~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hey all. I’m starting out again. Have had enough of the same cycle for a few years. I’ve had years of sobriety before but seem to get dragged back to it. Can I join the cafe? 24h for me too lease:

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Back into the Polar Vortex this morning, -33C (-28F), this is the longest stretch of extreme cold weather that I can remember!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION] [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Last edited by abcowboy; February 9, 2019, 08:23 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], great to have you back! I remember you from a few years back, sorry to hear that the "drinking thinking" enticed you again. And of course you're welcome here, everyone is welcome here. Have you got things figured out for what you're going to do when the AV gets to whispering in your ear? Ya need to come up with a few ideas to get it locked back into the cage that it escaped from...

Great quotes this week [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], attitude and gratitude go hand in hand. It's not always easy to keep a positive outlook with all the things life throws at us, but it's how we deal with those things that counts. We, as alcoholics, always want to turn to the bottle even though we know that drinking won't solve anything. So we need to learn to adapt, take the bad with the good. And find a way through everything without going back to the booze. That way is there for all of us, even on the days that we're not feeling quite so positive....
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I look forward to Sunday morning breakfasts as well! With this new diet I'm on it's hard to have the things I like the most, but I'm learning to adapt. I've never been one to eat breakfast everyday, but that's changed as well. Now I have a bowl of Cheerios with 2% milk, or a bowl of oatmeal porridge, and some mornings whole grain toast with peanut butter. And now I've went from 2% milk to 1%. Taking my Omega 3 everyday, stopped smoking, and getting a bit more exercise each day. Sunday mornings I still indulge a bit, but only 2 eggs instead of 3, whole grain bread instead of white, and only 3 pieces of low sodium bacon fried crisp. Bacon, eggs, and hash browns is still my favourite breakfast, just have to do with less, and less often.

What's your favourite breakfast?

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] thanks for your advice. I remember you from many years ago. Looks like you’re going strong well done you! My main trigger is anxiety (especially when it’s time to feed bathe and get kids to bed) and hunger. I’m eating anything and everything I want today. Drinking anything I want (Non AL) and have already prepared food to cook tonight. My triggers normally kick in in the evening. I am looking for stuff to watch on tv with the kids to really distract me. I’ve got some super strong vitamins and minerals to help. I’ve made myself accountable to family who are helping too

Hmm like you I’m not a big breakfast person but do like a good fry up if I don’t have to cook it ��
            Have a good day!

Comment

Welcome, [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]. The cafe is a great place to check in and find support. I just finished the Alcohol Experiment that Rava told us about. Anxiety is one of the top reasons women drink. Lots of good science based info over there. You might want to check it out. Just Google Alcohol Experiment and it will pop up. I don't think we can have too much support or info when it comes to beating back that AL devil. I too had 3.5 years AF and made a conscience decision to try AL again. I'm back here so you can guess how that turned out. lol Stay close. We are here for you!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] I will take a look :thanks:

Comment

:welcome: [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], glad to have you with us.

Cowboy that polar vortex sounds cruel! Keep warm and take care. Maybe you can limit your big breakfast to once a week for a while? I don't eat breakfast everyday but I guess my favorite breakfast is simply two eggs over easy, rye toast and home fries with onion. I have coffee and juice, either tomato or grapefruit juice are my preferences.

Thanks for a week of really fine quotes, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. You hit the nail on the head today, too. It's funny because I just gave that same advice to my son yesterday in a text but in my own words. It's so easy to forget when life starts throwing stuff at you, ya' know?

My granddaughter is just about to arrive for an over night. I haven't seen her for a couple of weeks so I'm really looking forward to it! But right now I need to help Mr. D fill the wood box. It's not as bad as your weather, [MENTION=6262]Cowboy[/MENTION], but it's still pretty darn cold and windy. It's -7C and with the wind it's more like -11.

24 more here, please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; February 9, 2019, 01:05 PM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], :welcome:

It's cold and windy here too! Something is wrong with the weather stripping on my door. When the wind blows hard enough at it, it let's out a huge scream freaking out my cat. Annoying! I stuffed some paper in the crack, but it didn't help. :cuss:

Anywhooo I'll have 24 more. Thanks.
                    Last edited by Moffit; February 9, 2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

""Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.""--Thomas Jefferson

""Some of the necessary things we do are tiring and annoying. Many of these things we must do regardless of how we feel about them. Doing dishes day after day can be a tiresome job, but no matter how much we hate it, it must be done sooner or later. We might discover, if we look hard enough, how chores like this can actually be enjoyable, if we do them right. Perhaps dish washing is a time for listening to music and singing along, or an opportunity for conversation between family members as we help one another.

Our willingness to look for the hidden treasure and opportunities in tasks we might otherwise consider dreary will never fail to reward us.""

Hope this one wasn't recently one of the quotes! It's always relevant for me to be present in whatever it is I'm doing.. and to try and find some sort of joy in it. Ha! Today is proving to be difficult as all I want to do is lay around and do nothing..:happy2: Also ok, right? Looking forward to a late brekkie, AB!

I'm in for another 24 af hours with all of you!xx

Comment

Chilly morning here, but at least the sun is out! ��

Welcome [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION]! The cafe is a good place to hang out, and Cowboy puts on an amazing breakfast every Sunday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]....Loved the quote, but I will never enjoy doing dishes! :shakingno:

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24314]Moffit[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Running a bit late this morning as I had all the morning chores to do as Hank and I are batching it, but here's breakfast!

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X