Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

33F and snow coming today.
    Thanks for the video, Rava. I had never heard that song.
    I used to see Joe Walsh live in Cleveland with the James Gang, I was 13-15 years old, the same time I started drinking and smoking dope.
    I mean if Joe Walsh can get sober, so can we!
    24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The deep freeze continues with warmer temps always a few days away. I know spring will get here eventually but it still sucks that it’s -26C, -15F. No wonder my little buddy was quick this morning when I put her out!

Hope everyone enjoys an af Sunday!!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I am so sorry for our Canadian friends enduring such a harsh and long cold spell! Hang on [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it can't last much longer.

My goodness [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], 13-15yo? You started early! I did not drink in high school, nor smoke dope. I was afraid to give up my self-control...wasn't so sure I trusted those around me to have my best interests at heart. I was smarter then than I was in college!

Loved the quote and video [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], thanks!

How about we all do like the song says and take it one day at a time? 24 more for me please.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Quick check in for breakfast. You dont disappoint ABC. THANKS!!!

Comment

3:20 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Just thought I would sent a little Monday encouragement. :welldone: Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Thanks Rava for the inspiring quote!

Gotta go into work early this morning, so a quick fly by...

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

There's a blanket of snow outside my window and today we are sitting at -14C. It will be below normal cold for the next several days, so we will be feeling a little bit of your pain, cowboy and QW. No wind to speak of so that's a blessing.

Thanks for a great kick off to the week, Rava!

Lent starts Wednesday. I'm thinking of is all the great fish lunch/dinner offers on Fridays for the next 6 weeks! Isn't that funny? That tradition of forgoing meat on Fridays is no sacrifice at all for cod lovers like me! LOL I'll have to find another way to make a sacrifice.

24 more, please and thank you
                  Last edited by dill; March 4, 2019, 07:22 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Finally, a break in the cold! -21C (-6F) and supposed to be like this for most of the week!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You know [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I didn't click on the video link yesterday because I thought I've heard that song so many times sang by so many different artists. I clicked on it this morning and found out it was a completely different song! Joe said it right!

When I first quit drinking, I didn't look around to see how many other people were drinking, I looked around to see if people were looking at me and wondering why I wasn't drinking. Then the stage came when I was the "drink counter", counting how many drinks other people were having. Next I watched to see how many people weren't drinking, and wondered why lol. I had come full circle. Now, I see others drinking, and I try to guess what they are having lol. It's amazing how an iced tea can look like so many other drinks once it's dressed up a bit!

Yep, a new week, another paragraph or two to write in our story... let's make those paragraph's positive eh!

Boy, Lent snuck up on me [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Haven't given much thought to what I'll give up this year, I'm running out of things to give up lol. Maybe I've got to think of something I can do each day, rather than giving something up!
                      Last edited by abcowboy; March 4, 2019, 09:02 PM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

17F and a light blanket of snow. Sunny!
                        24 more please

Comment

Yep! Another week to be the best we can be. Thanks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION].

All the cold weather! Hubby just read the coldest place in the US was -41 in Mobsy, MT. Brrrrr

I'll take our 71 and sunny along with another 24, please and thank you!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 7, $105 not wasted.

Still cold here. Ginger, can you send your 71F temps here for a few days?

Off to deliver posters about our next Parkinson’s event to pharmacies and medical clinics in the area. Our first event attracted 14 people, we’re hoping for more this week.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy
                              I'm running out of things to give up lol. Maybe I've got to think of something I can do each day, rather than giving something up!
                              I'm right there with you, cowboy. I could add a half hour exercise into my day, but that's no sacrifice really...I'm clearly going to have to give this some thought.

QW, I hope you get more attendance at your next meeting. It is really awesome of you to do that. I wish I was up there close to you so I could help!

It's sunny here today and 70F (indoors), Ginger. I think I'll sit by the window in the sunshine and pretend I'm in AZ!
                              Dill

Comment

3:02 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X