Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Anniversary, Cowboy!

Late check in because we had two of our gkids over night so their parents could have a date night. Only way to fully enjoy kids, is sober! That's for sure.

Off to help my little sis move. Long day. I'm too old for this

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Golf with my son and grandson was great!! My game was what I expected it to be after a 2 year absence but how often do I get to spend time with two of my favourite young men? Our granddaughter also came which meant Mrs QW spent the afternoon with her. Both were tired when we got back to the house!

Thanks for the kind thoughts on the passing of my buddy. Stan met my Dad in 1947 and both families were close from then on. I won’t be able to attend the funeral because of distance but Stan knew how much he meant to us. He always exhibited a positive attitude no matter what and I’m sure that contributed to his longevity.

Happy Anniversay Cowboy! We celebrated 44 years in July. I used to tell people that I got married when I was 6 - had to - but even I can’t believe that one any more!

Hope everyone has a great af Saturday!!!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Anniversary, AB! Have a nice celebration..

Comment

Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
          ~Mahatma Gandhi

Another lovely, cool night and peaceful morning. What a gift and I'm so glad not to be hungover! Hay making was interrupted yesterday by a huge downpour. How did things go up your way Cowboy? Oh, and happy anniversary. Did you and Bubba get to celebrate?

You sure did get married young, QW!

My granddaughter is here with us thru tomorrow. At 7 she still loves to come and stay with us. Her older brother tho, he is hit or miss now at age 12. His friends and other activities are beginning to crowd us out. We'll see him tomorrow tho for a while tho.

24 more please and thank you.
          Last edited by dill; September 2, 2018, 05:52 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy anniversary Cowboy!

Asking for another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Darn cool this morning, but sunny, so not sure what the plan for today is...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes y'all! Didn't have to go combining, so Bubba and I got to go out for a lovely supper just the two of us. You know you have the right partner when you can go out and still enjoy each other's company one on one after all the years of being together...anyway, it's time for breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning all! Was a busy but successful day yesterday. Lots accomplished. I love that.

Great quote to start the day. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Clear and warm, high about 90 all week.
                      More rain yesterday here, too. Po-up storms from the heat and humidity.
                      24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have 2 sets of company coming in the next week and it’s sressing out Mrs QW in spite of my reassurances that everything will be fine. We plan to watch horse show jumping at Spruce Meadows and head out into the Rockies while our guests are here. Looking forward to it!

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Sunday!

Thanks for a yummy brekkie Cowboy!!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hey QW....Can I come and watch horse show jumping with you guys? One of my favorite sports!:hugesmile:

Comment

The most luxurious possession, the richest treasure anybody has, is his personal dignity.
                            ~Jackie Robinson

It's hard to hang on to your dignity when drinking too much. In fact, even if you're a moderate drinker you're not at your most dignified! LOL! But, seriously, there is nothing dignified about the way I drank. I guess that's why I isolated myself when I drank. I thought I could preserve my dignity. Thing is, dignity is not just a public persona. It's a private one as well. I lost my dignity in my own eyes, if not the world's.

I can't believe we had our AC on all night on the 3rd of September! And we are to be in the 90's thru Wednesday! Ugh!

I am like Mrs. QW about having guests. It stresses me out. I am usually glad if I make myself get over that hump and just "let go". I hope she can manage too! I'm sure it will be a fun visit.

We were up a bit late last night because we went out to the fire works our town holds on Labor Day weekend. They were wonderful and it was worth the effort but somehow I woke up this morning feeling hung over. So pleased that I am just over tired!

24 more for me and all my friends here, please.
                            Last edited by dill; September 3, 2018, 05:57 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! While I was drinking, I didn't even know the meaning of the word dignity....wasn't in my dictionary!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Clear and still hot, 90's
                                Glad the pool's still open! I'll be there all week, lol!
                                Interesting quote, Dill, and oh so true.
                                Holiday here, grill out, pool. lol
                                24 more please!

Comment

Working...
                                X