Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by [MENTION=21602
    abcowboy[/MENTION]]So I read "electronics" and "bladder tank" and because I'm a plumber I should know what that means. And being to humble to ask because I should know, I'm thinking it's what we refer to as the pump control box or pressure switch, and the pressure tank. How close was I @dill?

Yes [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], you got both right! LOL And as far as vocabulary goes...I was just spitting out the words I heard Mr. D say. I don't actually know what he's talking about half the time! I think I used the word 'electronics' because he actually was building the electronics that go into the control box, but you got the picture. Mr. D enjoys doing stuff like that. He was a software engineer for a lot of his career. Now I am starting to get concerned that we haven't heard from QW. It's been about 2 weeks now....I hope we haven't lost him!
    Last edited by dill; February 2, 2019, 06:42 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

. Another 24 for me please. For those in the snow. Stay warm. Its 11 here this morning. UGH. Hope everyone has a great Saturday!!! Ending my rotation with 2 quotes! LOL

Comment

Thank you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for the week of positive quotes!

OK [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....where are you at? Miss your posts!

Cowboy...hope that your magic shovel is able to keep up with all of the snow! ❄❄❄

Another 24 for myself and anyone else that needs it and thank you!

Comment

6:50am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], that was a strong finish to a great week of quotes! Thank you. And thank you, and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] both for offering to swap weeks with LC.

It's one of those mornings where there is snow on the ground and fog in the air. The longer the fog remains the more it clings to the small branches of the trees making them look like lace. Beautiful.

24 more please and thank you.
            Last edited by dill; February 2, 2019, 08:52 AM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I just noticed I botched the quote [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], but I am sure you knew it was yours! LOL
              Dill

Comment

5:52 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for all the quotes! Today's is one of my favorites. So many regrets while hitting the sauce but all we can do is focus on the future and make sure we never go back to that place that AL always takes us.

I'll take another another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Yep, I understood the quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], you can't @ and quote at the same time lol. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] works and QUOTE=abcowboy works, but QUOTE= [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] doesn't. And I also figured out he was trying to repair the pump controller by probably changing the "relay" or "capacitor" on the board in the controller. I stock a few of the pumper controllers and a couple of different sizes of pressure tanks just in case... I'll reply to your pm after I shovel snow again lol.

Great quotes this week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and yes, 2019 is going to be a fantastic year for all of us!

Not to worry [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I'm going out to shovel each time we get 2 or 3" to try and stay on top of it. Much easier to shovel a small amount each time than to wait and shovel a foot of it! At least it's the light, fluffy snow, not the heavy, wet stuff we get in the spring!

Just over a foot of snow so far, with heavy snowfall warnings still in effect and now an extreme cold warning as well! -40C is the same as -40F, strange coincidence, but it's the only temp that are equal on both temp scales. It's -44 out there right now with the wind chill, so it'll be insulated coveralls, toque, and winter boots and gloves for shoveling this morning! My new flip laptop is in at The Source in Vegreville, but it can stay right there for the time being. I'm not venturing out on the highway with all this snow and blowing snow let alone the extreme cold!

Just let me know when you want to start doing QD [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and I'll put you in the rotation!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; February 2, 2019, 09:33 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. After reading how much snow you have ABC, we need a “what the hell” button instead of just like and thank buttons! Holy hell. I could never live there. 2 inches of snow and I am in panic mode. Hope everyone has a great and safe day. Another 24 for me please and thanks!!

Comment

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Martin Luther King
                        Last edited by Jude58; February 3, 2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Arrgg....just lost half of my post!:grr:

Hope that you're all shoveled out cowboy! Expecting a few rain showers here today with a high in the 30's.....

Looking forward to another 24 and thankful for it!

Comment

Wonderful quote for today, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. MLK was a very wise man.
                            Are you plumb wore out from all that shoveling, Cowboy? You must be!

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Best get some breakfast out before y'all starve lol

Comment

Working...
                                X