Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just got fitted for orthotics, can’t wait to have them and hope they will eliminate knee, hip and lower back pain. In the meantime, I’ll just suffer in silence like I always do. Just don’t anyone ask Mrs QW about that suffering in silence thing, OK?

Dill, I’m pretty sure we’ve all been in your position. Don’t be hard on yourself. And you’re right back where you get unconditional support from your MWO friends. Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday, af.

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; September 26, 2018, 01:24 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill. Good work pulling yourself up and gittin back on the horse. :hug:

I like how you say you won't become the lost sheep like u once were. Me either. Even though i have returned to small bouts of drinking now and then the last few years, my mental state/outlook and self regard has really improved. I know this when i examine my thinking. My overriding feelings and attitude is one of hope, optimism and to live sober. So i keep returning and getting back on the AF horse. Maybe your recent sober time has instilled a similar attitude subconciously. Keep chipping away good buddy.

Another 24 please umpire!

Big waves to all.
      Last edited by Guitarista; September 26, 2018, 05:25 PM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Thank you all for your encouragement and your thoughts. I'm feeling lots better today on day 2 and once again am amazed at just how much of a depressant alcohol is. I can't wait to get some distance from it!
        Originally posted by @Guitarista
        My overriding feelings and attitude is one of hope, optimism and to live sober. So i keep returning and getting back on the AF horse. Maybe your recent sober time has instilled a similar attitude subconciously.
        That sums it up for me too, Mr. G. It's baffling how this thing can sneak up on you when you let your guard down. But I do feel optimism and hope when I am living sober. Yesterday was really a low point for me. [MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]oboy, it's never too late to plant that tree! I loved your analogy and imagery. But at my age, it better be a fast growing tree if I'm ever to enjoy the result! No oaks for this gal!
        Originally posted by abcowboy
        You never give up and that shows that you want to quit, maybe just a little boost is all you need to get you back on trackĂ‚…
        I like to look at it this way: I have quit, I just haven't quite nailed down some of the fine points! You are right that I still need something, some boost, to keep me on track in the future.
        Originally posted by Lifechange
        If you feel like sharing, what were the circumstances that led to a drink? You will learn from this and it will help you next time.
        There's the rub, LC. There were no major circumstances really. I was just out at the grocery and it just was so easy to pop down that wine aisle. It seemed so innocent at that point and surely, I thought, I will be in control this time! But also, in retrospect, I know that I have had some heavy worries that resurfaced this week as a result of an unpleasant interaction with one of my son's former in-laws. There's been a lot of struggle and heartbreak over the past years and my ex DIL is still lost to addiction, therefore unable to be in her children's lives in a significant or positive way. It really hurts my heart to see the grandchildren dealing with abandonment. So those are the things that I need to find better ways to deal with. We all have burdens in our lives that we need to deal with as best we can.

24 more, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; September 27, 2018, 04:52 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

" I would rather go through life sober, believing I am an alcoholic, than go through life drunk, trying to convince myself that I am not." ~Anonymous

I'm so sorry for your troubles right now [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. As Cowboy mentioned, maybe some one on one counseling is what you need to close the door forever on this love/hate relationship with alcohol. As others have said, it's Huge that you keep trying again, even after that damn horse keeps dumping you on the ground. Don't give up my friend!:huggers:

I know how fragile we can be at times in our quit, so humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:50am this morning, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Running a bit late this morning, didn't get to bed till 2am after 16 hours in the combine. It's clear and cool out so I imagine we'll be making dust by 10 this morning, should finish up the malt barley today.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. We have had similar issues with our x-DIL. Such a sad thing for the littles. It makes one worry about the lasting impact on them.

Great quote today. So very true!

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Local farmers won’t be combining here today Cowboy. The rain we needed over the summer arrived this morning.

Great quote today Jude!

Hope everyone enjoys their Thursday af!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

07:30 hrs on a friday morning in Oz. Another 24 please umpire.

Great quote Jude.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

You’ve come up with some fantastic quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], keep up with the great words of wisdom!

Please keep the rain down there [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], we’ve had enough downtime from harvest already!

That’s some visit [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] is having, Hope it’s an enjoyable one...

Yes for sure [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you should be proud of all the AF days you’ve had this year, no one can take them away from you! Now, just to find a better method of dealing with those extenuating circumstances and you’ll be well on your way to a quit that sticks!!

Best get my head on a pillow, morning comes early these days...
                    Last edited by abcowboy; September 28, 2018, 01:22 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

" Recovery didn’t open the gates of heaven and let me in. Recovery opened the gates of hell and let me out!" ~ anonymous

Rainy and cool on the back porch today, and I think that my days of sitting out there are numbered.

Your putting in some mighty long hours there [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! I was just feeling sorry for myself because I have to work a 12 hour shift today, but I think that you have me beat!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Have a good AF Friday all!

Comment

" Recovery didn’t open the gates of heaven and let me in. Recovery opened the gates of hell and let me out!" ~ anonymous

Rainy and cool on the back porch today, and I think that my days of sitting out there are numbered.

Your putting in some mighty long hours there [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! I was just feeling sorry for myself because I have to work a 12 hour shift today, but I think that you have me beat!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Have a good AF Friday all!

Comment

5:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Cold and clear this morning, a great day for harvest me thinks!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I totally agree with this morning's quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Except recovery didn't open the gates of heaven for me, it was the other way around, the gates of heaven opened and showed me sobriety is possible! It's so good to get let out of that prison we call alcohell, but it comes with lifetime parole!

We have a pretty lenient umpire here [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION], you're never out after 3 strikes, you get as many as you need to hit it out of the park!

Comment

Loved today's quote, Jude! I'm going to get that to my ex-DIL. She doesn't respond to me when I text her anymore which I do only very rarely. I try to let her know she is not forgotten and doesn't have to be alone. But, anyway, I will put it in a note to her and pass it thru via my granddaughter who is going to have a supervised visit this weekend.

24 please and thankyou.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm baaaack. Cool and froggy this morning.
                                Need to have a proper read back.
                                Good visit with Mom and the family. No internet or privacy, so no check in.
                                Plenty of drinking options the past week, but I did not partake.
                                Did I see a G-man sighting?
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X