~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 for me please and thanks. Anyone have any experience with retirement. I am eligible but love my job. UGH. Up all night thinking about it. At least I’m not drinking to add to the anxiety!!!

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] Does Seattle also come to a standstill lol It is much milder here today. A feeling the spring is on it's way.

Comment

I'm retired and loving it, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], at age 66. I feel like I am busy, even tho I don't have a job. In fact my friend and I laugh at how we really don't understand how we managed to work all those years and still get things done on the home front! LOL. However, I was ready to leave my job; no longer enjoying it. If I had still been enjoying the job, I think I may have continued on working. Change is hard. So, it's just a matter of what you would like. You are lucky to have a job you love, IMO. But I think also that you could find great joy in retirement. I sure have!

Volunteering at the coffee shop this morning....couldn't have done that if I hadn't taken the plunge into retirement.

24 more, please and thank you.
        Last edited by dill; February 12, 2019, 07:44 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Brrrrrrrrr……

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry! A day late and a dollar short!:happy2:

""A controller doesn't trust his/her ability to live through the pain and chaos of life.""~Rita Mae Brown

""It is very hard for most of us to see how controlling we are. We may feel uptight or careful, but we haven't seen it as controlling ourselves or controlling how people respond to us. We may be worried about a loved one's behavior or safety, but not realize our hovering over that person is a controlling activity. We may be keenly aware of other people's controlling behavior with us, but unaware we have equaled their control by monitoring them and trying to change their behavior.
            What a moment of spiritual adventure it is to risk living through the pain! When we do not seek an escape or a quick fix but have patience with the process, new possibilities often do develop. We can only let go of our control—or turn it over to our Higher Power. And we will do it and forget, taking control back within minutes or within an hour. Then we let go again.""

That's me and one of my biggest challenges.. letting go of the need to control!
            I'm in for another 24 af hours..xx

Comment

I guess you'd call me semi-retired [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. I'm not sure I'll ever completely retire unless my health forces me to. I really love what I do although going out at all times of the day and night to repair heating appliances isn't always fun, it comes with the territory. Not sure what it's like in other countries, but there's such a shortage of tradesmen (tradespeople I guess is the new term) that I'll never have a shortage of work. And I'll never give up helping out farming unless they don't need me anymore or I'm too crippled up to climb into a tractor or combine. I suppose it's like [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, it makes it easier to stay working if you love what you do.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great reminder [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. I tend to want to quietly control everything. I think my controlling nature added to my drinking nature. It's tiring to be controlling and alcohol gave me a nightly break from that for years. When I took AL away, I was forced to address my controlling nature. Still working on it, btw.

[MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION], Yes, Seattle shuts down in the snow! Partly because they don't have as much snow removal equipment as they need for big snow storms (It's so rare) and partly because people don't know how to drive in it. It's best to hunker down!

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I retired early in 2012 so we could travel while we were still active enough to enjoy it. We love the RV life style and seeing the country. If we weren't able to do that though, I'd still be working. I still manage a pet rescue website remotely. I'd probably just expand that work. I have to be busy! Retirement looks different for everyone and I totally agree with [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I'm so busy, I'm not sure how I got everything done when I worked!

One thing for sure.... I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Late check in today...Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

2 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 for me please! Decided to postpone retirement for a few more years so I slept well last night. Anxiety level is down! LOL. Most people would rejoice at retirement, me not so much!

Comment

To each their own, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I'm sure you know yourself best and made the right choice for you. :love: I'm glad you resolved your internal conflict. I hate losing sleep over things!

Yes, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] we do have a shortage of good, qualified tradesmen in our area. People like you; knowledgeable, experienced, caring, competent, and good-hearted are like pure gold, IMO. Being a good tradesman is a gift and it is wonderful that you make use of it and share it with your community. Here's a toast to you: May the Lord keep you in His hand and never close His fist too tight. :heartbeat:

I liked yesterday's quote and reflection very much, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. I don't think of myself as a controlling person, but as I read that I thought maybe I haven't always been aware of that aspect of myself. I think it is human nature to want to fix things and make things run smoothly which is the reason, IMO that we tend to want to control the actions of others. But it is not our place to steal from others that moment of learning and growth. "but unaware we have equaled their control by monitoring them and trying to change their behavior.
                        What a moment of spiritual adventure it is to risk living through the pain! "
                        Yes, we all need that chance to live and learn and to learn from our own mistakes. So I will be conscious of this in the future and will be sure never to offer unsolicited advice.

24 more hours, please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; February 13, 2019, 07:25 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=16215]MinStar[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Another 24 please from the land of snow,sleet and freezing rain!

Comment

Off to Bisbee, AZ for a couple of days with friends. Our time in AZ is winding down. March will be spent at Lake Mead and Death Valley then home the end of March, if weather permits!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

2:29 pm in Vegas, another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X