~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hi everyone! I've also had problems getting on the site, getting to PM's etc-- is it my turn for quotes this week, AB? Saw I had a PM and that's usually from you, letting me know!
    Wishing everyone a nice Sunday.. hope you're feeling better, Mr. V- that must have been so scary.
    .. any you both, too, Pauly and Jude!:hug:
    Has anyone heard from Orimus lately? Or have I just missed his posts?
    Here's to another 24 af hours for us all..

edit.. just read back and saw that it is my week! Better get on it.:happy2:
    Last edited by lifechange; September 16, 2018, 02:30 AM.

Comment

""Persons who habitually drink water become just as good gourmets about water as wine drinkers on wine.""--Alexandre Dumas

"How fortunate are those among us who have the ability to turn things around - to transform liabilities into assets. Life deals them lemons: they make lemonade, lemon pie, candied lemon peel. They seem to be able to assess the needs of the moment accurately and turn them to advantage.
      We are all different. Success in life probably has more to do with expressing our uniqueness fully than with suppressing it and trying to resemble everybody else. Who is "everybody else," anyway?
      We can't respond authentically to the moment if we're concealing the truth. The truth for us involves our own unique package of qualities, our own experience and energy, our own way of looking at things. Freedom, for us, depends on the choices only we can make. The proper appreciation of water is a pleasure that demands discipline. We're totally unable to experience this pleasure if we are wishing for wine."

A long one.. from Hazelden..

For me, EVERYTHING, every single little thing is "easier" if I'm sober. Following my truth, doing what I promise myself I will do.. these things give me so much strength and security. Then it's possible to deal with life. xx

Comment

Awesome quote and reading, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Thank you. I could really relate to all of it.

Mr. V I am glad your health event was not heart related, but am sorry for the pain you must be feeling. I hope you are feeling better!

My grandkids are here this weekend. We had a great time fishing yesterday and my grandson caught 2 crappie which we made a meal of along with fried potatoes, peas and corn muffins. He didn't particularly like the fish, but he was oh so proud of having provided the meal! He is entering the teen years and is going through all the tumult associated with it. We were glad he came and spent the weekend with us. I think it was good for his soul.

Cowboy you and Bubba will be in my prayers as you face these difficult transitions.

24 more for each and everyone of us.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Still hot and humid, 89 at the house yesterday.
          Feeling better already.
          Wonderful thoughts today, LC.
          24 more here please.

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

0C (32F) this morning, a freezing rain/snow mix falling....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy I see [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] was here yesterday, but he forgot to post or couldn't lol.

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Last edited by abcowboy; September 16, 2018, 07:37 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breakfast is ready, come and get it!

Pssss….it's a vegetarian omelette Ginger lol.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:59 am in Vegas another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Having trouble reading my notifications....getting the same error message as everyone else I guess. Just thankful that I can read and post here!

Still feeling a little hung over this morning....sure brings back bad memories. :sour:

Thanks for the quote LC, another good one!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

There is/was a small information bar just below the chatbox that explains the problems we're experiencing. Here is the content for whoever missed it...

Originally posted by Site Admins
                    Our hosts are migrating a large web site away from their server which is causing issues to our site. You will experience database errors, this is irritating but not long term.

Comment

Feeling fall in the air big time this morning. Starting to feel like "hit the road" time!

Thanks for breakfast, Cowboy! LC, great quote and thoughts this AM.

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, glad you’re feeling better. That must have been scary!

Yeah Cowboy, had troubles signing in yesterday. I tried just before bed and woke up a few hours later with my iPad beside me.

Busy week ahead with lots of volunteer activities happening with Parkinson’s. Nice to see some things happening to raise the awareness of this disease. Things could be a lot worse for Mrs QW so we’re doing things we want to do before her Parkinson’s progresses to the point where she can’t enjoy them. F PD!

Hope everyone enjoys a great af Sunday!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I loved the whole quote this morning [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! To me it's all about making the best of every situation we find ourselves in, and it couldn't have come at a better time for me. We take what's been given us and make the best of it, count the positive things and don't dwell on the negative.

Y'all are so much appreciated by me, the understanding and advice that I get from all of you helps me get through my rough times and you're also here to help me enjoy the good times. That's what being a community is all about!

Comment

Morning all!

Just checking in to ask for another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

We are getting rain this morning from Florence. It's only supposed to last the day here. [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION], we did get the hay crop finished as of Friday so we're all good here.

It was a nice weekend with the grandkids but as always, it's great to send them home, too. Back to our usual pace today.

24 more hours please for me and all who seek it.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Warm with rain as the remnants of Florence move through, coming to a neighborhood near you next, Jude. Lol
                                Mrs V out of town for the next few days on biz.
                                Back to work this evening for me. Feeling good.
                                24 more for us all.

Comment

Working...
                                X