Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Love that quote, Dill.. thank you!
    Here's to another 24 af hours.. on my way to parent's evening at the school. Trying to stay positive about it!:happy2:

Comment

3:48 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good things do come to those who wait.
        Sometimes we are so fixated on the destination that we forget all about the journey, and the journey usually holds the greatest gifts of wisdom. So don’t rush. Be like the tortoise, not the hare
        Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.
        ~ Les Brown

24 please and thank you.
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Nice quote Dill! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Cool and sunny again, yea.
            Got out on the bike yesterday in the sun, even though the temperature was around 35F and windy.
            Headed down to Mississippi for a short work trip, then back home with more work this weekend.
            Busy for a retired guy, lol.
            Another good friends wife is now in the hospital with a brain aneurysm. Touch and go for the next week or so.
            Getting old ain't for the faint hearted I tell ya.
            24 more here please.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

You just need to put a "-" in front of your temp Mr V and you'll know what it's like up here in the frozen north lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to your friend and his wife [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], hopefully she makes it through with minimal to no lasting damage.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Well shoot, Mr V. Sorry to hear this too. Getting old ain't for sissies.

Now we are staying put here in AZ until the end of March. There's about 2 feet of snow in our parking spot at our son's house and they are still getting snow. That has to be gone before we can head home. Sure am missing my gkids!

I shared this on Facebook. It's so funny! If you have time watch til the end. Tucson Police Department Investigates Suspicious White Substance - YouTube

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Hi MWO friends.

I’ve been awol for a bit as you’ve likely noticed. Thanks to everyone who took the time to send a note.

The good: Mexico was fabulous! The family had a great time and I think this will be an annual tradition, although everyone can look after their own expenses in the future!

The bad: I caved and had some cervesas by the pool one hot day.

The ugly: Those few cervesas led to more and by the time we got home, I was right back into regular drinking.

Today is another Day 1. I’ve done a bit of back reading and you’re right Cowboy. A person has to want to quit, to value sobriety more than drinking. I think I’m there now.

More good: Mrs QWdid fairly well on the trip and we’re looking forward to going back next year.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; February 26, 2019, 06:32 PM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

3:42 pm in Vegas,another 24 please great to see you back QW!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], so glad to see you back! Don't let this set back discourage you. You are back and that's what matters. Glad you had a great trip!

Comment

Another 24 for me please. Welcome back QW! Your story sounds so familiar. Professional moderating is impossible! Hope everyone has a great day!

Comment

Day 1 - Being human, we will continue making mistakes; however, we need not make the same ones over and over again.
                              By looking over our past and realizing that we have changed and grown,
                              we'll find hope for the future. The best is yet to come.

~Just For Today, Self Discovery, pg. 336

It is so wonderful to have you back, QW! We are all in this together and each day AF is a celebration. You have achieved so much AF time, you should feel good about that. Back on the path, one foot steadily in front of the other. (Although perhaps you prefer to be back in the saddle....up to you!:love

Ginger, those Tucson officers were really hot on the trail, eh?! I did love the end.

24 for each and every one of us, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

31F and partly sunny.
                                quick check in before hitting the road.
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X