~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yep [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]......I seem to be back on track and feeling strong again. Good luck hunting!

Comment

QW, great news about Mrs. QW's meds. Jude, glad things are looking brighter. Enjoy your time with your boy, ABC.

Hope everyone has a great AF Friday.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Coffee shop for me this morning as I swapped with a friend/volunteer who had a family event for this weekend. The drive was difficult with fog as thick as pea soup. I kept looking for wildlife but never saw any. Thing is, I know they were there, just hidden by the fog. Thankfully none ran in front of me!
        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I agree with you both 100%. Bottom line is we can't drink like "normal" people. We are special!

I just finished a longer post but it got lost in the ether. So I guess I'll just ask for my 24 and try again tomorrow!
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Apparently today is the last of the nice weather for a while. Snow is expected all weekend but hopefully not as much as you have Jude!

I was pleased to learn today that our lobbying to have Parkinson programming offered here has been successful! Looking forward to participating starting in February.

Cowboy, hope you and Adam had a great day together. Look forward to learning the final wildlife/hunter count!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Friday af!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; November 30, 2018, 08:36 PM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

""what are you trying to achieve by doing that thing you don't want to do?""--off.the.rocks

A reminder to me to really think about the things I'm doing.. especially those things I don't want to do but for some reason think I should. Sometimes those "shoulds" are important, I guess.. going to a school concert, or to an event which supports a friend or loved one (though it's also ok to say no to those, I've learned!).. but the work Christmas party? That's the one thing I have in mind now, that I really don't want to do!
            Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us..
            QW, great news with the successful lobbying!

Comment

Liked the quote today LC..... During my recent detour from sobriety, that was the million dollar question. Why was I doing this when deep down inside I really didn't want to be drinking? As far as the dreaded work Christmas parties???? I used to feel obligated to go, but I usually just got blasted so that I could deal with it. One year, I fell into the Christmas tree and busted up some of the presents. (one of which was for my boss) Not one of my finest moments, but I can laugh about it now. :hahaha: These days, I just politely decline those Christmas party invitations without guilt. Christmas trees everywhere are thanking me...:yikes1:

Any luck hunting yesterday cowboy??

Asking for another 24please and thank you very much!

Comment

There are many things we have to do that we don't necessarily want to do, that's for sure. In fact right at the moment I am dreading having to go Christmas shopping! I hate shopping and always have. So, it is important to analyze each one of those things, especially if our reticence is particularly strong, to see if it is something we can let go of, should let go of, or must do like it or not... If it's something we must do, then we need to build in the supports to see us thru with grace. I like your reminder to think of these things in terms of "what You are trying to achieve" in doing those things. There are many factors that go into our actions and we need to bring our awareness to them. Thanks for yet another good quote, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION].

Jude, let me know if you plan to stop by here over Christmas so I can put my tree protectors up! LOL! It sounds like you are way worse on a tree than the average house cat!

QW, that is awesome that your lobbying brought about a positive outcome for you, your wife and many, many other Parkinson sufferers!

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Lots of snow in the forecast for the whole weekend, but decent temps so it won't be too bad when I have to shovel lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

QW, that's great news about your lobbying efforts! LC, I agree with Jude. Office Christmas party are ok to say "no" to. Hope everyone has a great AF weekend.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m making nuts n bolts today for the kids and grandkids. Our granddaughter has a peanut allergy so the ones that go to her house have Smarties instead of nuts. The house smells great!

Winter did return overnight but not too severe thankfully. Just enough to justify escaping to Mexico next month! So nice to say our trip is next month!

Hope everyone enjoys Saturday af!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Mmmm! QW you have my mouth watering thinking about the Nuts and Bolts. It's one of my favorites and homemade is a hundred times better than store bought mixes! Lucky kids and grandkids!
                        Dill

Comment

Thanks for all the great quotes this week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Today’s suited me just fine, it’s my new attitude, Things I don’t want to do, I don’t, and even some things that I should do, I don’t. Let it go, and don’t look back…

Great to hear all your efforts paid off [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I’m sure this is just the beginning of a great thing for those who suffer from Parkinson’s and their caregivers! And I was right with my guess, wildlife – 10, hunters – 1. Adam did get a respectable mule deer buck, and I had a few chances at white tail bucks, but let them pass to grow a bit for next year lol. But there will be a sausage and jerky making day in January to process Adam’s buck.

Hank and I have been batching it since I got home last night. Bubba is over in Vegreville again, not sure exactly when she’s coming home, depends on the weather I guess. So us boys are on our own for a few days lol. From the looks of the forecast, we’ll be spending some time shovelling snow lol.

The 28th was the 8th anniversary of my older brothers passing, and it was 6 years ago today that my mom went to reunite with dad and my 2 brothers. I know all four of them are looking down and smiling, proud of what I’ve accomplished. Memories of those who have left us will keep them alive in our hearts forever!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sunday morning here, cool and grey.. 1st Advent, which is huge here.. the beginning of the Christmas market season, too..
                            I hope you all have a relaxing day planned.. Here's to 24 af hours for all of us!xx

Comment

Sunny, clear, warm and windy.
                              Orf to work.
                              24 more please.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Lots of snow, and still snowing! Loos like Hank and I will have at least a double, if not triple shovel day lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X