~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

. Good morning Cafe. I hope this Tuesday is a great one for everyone. This quote reminds me that moderating is not what it’s cracked up to be. For someone that has crossed over the line, there is no such thing. I know I have proved it to be impossible every time I quit. In a matter of no time I was always back to my old ways! UGH. So glad that is over.

Comment

Your quote is spot on [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]....trying to moderate is just too exhausting for me. Booze for me is like eating potato chips. I could never have just one! :disillusionment:

7°F with more snow on the way!

Another 24please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Think I might dig out a lawn chair and sit in the back yard under the sun, only -16C (4F) this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and laughed at your take on it [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] lol. Reminded me of Mark Messier and Lay's potato chips, which by the way I had to give up as well because of my cholesterol thingy!

Looks like you and me were $15 buck a day drinkers [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! The last time I looked at my sobriety app, I think it said I was in the area of $22,500 saved! Not sure where that money went, but it didn't get spent on booze!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

11F and sunny.
            It's amazing how we always had money for booze.
            24 more please.

Comment

Yup! Moderation is way too much work and is always a fail for those of us with a faulty off switch. So I'll take another 24 AF hours, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Yesterday’s visits to medical clinics and a couple of small businesses promoting our next Parkinson’s meeting went extremely well! Two businesses actually thanked us for what we were doing. Hopefully this means we’ll see some new folks on Thursday.

Yup, there was always money for booze. And the roads were never bad enough to prevent a trip to the liquor store. Funny how these decisions made perfect sense when we were under the fog of booze, eh?

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful af Tuesday!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yep, always made sure I would have cash stashed in my console just in case I stopped for wine and found my wallet was near empty....

Loved that quote, Rava. It made me wonder if St. Augustine had a faulty off switch too!

24 more, please.
                  Last edited by dill; March 5, 2019, 02:49 PM.
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

3:01 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Hope everyone has a great day today. This quote reminds me that my thinking was screwed up for way too many years! Quit the booze and live a better life. It’s that simple!!

Comment

That is an awesome quote, Rava! Reading that now it seems like a no brainer, but when you are caught up in the drink cycle, you just don't see it! Sober is better.

24 more please, but warmer than yesterday's please!
                        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Quick fly by....got called into work early.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

A little colder this morning, but nothing like we had!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Last edited by abcowboy; March 6, 2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Your quote this morning for some reason reminded me about the chicken and egg [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. For me it was always, I'll quit drinking after "insert special function or excuse here" because I'll never get through it without a drink. Such a vicious cycle, always thinking of a reason why I couldn't quit. But life did get better after I quit, or at least the way I deal with life got better. And I learned that I could get through all those events and excuses without a can of Budweiser in my hand.

Edit to add: It's Ash Wednesday today, it's the first day of the Lenten Season for those who follow the Christian calendar. I had a hard time thinking of something to give up this year, but it came to me last night. Every evening, and I mean every evening, I have a small bowl of trail mix before bed and I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. That's what I'm going to give up!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; March 6, 2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Cold and sunny 15F
                                24 more please

Comment

Working...
                                X