Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, CONGRATULATIONS on your 1 year anniversary. Very well done!!!

This morning we said goodbye to the 3rd set of company we’ve hosted in the past 8 days! We’re tired. And although no one was a heavy drinker, al was in the house and consumed but not by me.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Wednesday!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Quick post this am....MWO site SUPER slow this morning! Wanted to say thanks to everyone for the congrats and well wishes yesterday on my one year anniversary. :thanks:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Quick post this am....MWO site SUPER slow this morning! Wanted to say thanks to everyone for the congrats and well wishes yesterday on my one year anniversary. :thanks:

Comment

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

0C (32F) and snow is falling! Grass is white, rooftops are white, but not quite enough for this

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, the site is slower than molasses in January! But, with just a bit of patience posts post and pages turn. Good thing I got a whole lot more patience when I quit drinking. lol

You're right Pauly, last night when I tried to log in I kept getting an error message "this website has exceeded it's resource limit". Upon further investigation, it appears we are close to using up our server space. This could happen for many reasons; hackers, spammers, or we've simply just used up the amount of server space we pay for. I'm sure we'll see an explanation from the site [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] or [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] and suggestions on what we can do to help.

No thanks needed Jude, you did the hard part and deserve the congrats!
            Last edited by abcowboy; September 13, 2018, 07:10 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Loved the quote today [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I've been thinking a lot today about what makes life meaningful and worth living and I think it's finding purpose. If you have a purpose and you keep it in the forefront, you can suffer the hard times and become stronger. It's that purpose that seems to get lost when we succumb to alcohol and other addictions. Or, we become susceptible to alcohol because we have lost our purpose. Which comes first? The chicken or the egg!

Yes, the site is acting funky today!

24 more hours please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote today [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I've been thinking a lot today about what makes life meaningful and worth living and I think it's finding purpose. If you have a purpose and you keep it in the forefront, you can suffer the hard times and become stronger. It's that purpose that seems to get lost when we succumb to alcohol and other addictions. Or, perhaps we become susceptible to alcohol because we have lost our purpose. Which comes first? The chicken or the egg!

Yes, the site is acting funky today!

24 more hours please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  Last edited by paulywogg; September 13, 2018, 08:02 AM.
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I have absolutely no idea how or why that error message is happening, but our technical guru [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] should be able to explain. :egad:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Nice to be getting back into routine after our company. We have no company for almost 2 years (except kids and grandkids) and 3 sets in 10 days!

Hope everyone had a great Thursday, af of course!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Did you say snow cowboy??? Not ready to hear that word yet but I know that it's inevitable. :waaaa: It's supposed to be a balmy 82 degrees here today and thoughts of shovels are far away!
                          [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION].... it's nice to have company once in awhile, but it's also nice when they leave!

Happy Friday everyone!

Comment

“Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” Author Unknown

6:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

I figured I'd better do everything in one post this morning as it took me 45 minutes to log in and get this far!! Now that's persistence lol

Yep Jude, snow!! It's supposed to be all melted away by tonight though...
                            Last edited by abcowboy; September 14, 2018, 07:58 AM.

Comment

5:57 am in Vegas another 24 please hope this posts!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy unhung Friday everyone!

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X