Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was a beautiful day at Spruce Meadows watching the horse jumping competitions. I think Mrs QW and I will be back for this event next year. It was a long day though and I’m beyond bagged!

It’s been 2 years since we were last together with our company and we used to drink a lot. Not this time for me and everyone seems fine with that.

Hope everyone had a great af Thursday!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough.
      ~Helen Keller

It's a damp morning with rain forecast yet again for today. No mowing today. Cowboy, I just remembered that you asked if we get one or two cuttings. We get two. Usually our second one is done by now!

Another day for us please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; September 7, 2018, 05:04 AM.
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Much cooler and less humid this morning! Most of the farmers around here are chopping corn....another sign of Fall. Good quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....very simple but so true!

Hope that everyone has a great AF Friday!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Nice out this morning, 12C (56F) a light wind blowing, perfect harvest weather if the barley is ready to go.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:31 am in Vegas another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I totally agree with Helen Keller [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And it pertains to all areas of life, not just quitting drinking! Can you imagine what the world would be like if we stopped trying anything after the first failure, we'd still be living in the dark ages with a lifespan of about 35 years!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Warm and muggy, more rain
                We've had 3.5 inches of rain in the last week, wish I could send some your way, Ginger. 3-4 inches more coming over the weekend. The reason I keep bringing it up, is because it's so abnormal, average rainfall for Sept. is 1/2 inch. We've had just shy of 47 inches of rain this year, and we've still got 3 1/2 months to go. For comparison, average yearly rainfall in Seattle is 37.5 inches. Unbeknownst to many, is we usually average more rain here than Seattle anyway, we just get it in 15 fewer days.
                But it will finally start cooling down.
                24 more please

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

As I mentioned last evening, Spruce Meadows was amazing. I’ve watched show jumping on TV a few times but seeing it in person was just amazing. A young rider from Portugal had a fault free round and was in first place. After her ride, she and her horse rode in front of the grandstand and she acknowledged the support of the crowd. You could tell how close she was to her horse from the way she leaned forward and spoke to him while she patted his neck. None of the other riders showed the same affection for their rides.

More company arriving shortly and more tomorrow! We hardly have any company all year and then everyone comes at once!!

Hope everyone enjoys a great af Friday.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi All! Crazy morning here. One of the gkids was sick this morning so he stayed home with us. He's feeling better now, thankfully.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
                      ~Arthur Ashe

And never give up!

It's really coming down out there! Mr. V this is the wettest September I have ever seen. :exclaim:

24 more please for all of us.
                      Last edited by dill; September 8, 2018, 05:25 AM.
                      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

A little chilly on the back porch this morning. I heard a fox barking and unfortunately, so did the dog's! I'm sure that the neighbors appreciated that at 5:00 am!
                        [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]...glad that you enjoyed the horse show jumping, and the horse and rider from Portugal just goes to show you what team work can do! It sounds as though the rider and horse had a great relationship. Would have loved to have witnessed that!

Mr. V, I sure hope that you don't get the same amount of snow this winter as you've had rain! :eek-new:

Hope that everyone is doing well on this unhung Saturday morning.

Here's to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Still raining, but cooler. Probably an other inch overnight, have not gotten the official reading. The heavy stuff still to come.
                          It's gonna be days before you can get you hay in Dill. I t looks now like you'll be getting more rain than us. What a difference a few miles makes.
                          Day off, trying to keep the basement dry, lol!
                          QW, we live just north of the famous Bluegrass region of Kentucky, horse capitol of the world. It's amazing to see the love and dedication folks have for their animals. Lived and worked around there for 10 years or so, it's beautiful.
                          24 more please

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Looks like another beautiful harvest day ahead, clear and warm this morning...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Not much time this morning to post much else, started the long hours of harvest yesterday, went till midnight. But I'll still be here each morning with a few words lol.

Thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] sent me quotes to use next week, so I have to check in each morning!

That's a crazy amount of rain Mr V! I don't think we got 12" of rain all yearW

Comment

6:22 am in Cali another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X