~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Pouring rain here! Rain in the desert is a blessing. I bet the washes are running full right now. Currently 55 with a high of 68. I'll take it and another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Raining here, too, Ginger! I'm getting ready to head out on my next to last hike before leaving tomorrow night. I'm not sure there's anything I love more than the smell of rain in the desert!
      Thinking of you all shoveling snow.. I'll be in for a rude and very cold awakening upon returning home.. brrrrr..
      Thanks for the great quotes last week, Rava! And a great start to this week Jude..
      and thanks for the delicious brekkie, AB!
      Yes, I'm looking forward to hearing about QW's trip!
      Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!!xx

Comment

6:11 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Cafe and thanks for the great quote Jude! Hope everyone has a great Monday. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

It was so nice out yesterday that I had some time to sit on the porch and soak up some rays! All the snow is gone for now and we have some nice temps all this week. I heard some honking then looked up and saw a flock of Canadian geese on the move yesterday. I think they were trying to tell me something...

24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"You know you're an alcoholic when you misplace things for like a decade."

Paul Williams

So much time lost to booze, but at least now I cherish each and every day!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:43 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Is it Monday?? Having trouble keeping track of what day it is. Must be something that those "retired" people go through everyday lol. It's just been too darn cold or stormy to venture out, and thankfully no emergency call-outs lately. There was a break in the snow Saturday afternoon so Bubba and I slipped over to Vegreville to shovel out the in-laws house and pick up my new mini fliptop. Then the rest of Saturday and Sunday was spent setting up and doing the upgrades on the new Acer.

Looks like about 2" of snow overnight, once more this morning then should be the end of shovelling for a while. It's only -25C (-15F) and very little wind, so it might be a good day to run out to the farm to check on things, see how much snow we got out there. Think we got about 14 - 15" here all told so I imagine at least that or a bit more at the farm. I won't be able to do any plowing for at least a week though, with night time temps forecast to be -30C and colder, with wind chills in the -40 to -50 range, there's no way I'm going to try and start my tractor, let alone plow snow without a heated cab lol.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope everyone has a great week! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Good old Teddy...he sure knew what he was talking about!

OK Mr. V and QW.....where are you guys?? :checkin:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Hi Cafe! Jude, your quote yesterday made me laugh. More like a decade or two! LOL. Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

How do you like your new Acer, Cowboy? What model is it? Getting to know your new machine and getting it set up sounds like the perfect activity for a winter's day.

I've been busy with de-cluttering. I'm taking it a bit at a time. I made a promise to myself to try to move the ball forward a bit every day, taking on whatever I have the energy for. If I don't have much energy or I am busy, I do something small like a small drawer or shelf. If I'm feeling frisky I take on a whole cabinet or closet! Applying your quote of the day to my living space, I see that I have neglected many areas and have been living in the 'gray twilight', allowing things to pile up around me rather than take on the challenge of deciding what still serves us and what no longer serves us. Things tend to pile up if you don't actively assess...

Meeting a friend for lunch today which will be nice. 24 more will be nicer yet!
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Well okay, things are back to normal around here, well, as normal as my life ever is lol. Ended up shoveling twice yesterday, and have to shovel again this morning! And it's not going to be fun as it's -32C (-25F) this morning, but at least there is no wind! The wind is supposed to pick up this afternoon, making it extremely cold!

My Acer is an 11.6" Spin [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], almost identical to my old one. Then it was doing all the Windows updates, installing software, downloading Microsoft Office, McAfee LiveSafe, etc etc… Our internet connection isn't very speedy, so it all takes time. But I'm a patient man now, so I just went with the flow... Got more to say, best do it in Word then copy and paste....

Comment

Working...
                                X