the fires will wrap up soon. Our firefighters are spent after this summer's fire season.

Another great quote and so very true. We have the power to change but only if we chose to.

Another 24 please and thank you! G999

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looking forward to playing a round of golf tomorrow with my son and grandson. Mrs QW will chauffeur me around the course. Considering I haven’t swung a club in 2 years, this should be interesting!

Our middle son, chef de cuisine at a fancy restaurant, turns 36 today. I like to tell folks he’s a real chick magnet because he’s tall dark and handsome like his dad plus he can cook!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Thursday!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote, AB! Thank you.
                              Happy 36th to the chick magnet, QW, and good luck with golf!
                              It has definitely cooled down here, too! I may even need to put on a sweater for the 2 minute walk to work this morning..
                              Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

Cooler here too. It's 64 degrees out on the deck this morning and it feels great! Going up to 84 tho. We're having our hay mowed and baled these next few days so it should be good weather for that.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; August 31, 2018, 06:42 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X