No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breakfast is ready [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Nothing better than eating out of a cast iron frying pan!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Come'on back to the fold [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], you'll get no lectures from me...you know what needs to be done so let's git'er done!

You're right [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], seems wrong to have snow everywhere when the leaves are still on the trees and still green to boot! Back when I was drinking I didn't think I'd live to be 65, but now I hope to be like your mom! Safe travels and enjoy your visit with her and the rest of the family!

You been watching any of the pre-season NHL [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]? Bubba hates this time of year, golf, CFL, NHL, and baseball are overlapping on the TV so the remote control is getting a workout lol. I'll probably just catch the final holes of the Tour Championship today as we're headed back over to Veg as it's the mil's 79th birthday today.

I had to laugh [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you mean I wasn't the only one with a beer cooler between my feet on the riding lawnmower lol!
      Last edited by abcowboy; September 23, 2018, 08:38 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Brrrrr, Cowboy. I'd sure struggle with that weather. I've become quite the weather pansy since becoming a snowbird. I'd bet 50 percent of the people we meet down south are from Canada. This weather forecast explains why!! Thanks for breakfast. I'll pick around the meat and give to my pup!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Funny that you picked that quote today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I was just thinking those same thoughts yesterday! Every professional athlete trains between competitions, why?, to make sure they stay on top of their game. And that's what MWO is to me, my daily training! I come and train here everyday to make sure I stay on top of my sobriety! And the people who don't think they need to stay on top of their sobriety are just pulling the wool over their eyes!

Comment

Awesome quote, Jude!! So true, so true.. Loved the ramblings, too.. I'm with you, eating the luscious, green grass. Reminds me that while I was drinking, I didn't give a you-know-what about eating healthily. I'd buy the lovely veggies from the market and then throw them into the compost bin a week later. No more! Now I've got a wonderful rotation going on in my fridge!

Speaking of, thanks for the yummy brekkie, AB!
            Safe travels and a nice celebration, Mr. V!

Hi and hugs to everyone else! Happy to be in the middle of another 24 af hours..xx

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, safe travels to Florida. How special you can be there to celebrate your Mom’s 90th Birthday! My folks used to winter in Florida and my siblings and I surprised our Mom on her 80th birthday. Things like this make for wonderful memories plus, imho, teach valuable lessons to our kids on the value of family. Have a great time!
              [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I always have fully charged batteries ready for the TV remote this time of year. Hockey is my favourite spectator sport. I actually have 3 favourite NHL teams - the Montreal Canadiens and whoever is playing Toronto and Boston.
              I hope the Farmers Almanac is wrong Cowboy. I remember calling a buddy of mine who used to work for Environment Canada and told him
              I’d just shovelled 8 inches of partly cloudy from my driveway. When the howling stopped, I asked if they ever looked out the window. Apparently not!

Hope everyone enjoys a great af Sunday.

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; September 23, 2018, 10:53 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne

Although a part of me believes that living in the moment is most important, I understand the value of this quote. "Tomorrow" is a clean slate....a chance to change and live a sober life, not one that shears our dignity. (LC look what you've started!)

When I stepped out on the back porch this chilly morning, I saw the nearly full moon hovering above the tree line. I was so grateful to witness that, and just when I thought that it couldn't get any better, the coyotes started to howl.....

Hope that everyone is doing well on this Monday morning!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

I love the quote this morning [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I couldn't agree with you more. While the moment is the only time we have for action, it is that action that builds our tomorrows. We have to have an aim and we only have an aim if we have a future to aim for. Our aim is a sober future and a sober life. That guides our choices in the present. We have to keep in mind the ramifications of our choices in each given moment. (Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself! )

Happy birthday to your mom, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Have a good trip!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], those eggs yesterday were really good! Yep, cast iron is the way to go.

Shout out to LC, Pauly, QW, Ginger and all readers. Happy af Monday to each and every one! 24 for all, please.
                  Last edited by dill; September 24, 2018, 07:43 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

-1C (30F) this morning, hoping the full moon brings a change in the weather!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; September 24, 2018, 07:08 AM.

Comment

John Wayne is da man [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! And I know exactly what he'd say if he was reading our thread; "What's with the sheep, this is cattle country!" lol

I've got to say, between the 8" of partly cloudy and the sheep innuendos, I get to start the day laughing! Y'all are such a great gang!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; September 24, 2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Great quote to start the week! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looking forward to having lunch with our son the chef today. He’s been extremely busy, so busy that we haven’t seen him in over a month. As we usually do, a care package will be delivered. Any others in the group do that too? I buy extra goods when they’re on sale just for care packages. I put up some shelves in the laundry room to accommodate these purchases and they are currently full so it’ll be good to make room for more stuff!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sounds good QDubbya.

06:25 hrs tuesday in Oz. 14C some cloud, sunny patches forecast today. Give me another 24 please universe.
                            Last edited by Guitarista; September 24, 2018, 03:25 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
                              I couldn't agree with you more. While the moment is the only time we have for action, it is that action that builds our tomorrows. We have to have an aim and we only have an aim if we have a future to aim for. Our aim is a sober future and a sober life. That guides our choices in the present. We have to keep in mind the ramifications of our choices in each given moment. (Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself! )
                              I love these words Dill. So simple, but a powerful way to approach the moment and life. Thanks.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

[MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION].....good to see you at the cafe! You should stop by more often, cowboy cooks up an awesome breakfast on Sunday mornings!!

Comment

Working...
                                X