~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hope you got time for breakfast Mr V, I made lots!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Pancakes! My favorite. Snowing in the high country a couple hundred miles from here. May drive up to just remember what it llooks like!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

“Then it hits me. I’m actually kneeling before a toilet. The throne, as other drunks call it. How many drunken nights and slungover mornings did I worship at this altar, emptying myself of poison. And yet to pray to something above me, something invisible, had—before now—seemed degrading.” Mary Karr

Mary Karr is one of my favorite authors. To anyone that hasn't done so, I would highly recommend one of her books called L.I.T. It's a memoir of her struggles with alcohol and drugs.....very gritty writing, and it really hit home with me.

Great breakfast cowboy! Looks as though it's your turn to get some snow! With 50 degrees and some rain, looks as though a lot of ours will be melting!
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....your Christmas tree should be safe, I haven't fallen into one in years!

Humbly asking for another sober day, and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, don’t drive for 2 hours just to see snow! Your northern friends would be happy to send you some of ours! I shovelled about 10cms or 4” of snow this morning. Just think, with a bit of assembly, you could even have your very own real snowman!!

My second batch of nuts n bolts has just gone in the oven. Mrs QW approved of yesterday’s nutless variety, hope our granddaughter likes them! As I often do, I bought way too much stuff so I might just have to make a 3rd batch. Gotta hate when that happens!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday, af of course.

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; December 2, 2018, 12:50 PM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW if you want to bring some into the café tomorrow I'm sure we would all help you with the excess.....

Thank you for a week of good quotes, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]!

And thank you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] for today's. Ah yes! The porcelain throne. I've knelt there many a morning I'm ashamed to say.

It's been a beautiful, sunny but wickedly windy day today. I enjoyed getting out and walking the pasture and checking the electric fence today with Mr. D so he could put the cows on the last little bit of grass we have left. Once they eat this pasture down it will be hay for the rest of the winter. It's actually odd to have any pasture left at this time of year but we had so much rain right into September this year.

Well, anyway, grateful for another 24.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Qw, I had to look up nuts and bolts. I'd never heard it called that. We love the stuff and it's the base of our trail mix almost always! Yum

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I hope you and Hank get along alright for a few days on your own. One thing is for certain: you won't go hungry! You make some of the best breakfasts I've ever had! Like you, I am thinking today of my two brothers, mom and dad who have gone before me. It's my dad's birthday and so he has been on my mind all day. I was so blessed to have him as my father. :heartbeat:
                Last edited by dill; December 2, 2018, 06:46 PM.
                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Morning Café..
                  thanks for the great breakfast yesterday, AB.. wish I'd had it here, in real life.
                  :hug: to you, Dill and AB, on the anniversaries of loved ones passing..
                  Jude, I started that book but couldn't get past the first chapter or two.. that was a long time ago, so thanks for reminding me. I've pulled it out again.
                  Wishing everyone a nice Monday.. and another 24 af hours.xx
                  Last edited by lifechange; December 3, 2018, 01:18 AM.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Not too cold out, but more snow to shovel!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=10208]gin[/MENTION]er999 [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had to bypass a couple of ominous security warnings to get in this morning. Guess MWO's security certificate expired yesterday. Jude is having trouble too. Anyone else?

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I got those same warnings, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I hoped if I waited the problem would be resolved and it looks like that is just exactly what happened!

So you had to work yesterday, eh Mr. V? Wasn't it a wonderful, warm and sunny day tho? Great day to be outdoors!

24 more, please.
                        Last edited by dill; December 3, 2018, 12:56 PM.
                        Dill

Comment

"At first, addiction is maintained by pleasure, but the intensity of this pleasure gradually diminishes and the addiction is then maintained by the avoidance of pain."

Frank Tallis

Finally able to log in!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m having a bad case of the Sooners - I’d sooner being doing something other than what I’ve done all day. At least I’ve had no desire for alcohol.

I know this can be a tough time of year for lots of people, lots of temptation to get back into old habits. Hang in there, as tough as it might be and don’t hesitate to lean on your MWO buddies.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“You know you’re an alcoholic when you misplace things … like a decade.” — Paul Williams

One of the many things that I regret about my drinking is the "lost" years. So many holidays and family get togethers that were just a blur. All I can do now is try and face the future with a clear head, with the ability to actually have memories to cherish!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-8C (15F) this morning, temps are dropping but the snow has moved on!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X