No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you've already turned your thinking around [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. An experiment is just that, an experiment. To find out the results of an exercise in a given situation. An experiment only fails if the results don't meet with our expectations. But like any experiment, you have to use the results just the way they are, you can't change those results without changing the experiment. Now you just have to apply what you've learned and move forward just as you've been doing! No one can erase the sober time you have just like you can't erase the time you spent in your experiment, so let it go. You're where you are because of what you've learned, and that is nothing to struggle over....:hug:
    Last edited by abcowboy; February 18, 2019, 07:56 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Way to go Ginger!! Turn that negativity around. 92% is awesome! Thanks for sharing that story. Another 24 for me and ABC that was an excellent breakfast. Thanks so much.

Comment

Great post [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Humbly asking for another 24 please!

Comment

“And remember; you must never, under any circumstances, despair. To hope and to act, these are our duties in misfortune.” – Boris Pasternak, Doctor Zhivago

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I miss QW and Mr V. Hope they come back soon. Pouring rain here today. The desert is alive with all this rain and the free ranging cows are loving all this extra grass.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Great post yesterday, Ginger.. and very pertinent to me today. I'm going to head over and watch that video.
              Great quote, too, AB!
              I'm all in for 24 af hours!

Comment

Another 24 for me please. I just got on facebook to see that today is national drink wine day! WTF?? That never would have bothered me before. I am sick of all the glory that alcohol claims. The reality is that alcohol is a dangerous drug. It took me years and a lot of hardship to finally realize this. I will pass on this national drink day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                  Another 24 for me please. I just got on facebook to see that today is national drink wine day! WTF?? That never would have bothered me before. I am sick of all the glory that alcohol claims. The reality is that alcohol is a dangerous drug. It took me years and a lot of hardship to finally realize this. I will pass on this national drink day.
                  I share your feelings on this, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Thanks for your brilliant post yesterday, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I like the method of doing the percentage. There is no reason why you should feel you 'lost' all that AF time. It was an achievement and was not lost, IMO. You learned from it and knew the value of it. It's part of your journey and long may you continue on the path! I continue to miss [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] too, and I am beginning to fear that we will not see them again. I feel confident that they are both continuing in their sobriety tho and I wish them all the best.

Thanks for a great quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Hope springs eternal and thank goodness for that because without it none of us would escape the clutches of alcohol!:exclaim:

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; February 19, 2019, 06:54 AM.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Back to work and looks like I’m first on here this morning. ANother 24 please and thanks.

Comment

“There’s plain few problems can’t be solved with a little sweat and hard work.” – Clint Eastwood

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      @Juse58 [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Oh my gosh, [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]ey! Snow in Vegas?! Did you build a snowman? :happy2:

Clint was right on with that statement, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! And BTW, did I mention seeing Clint's most recent film? I may have already, but if not I just wanted to say that it was really good!

24 more, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote cowboy.....simple and to the point!

Still snowing here in N.Y......really looking forward to Spring this year!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Aaah! Completely forgot to check in yesterday, I came on specifically for that and got sidetracked by something else,Dill I didn't get snow by me,more on the outskirts, I agree that Mr.V and QW are on the straight and narrow I think they're just busy,so I like to check in,in the afternoon cuz that's my "bad hours" I'll be back later and no I didn't drink yesterday yeah!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all! I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 af hours for me here, too!
                                Wishing you all a nice Tuesday.. love the quote, AB. I could stand to sweat a bit more!:happy2:

Comment

Working...
                                X