Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Back home from a quick trip through the mountains and am very tired. Yesterday the weather cooperated, not so much today as we had fog in the early morning then rain and thunderstorms this afternoon. I promised our company some good Alberta beef and the rain held off until I finished barbecuing.

Hope everyone had a great af Tuesday and enjoys more of the same tomorrow!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Temps are supposed to be in the upper 70's today with sunshine....I'll take it! The apple harvest is well underway, so maybe I'll go out and pick a few today. Nothing like a homemade apple pie! Mmmm....

Have a great AF day everyone.... another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Hoping for some sun here today. They say it will be partly sunny and mid 70's. Yesterday the sun appeared briefly while I was driving home from the coffee shop. It didn't even last a minute! But long enough to see that the sun is indeed still shining up there! :happy2: [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] where will you pick apples? Do you have an apple tree? We do but ours didn't bear fruit this year.

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I was thinking about your quote from yesterday [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] about forgiving yourself and saying positive things to yourself and I think it is very good advice. But I thought shouldn't there be some component in that quote of making amends or making changes. I mean, if you do something wrong and just forgive yourself there's no guarantee you won't just keep doing the same in the future and tell yourself you're ok? That kind of thinking kept me drinking for many years. I don't know if I'm expressing my thoughts very clearly on this one. I hope you all can figure out what I'm trying to say!
          Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cool and cloudy, should see a little sun later today. No rain, yea!
            Happy birthday Pauly!
            Thanks for the harvest photo, Cowboy.
            Tried to check-in yesterday, but the site was funky. I could sign on, but not navigate. Might have been my internet.
            Huge Congratulations to our lovely Miss Jude
            Have some cake everyone!
            24 more please
            Last edited by Mr Vervill; September 12, 2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] we have a few apple trees on our property, but I don't usually eat them as they are pretty sour. NY is the second largest apple producing state, (Washington is #1) so I have many orchards to choose from. Honey Crisps are my favorite apple and they should be ready to be picked in about a week. One of my favorite orchards is Beak & Skiff, which just happens to be on my way to work.:rapture:

Comment

“You are not your past. You are the warrior that rose above it to become the example of someone who didn't just survive, but thrived in creating the most beautiful last chapter of their life.” - Shannon L. Alder

Pouring rain this morning, harvest will be on hold for a while so I can get back to some plumbing work that's been waiting for me lol

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for bringing the celebration cake Mr V! It sounds like a few people had trouble with MWO yesterday.

on your 1 year of sobriety Jude!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I hear what you're saying about forgiving yourself [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I used to think the same way about asking God for forgiveness, if He will always forgive me, then it's okay to keep doing what I'm doing as long as I keep asking for forgiveness. But real forgiveness comes with making every effort to not continue doing what you were doing, otherwise you're just making another excuse to continue doing what you were doing. Now that sounds confusing lol.

Comment

Awww....thanks so much Mr.V and Cowboy! Hard to believe that it's been a year already!

Comment

Congratulations Jude!!! one year is fabulous! Now you got me thinking of apple pie to go along with QW's bbq Alberta beef Dill,i get exactly what you mean about forgiveness,it also goes along with not beating yourself up for a slip,you hafta beat yourself up a little bit or else it becomes no big deal(in my case anyways) dang I'm tired hard to be back to reality I loved being away for the weekend! 5:44 am in Vegas another 24,,Cowboy I had troubles with the site too yesterday and some warning box came on talking about hackers or something? Can't remember what it said and it could also just be cuz I'm on my phone,have a great day all!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning! Happy anniversary, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. Watching a sick gkid suddenly this morning. Replanning my day now!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

:welldone:Congratulations Jude!:welldone:
                            Dill

Comment

Congratulations, dear Jude, on your first year of freedom anniversary! Very happy for you and I hope you'll have a nice time celebrating.
                              Here's to another 24af hours for all of us! xx

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 year anniversary. Very well done!!!

This morning we said goodbye to the 3rd set of company we’ve hosted in the past 8 days! We’re tired. And although no one was a heavy drinker, al was in the house and consumed but not by me.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Wednesday!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X