X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Still raining, just not as hard, only 1/2 inch yesterday. Wet day at work
    This from out local amateur meteorologist, who lives two blocks away:
    10.30 inches in the last 10 days (since Friday, August 31st)
    11.70 inches in the last 12 days (since Wednesday, August 29th)
    27.86% of average annual rainfall in 3.29% of the year.
    Need some of that desert dry air, lol!
    24 more please

Comment

"It is the size of one's will which determines success." - Author Unknown

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've been so darn busy with harvest, early mornings and late nights that I totally missed this event on the 7th, sorry Pauly!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24 please ugh kinda depressingo to be back to the old grindstone but bills hafta be paid,have a great day allX-post Cowboy,thank you! I'm not crazy about this age,the number sounds unreal when I say it out loud but at least I'm here and generally happy,just wondering where time flies off to haha!
          Last edited by paulywogg; September 10, 2018, 07:42 AM.
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I missed your birthday, too, Pauly! With what you said, I'm so curious as to how old you are?!
            I know I'm always surprised that my age in numbers doesn't at all correlate to how I feel.. but when I look in the mirror, there it is! haha.
            Hope you had a nice celebration.. and as you said, we are all here and alive and have overcome a fuck of a lot. So there, right?xx

Comment

This was the last pass on this field as the clouds moved in, by the time we got finished, it was raining. So we just drove all the equipment back to the yard and shut down. No rain this morning yet, but the forecast isn’t good, they are calling for snow Wednesday night!

That’s a crazy amount of rain Mr V, just need to spread it across the country lol.

My arm is healing up quite nicely [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I have another physio appt in the city early tomorrow morning, hoping it will be the second last one! I still have a lot of trouble making a fist first thing in the morning, but after a couple of hours the stiffness is gone and things are more back to normal. They tell me it will probably take till Christmas before things are back as good as it will get. Hank goes in today to have the staples removed from his incision, hopefully he gets a good bill of health from the vet. It’s amazing how he’s changed since getting his thyroid condition under control and the lipoma removed, he thinks he’s 3 years old again! Lol

I best get showered up, used electric heaters last night, so now I’ve got to figure out how to take the camper furnace out then figure out what’s wrong with it. Big waves to everyone!

Comment

Late start for the gkids this morning so crazy morning. Just squeezing in a "Hi" and another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good quote today [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I think it's so true with every undertaking; The will and desire is the key.

Miss Pauley, Happy belated Birthday! I know how you feel about the number feeling unreal. Where does the time go!

It looks like the rain is finally going to stop today! But OMG, then comes Florence heading straight for Ohio! It makes landfall on Thursday in the Carolinas and makes its way here some time next week.

Thanks for the weather report Mr. V. I was wondering about the totals. It's so frustrating. I don't know if we'll ever be able to finish the hay!

Another 24 please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; September 10, 2018, 09:19 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I tried to message you but your mailbox is full. I've connected with several people here through Facebook. I was going to offer that option so you could see our travels. With any of you if you have FB for that matter. Just send me a message and we can connect.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ever great to see the mountains again! The scenery was gorgeous and while we didn’t see a lot of wildlife, what we did see was spectacular. I’d forgotten how majestic bull elk are.

Pauly, age is a number on my drivers license. I’ve seen people in their 30’s who act 70 and people in their 90’s who act like they’re 30!

Mr V, that’s a ton of rain. Glad we’re not getting the equivalent in snow!

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The rain has let up for now, but not so for the people who live in the South East. I can't imagine what it's like to have to evacuate one's home in the face of an impending hurricane.
                        I'll take a ton of snow over that any day!

Cowboy, so glad that your arm is healing well and that Hank is doing fine after his surgery. :happy2:

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....your trip to the mountains sounds awesome. Would love to see some pics! [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] wrote in her last post that she would be happy to connect through Facebook with any of us here. I think that's a great idea, and would like to extend that invitation to all of you as well. It would be great to see pics and here about all of your adventures, so just send me a PM if you would like to do so!

Hope that everyone is doing well this morning!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

No rain here for today but still the clouds. I am keeping faith that the sun is still up there somewhere.... Maybe tomorrow.

Cowboy, I hear you on what a difference the thyroid medication did for Hank. We had the same experience with Tessa. It was like she drank from the fountain of youth. So nice to see them feeling good and energetic, isn't it? She lost a lot of weight too and is trim as well as fit!

I am not an active Facebook user so it would be no benefit to get my Facebook info. But, if I ever do become active with it, I will contact you all with my info.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"Embrace and love all of yourself - past, present, and future. Forgive yourself quickly and as often as necessary. Encourage yourself. Tell yourself good things about yourself." Melody Beattie

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Quick check in then off to the bright lights! Cloudy and cool still...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:36 am in Vegas another 24 please QW,i just turned 45!And act/feel 80 haha Ginger I think we used to be 'friends' on fb but I don't see you there,have a great AF day all
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I see you on my friend list twice, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!

Another crazy gkids morning! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X