No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great to see you here [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION]! We're not usually a talkative bunch unless we have something that needs saying or if we're experiencing something that we need a bit of help and/or support with, so feel free to speak up whenever you want!

What's with all the crazy weather?? We had a deep freeze a few days ago that had me running around fixing heating appliances and thawing frozen waterlines so I know what you're going through [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Have you had anymore problems with water out to the cattle [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? It's only -7C (19F) here this morning and finally no wind, but that's about to change! Only had to shovel snow once yesterday but that also is about to change! They are forecasting 12 to 18" of snow for us by Saturday night and then a 60% chance of flurries for Sunday. Then the temps start to drop and the wind picks up again, -34C (-30F) for Tuesday and down to -55C (-67F) with the wind chill! It's going to make for a long, cold week...

Great quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], leave the past in the past or it will definitely affect the direction you're headed! Set your sights on your destination and stay on the path that will get you there...
    Last edited by abcowboy; January 31, 2019, 08:23 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Those temps are terrible! Adding my "winters in AZ" to my gratitude list for sure!

Welcome [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION]. Great quote/reminder, Rava.

I'll take another another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi everyone! AB just reminded me that I have quote duty beginning on Sunday and I was wondering if anyone wants to swap with me?
          I've had to cut back on my time here and have only been posting on the rollcall and in the Nest.. just while I'm at my parents. I'm afraid with having to leave here, the plane ride and getting back into normal life with work and kids, it will stress me out to post quotes..
          Let me know. I do think of you all each and every day! I'm right there with you in being grateful for every 24 af hours I have. Looking forward to 24 more on this last day of the month.
          Keep warm, all of you in the freezing parts of the country..xx

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] sorry I can't help you out with quote duty, hopefully some one will be able to take that over for you.

I will have another 24 though.

Comment

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], I will do it for another week. I don’t mind. I can just keep going if ABC gives his permission! LOL. . This quote reminds me that just because I’m in my 60’s, its never too late to make that change. I went for too many years thinking it was too late for me. Well guess what, its NOT!!

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]....I can swap with you as well. Might be easier as I'm up for quotes the week after you. We can just switch it out if you want....just let me know!

I agree with your quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]...it's never too late to change!

I'd be grateful for another 24 please!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], Mr. D is still having troubles with the electronics of the watering system but he made an alternative fix. It's less elegant but it's getting the job done. We also had to replace a well bladder tank which set us back over $1000.00 but it simply had to be done or we wouldn't have been able to get water flowing to them at all. It turned out the problem was two-pronged: failure of electronics and failure of the bladder tank.

Today is supposed to be the last day of ultra cold temps here, at least for a while. The temps will be above normal for the next 5 days. Yay!

Rava, I loved that quote. C.S. Lewis is a favorite of mine.

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning, Café!
                        Thank you for the offers, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Very nice of both of you..:happy2:
                        I think it would be great if you could do it, Jude, because I would love to do it the week after.. keeps me on my toes, finding and posting quotes!
                        here's to another 24 af hours for all of us..xx

Comment

Nothing better than starting the morning with a smile and chuckle, even when there's a whole whack of snow to shovel lol. It used to be hard for me to get someone to take over the quotes for a week, then [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] came up with the idea of the rotation, and now people are happy to help out and switch off! Really proud of everyone here, and not just the one's who help with the quotes, but all of us who are committed to spending the day sober! And [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]'s asking for permission actually made me chuckle out loud haha, no one needs my permission to post, anything, anytime lol. I'll leave it to the 3 of you to figure it out...

And then reading what [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said made me smile again. Funny how things are called different names wherever we are. Course those on the Army thread have a whole nother language as far as I'm concerned, but it is fun trying to decipher the words they use lol. But then they prolly laugh at the words I use haha. So I read "electronics" and "bladder tank" and because I'm a plumber I should know what that means. And being to humble to ask because I should know, I'm thinking it's what we refer to as the pump control box or pressure switch, and the pressure tank. How close was I [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]?

The marathon weekend starts this morning! Have no idea how many times I'll be out shoveling by the time Sunday night rolls around, but hey, it's good exercise and should help lower my cholesterol! I'll be thinking of you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] getting all hot and sweaty as you do your hikes in Arizona as I get hot and sweaty in my insulated coveralls while shoveling snow lol.
                          Last edited by abcowboy; February 1, 2019, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Now I feel bad, ABC. ;-( Guess I'll just have to sit outside and ponder over it. Lol

Life is so much better AF and clear headed. Glad we are all here getting it done. Great quote! I can help with quotes too if ever needed.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by lifechange View Post
                              Good morning, Café!
                              Thank you for the offers, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Very nice of both of you..:happy2:
                              I think it would be great if you could do it, Jude, because I would love to do it the week after.. keeps me on my toes, finding and posting quotes!
                              here's to another 24 af hours for all of us..xx
                              No problem LC! I'll do the quotes starting Sunday, and you'll be up the following week. Thanks for the offer [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], but you don't need to do 2 weeks in a row. :joyous:

Don't kill your back shoveling cowboy!

Comment

Another 24 please.

Comment

Working...
                                X