No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

nuff said lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree with your quote today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], buuuuut, what about your head hitting the pillow at night clean and sober lol. Either way you look at it, there is no better feeling than 24 hours of sobriety!

There are definitely tougher times/seasons to just say "no thanks, I don't drink" and in that moment we might feel sad for ourselves. But that feeling only lasts as long as you let it. Then, you feel a sense of accomplishment, feel some pride that no matter the 5 w's, you can say "no thanks, I don't drink" and walk away knowing that alcohol can't control you if you don't let it...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So true on that quote, Rava! Now to get that holiday feasting under control. Time to start tossing Christmas cookies and candies!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas,another 24 please hope everyone had a nice Christmas,,back to reality now
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cool clear and sunny this morning, with the sun melting a light frost.
            Hope everyone had a good holiday! Sounds like it.
            Mrs V has the week off, let's see what we get ourselves into.
            24 more here please.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
              I agree with your quote today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], buuuuut, what about your head hitting the pillow at night clean and sober lol. Either way you look at it, there is no better feeling than 24 hours of sobriety!

There are definitely tougher times/seasons to just say "no thanks, I don't drink" and in that moment we might feel sad for ourselves. But that feeling only lasts as long as you let it. Then, you feel a sense of accomplishment, feel some pride that no matter the 5 w's, you can say "no thanks, I don't drink" and walk away knowing that alcohol can't control you if you don't let it...
              Thanks for another excellent quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I couldn't agree more!

Cowboy, your comments prompted me to think. I long ago let go of 'social drinking', like drinking in group settings and at holidays, weddings, funerals. Those used to be big drinking times for me, but as my self control went out the window I quit drinking in public settings as I had fear of making a fool of myself. I think I may have done just that on the last time or two that I drank at an event with some non-drinking friends. Of course, I don't actually recall, but the reactions I had from friends the next day gave me a big clue. So, I was done drinking. Socially that is. Saying no to drinks at social gatherings was actually a relief and a no-brainer and I preferred it. But then I began to withdraw socially. I chose to be a homebody and drink in isolation. I didn't want to forego my drinking time for social occasions. I was sad for myself the day I realized I shouldn't even drink at home anymore and that the drinking was affecting my physical and mental health as well as my relationship with my hb.

24 more hours, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; December 26, 2018, 10:50 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I got home late yesterday afternoon, just as the snow started to fall. There was about 3 inches this morning.

The chaos at my son’s house was what I expected, and hoped for. The grandkids had a great time!

I laughed this morning when I heard an ad on radio for a liquor store that was having a New Year’s Eve sale. I thought, there’s probably a lot of people who are dealing with a nasty hangover this morning only to learn they can save money for their next drunk! Oh yeah, the ad finished with “Please drink responsibly”!

Hope everyone enjoys their day, af!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; December 26, 2018, 01:35 PM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi everyone!
                  I'm in for another 24 af hours!

Comment

Another 24 for me please. . As this new year approaches, I am reminded that I want to change from what I was before into a better version of myself. Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

Comment

34F with rain on the way,
                      Yesterday was beautiful, bright sunshine, and a high of 45F. Got out on a bike ride with Mrs V, felt great. Would not have done that hungover!
                      Nope, not staying stagnant here.
                      24 more please.

Comment

Morning cafe! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

It was a good day for a bike ride yesterday, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Glad you were not hungover. I can't imagine trying to ride a bike with a hangover! LOL! I can honestly say that is one thing I have never done hungover.

24 more glorious hours of freedom please!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

-16C (3F) and a bit foggy, Bubba should have a good trip back from Vegreville I hope...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It's only 42F here in AZ this morning! We had to turn on the furnace. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X