~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Jude, glad your hubby is doing well and that he will be monitored closely. Today is the 7th weekend out of 9 that its crappy and raining. UGH. I need a dose of sunshine. I may have to sit in front of my sunlamp today just to feel better. My drinking started in my teens as fun and daring. It morphed into self medication for insomnia. Guzzling and my goal was to get buzzed. Blackouts followed by guilt and professional unsuccessful moderation attempts. All this with a feeling of self loathing and shame. What the hell is that all about. My life is so much simpler without all that negative behavior and energy dragging me down. Annie Grace has helped me see addiction for what its worth. Grateful for this site with others that can relate to this messed up thinking.....Life is so much better without the booze! THAT IS A FACT!!!

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-31C (-24F), -45C (-49F) with the wind chill, I'll take your snow [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] if you'll take our cold!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Remember when I said there's always something to be grateful for in any situation? Well, I lied!! lol. Entering into our 6th week of extreme cold weather and only slight improvement for the next week! I guess the good thing is that the house is nice and warm, but I wonder for how long. I never figured I'd live to see the day when the gas utility companies started running short of natural gas to supply to it's customers, but it's happened in the rural area's. They are starting to bring in semi trucks with tankers of compressed natural gas to connect into the underground pipelines to try and keep up with the demand! Heating systems are starting to have trouble keeping up to the cold weather and farmers are running into serious problems with cows calving out in the cold. I can only imagine the toll it's taking on the wildlife...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think we all went through those stages of drinking, I know I did as well, but in the end I drank to get drunk. Maybe that's what "rock bottom" is, when you only drink to get drunk. I think we all have a different rock bottom, and a different view on what rock bottom means. The thinking of "well, I'm not as bad as so and so" tries to convince us that we don't have a problem.

I remember asking my Uncle how to determine if I had a drinking problem and he said it's simple, "if you think you have a drinking problem, then you do". He said it's not so much how often you drink, or how much you drink, but why you drink is where the problem lies. It took me a long time to understand that.....normal drinkers don't need alcohol to handle (or escape) from life...

Comment

Originally posted by Rava
            Grateful for this site with others that can relate to this messed up thinking...
            I had to smile when I read that Rava, I remember a time when I was grateful for my drinking buddies, misery loves company as they say lol. You're right, this is so much better!

Comment

Great thoughts here today. On top of all the reasons for drinking and the why's of it all, there is a chemical thing going on in your brain due to alcohol that happens the same for all of us. There's a good video that explains the science behind drinking. I'll try and find the link. Information is power and who doesn't need more power!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

38F and still grey. I miss [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], and his grey day descriptors. Anybody heard from him? At least it's not the cold Cowboy and others are going through.
                24 more please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
                  38F and still grey. I miss [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], and his grey day descriptors. Anybody heard from him? At least it's not the cold Cowboy and others are going through.
                  24 more please.
                  Looks like Orimus hasn't checked in since June 5th. Is that possible? Has it been that long?

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hadn’t heard of natural gas shortages Cowboy, understandable though given what the past 6 weeks has been like for freezing temperatures. There’s supposed to be a reprieve in the next few days, warming up almost to the freezing mark. Can’t wait to dig out the grill and celebrate with a steak barbecue!

Glad to see that I drank for many of the same reasons a lot of others here in the cafe did. And I often thought that I wasn’t as bad as others. BS. I drank daily for far too long, I just couldn’t see/wouldn’t admit to how bad I was.

Off to the treadmill as it’s far too cold to be outside. Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

4:35 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning. Another 24 for me please. This quote is so true for me. I would always have a few drinks before a party so it seemed like I drank less. In reality when I was buzzed, I thought others were too. After I stopped drinking I started noticing that people were not drinking as much as I thought and definitely not as much as I was. Glad that life is over. It’s definately OK to NOT drink!!!

Saw this on another site this morning. Thought I would share. Joe Walsh - One Day At A Time (Official Video) - YouTube
                        Last edited by Rava; March 3, 2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

Still cold....ugggggh….

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; March 3, 2019, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Running a bit late with breakfast this morning, someone decided he had to go to the bathroom at 3:00am and it wasn't me lol. Didn't get back to sleep till around 4 and slept a bit longer than usual. Anyway, breakfast is served!

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for today's quote and the video. That was awesome!

Breakfast was nummy Cowboy! Hope that you are staying warm up there...Spring is coming!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good Sunday Morning all. Yummy breakfast, ABC. Love me some pancakes!

Large non-family gatherings give me such social anxiety. For me, that was a huge reason for drinking. Before, during, after....you name it. Now, I either bow out all together or only stay a short time. I'm too damn old to make myself do something that makes me uncomfortable!

I'll gladly take another 24, please and thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X