No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite the question/quote this morning [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], but I did have fun with it. The first thing that came to mind is that he (me) would ask what I was doing at home when I should be working, the next thing he (me) said is that I'd better get that dog under control, lol. But what I'm hoping he (me) says is congrats on almost 14 years of sobriety, keep doing what you're doing!

Of course this is all presuming I'd still be alive in 10 years lol.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cowboy.....snow, really???? You guys sure start early up there!
      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]....Thanks so much for the awesome quotes this week! I'm up next and it looks like I'll have some big shoes to fill!
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...Baaa Baaa. Now look what ewe started! :hahaha:

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Comment

:applouse: Good one, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I love starting my day with a smile! First day of Fall finally here and it's a nice, cool morning. Perhaps now the grass will finally stop growing for the season and we can put away the mowers until spring!

I concur with Jude, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. Thank you for a week of very fine quotes!

24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""Very little is needed to make a happy life. It is all within you in your way of thinking.""--Marcus Aurelius

Hi Café Friends! Happy Un-hung Saturday.. have the shopping done and have decided to spend the day at home, reading, sleeping, a bit of exercise, perhaps a film. Lately, one day a week with no plan, no "musts" has been just what the doctor ordered and it sets me up to tackle the week ahead.
          Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

No more snow overnight, but 60% chance of flurries in the forecast for today and tomorrow...

In the past 24 hours, these members of the flock have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

But it looks more like winter up here!

Comment

I agree with the rest [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], you really rocked it this week with the quotes! And this morning's serves to remind me that I have it in me to make my life happy or miserable, it's all up to me...

Comment

Finally cooled off a little here. Cold front moved through last night, probably what brought you snow up North. Snow, and the leaves are just starting to change by the looks of it in the photo, Cowboy.
                  Alright sheeple, it's the weekend, not a ticket to boozville.
                  24 more please

Comment

Cowboy, are they forcasting a hard winter this year? It's been so long since we've been in WA state for a winter, I forget what snow is like!

Thank you for the great, thought provoking quotes this week, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION].

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, saw a story on the news this morning about a wiener dog race at your Oktoberfest celebrations. What a hoot! The dogs wore hot dog buns costumes. I’m sure lots of al is being consumed there but those watching the race didn’t appear to have drinks in hand and they were having a great time!

I’ve been thinking about the quote regarding a visit from me 10 years in the future. I think then me would say Why the he** didn’t you quit drinking earlier!

Hope everyone has a great af Saturday!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.– Muhammad Ali

We all have the power to change within us. For me, it's all about constant vigilance, and trying to be prepared for when the AV comes rearing its ugly head!

Mr. V and QW....my memories of past Oktoberfests are pretty fuzzy. The main attraction for me was the beer tent. I'll have to try going sober one day and this time maybe I'll appreciate the music, costumes and games a little more.

This sheep only drinks from the non-alcoholic trough these days. I'm content to watch the others stagger about the pasture, too drunk to graze on the life sustaining grass which surrounds them. (Sorry, feeling a little playful this morning)

Always happy to have another 24 sober hours before me, and thank you very much!
                        Last edited by Jude58; September 23, 2018, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I loved to your 'ram'blings about life in the pasture, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Thanks for the good quote as well. Suffering in the present for the promise of a better future is what it takes to be a winner in just about everything worth doing!

I have never been to an Octoberfest. I've never been a big fan of beer, altho of course, I drank it, and lots of it. It wasn't for the taste. Altho I do recall there was something very special about that first can of beer on a hot summer day after mowing the lawn. Unfortunately it later became several beers while mowing the lawn.

I'll join you in another 24, everyone! Let's do it!

I'm hungry! Can't wait for a big breakfast, Cowboy!
                          Last edited by dill; September 23, 2018, 05:14 AM.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cool morning.
                            Flying down to Florida today to visit my Mom for her 90th birthday. Gratefully she's still sharp as a tack and active! She's got another decade or more to go.
                            She's probably had no more than 10 alcoholic drinks her whole life. My dad, on the other hand...
                            He has already passed away.
                            The Running of the wieners is a highlight for sure, QW, It happens as part of the kick-off, before the tapping of the official keg, No drinking yet.
                            24 more please

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

You asked about the winter forecast [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] for us, here's what the Farmer's Almanac has to say....sure hope they're wrong!

ANNUAL WEATHER SUMMARY: NOVEMBER 2018 TO OCTOBER 2019
                                According to the Farmers' Almanac, Canadians are in for a colder-than-normal winter, a "teeth-chattering" one, with below-average temperatures in most of the country and above-normal precipitation and snowfall. The coldest periods will occur in mid- to late December, early January, and mid- to late January, with the snowiest periods in early to mid-December, mid- and late January, late February, and mid- to late April. April and May will be cooler and rainier than normal. Summer will be drier than normal in the east and rainier in the west. Temperatures will be near normal, on average, with the hottest periods in early to mid-June, early and mid-July, and early August. September and October will be warmer and drier than normal.

The forecast predicts that for most of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and northwestern Ontario, temperatures will be far below seasonal averages during the 2018-19 winter.

Temperatures will be coldest in February 2019, "when -40 C, or even -45 C, may be possible."
                                "What we're saying for this particular winter is that it's just basically going to be very, very cold," almanac editor Peter Geiger told CTV News Channel.
                                Last edited by abcowboy; September 23, 2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X