• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:38 am in Vegas,another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote! I'll take another 24, please and thank you
      Last edited by Ginger999; February 5, 2019, 10:12 AM.

Comment

I got called out yesterday in the cold and blowing snow to fix a furnace. A new customer, got my name from one of his relatives after trying 2 other plumbing companies that said he was too far to travel to just do service work! One was from here in Vermilion, the other from St Paul, which is only ½ hour drive to Myrnam, and my drive is 45 minutes! Not sure what’s happening to our contractors when they can tell one of our seniors that he’ll have to go without heat because he’s too far away. A long story but the basics are is that he lives in the Senior Manor in Myrnam and his house is out on a farm 4 miles from Myrnam. No driver’s license anymore so I had to pick him up there and take him with me to show me where the house is and unlock it. Did all that, got the furnace going, thankfully house didn’t get cold enough to freeze anything, then took him back to the Manor.

Went inside with him to his room as he wanted to pay me right away instead of waiting for me to send an invoice. When we got to his room, he had a bottle of whiskey and two glasses set out on a small table and I kind of chuckled to myself that he had it all planned lol. Of course he offered me a drink which I politely declined, and explained to him exactly why I couldn’t have a drink with him. I told him to go ahead and have one, and we visited a bit as I made out the invoice. When he finished his drink, he wrote out a cheque, and shook my hand thanking me for coming out. I’m sure I made his day in more ways than one. It’s times like yesterday that I wish I wasn’t an alcoholic, that I could have had a drink with him. But as I drove home I realized it didn’t matter to him if I drank or not, he just wanted me to stay awhile and visit. Makes me feel good inside, even if the drive and weather weren’t the best…

Originally posted by Jude58
        "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
        So true, it’s the moments of weakness where we must let our courage overcome everything else…

"You know you're an alcoholic when you misplace things for like a decade."
        Hmmmm, think I misplaced my whole life for 2 or 3 decades lol.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
        You never know what you can accomplish unless you try…

Great quotes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

I don’t know what happened to Mr V and QW, but they know where we are if and when they need us…
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed your story, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Thank you for making that man's day. You rock!

Comment

Another 24 please.

Comment

Good morning and another 24 for me please. Loved your story ABC!

Comment

That was a nice story Cowboy and I must say well done to you on your restraint! It didn't sound like you were the least bit tempted. And you are right that he didn't so much want to share a drink as he wanted to share some time and have some conversation and companionship.

Going to the movies today to see The Mule, the latest Clint Eastwood movie.

24 more, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"With everything that has happened to you, you can either feel sorry for yourself or treat what has happened as a gift. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose."

Dr. Wayne W Dyer

Loved the story Cowboy!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Not even going to talk about the weather, we're supposed to be experiencing some meteorological phenomena know as the "Polar Vortex" or something like that. All I know is this cold isn't even liked by the polar bears or kiki birds!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Busy day yesterday. First a goodbye block party for some friends who've decided not to return next winter and then later a game of cards with another group. Lots of alcohol flowing at both. As I looked around, I wondered about everyone drinking and whether any of them would have regrets this morning. I sure would and so thankful I'm solid again in my quit. I'll have another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

I'll have another 24 please and thank you.
                          Have a great sober day all!

Comment

Great quote Jude. Dill my husband and I saw the Mule a few weeks ago. I liked it. Hope everyone has a good day! Another 24 for me please! So glad you are solid in your quit Ginger!!!
                            Last edited by Rava; February 7, 2019, 05:54 AM.

Comment

"Nothing can dim the light which shines from within."

Maya Angelou

Morning cafe!

Busy day ahead so a quick fly by for me.

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Yes Rava, both Mr. D and I really liked the movie, and so did my friend that went with us. Eastwood is a unique treasure.

I liked yesterday's quote, Jude. It always comes down to choice and attitude in the end and we have control over both of those thankfully!

I have a slight disagreement with today's quote. The light that shines from within does grow dim when I drink. Or maybe it's just obscured by the fog.... Well, anyway, it's important not to do things to ourselves that we know will dim that light and harm our spirit. It's great to know that the light is ready to burn brightly as we come out of the fog of alcohol.

Speaking of fog, there is a thick one outside my window this morning! But thankfully, not inside my head.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Last edited by dill; February 7, 2019, 07:46 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X