~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Great quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and so very true.

I'm not even going to tell you what today's temp in AZ is expected to be, just that the rattle snakes are up and at 'em once again.

I'll gladly take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have company coming for the weekend, moderate drinkers, but I’m feeling strong in my quit and am not worried.

Great quote today. Reminds me of the 10 most important 2 letter words in the English language - If it is to be, it is up to me.

Ginger, you can keep the rattlers there but we wouldn’t mind some of your warm temps!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

3:18 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning and 24 for me please. This quote reminds me that alcohol was fun in the beginning. Unfortunately I couldn’t stay in that fun stage before it took over my sanity and confidence and everything else. When I see people on commercials drinking and having fun, I wonder how much fun they are really having. You can laugh and have just as much fun without the alcohol and all the hell it brings.

Comment

Cold and snowy here this morning, but I'm starting to see different birds at my feeder. That's a good sign that the migration has begun, and that Spring is on the way!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Yay spring! Come on in!

24 more, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-21C (-6F) this morning but I think spring is going to start making an appearance, it's supposed to be 5C (42F) on Monday!!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], funny thing is that at the end of my drinking career, I never even had fun while I was drinking!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

28F and sunny, a little snow coming later, 1-3 inches.
                    The used to be a drink called the rattlesnake at a bar some of us used to frequent, let's just say I got snake-bit a few times.
                    I know all too well about drinking not being fun. Especially waking up, saying to myself, this shit has got to stop.
                    24 more please.

Comment

Such a true quote. There's just nothing good about AL, if you look at it objectively.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote today! It was the same feeling and realization I came to when I quit smoking - I couldn’t honestly say I enjoyed smoking any more, it was just habit. And a dirty one at that. But, for years I couldn’t convince my addicted brain to do anything but continue feeding the habit.

Cowboy, +5 on Monday will be such a welcome relief. It was supposed to warm up here yesterday but when I walked the dog in the afternoon the windchill felt like -30.

Today is our 2nd Parkinson meeting. Hope we have a large turnout and this time, an opportunity for care partners to meet separate from people with Parkinson’s. Being a care partner/care giver can be challenging.

Hope everyone has a great af Thursday!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

4:44 pm in Vegas,another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

. Happy Friday Cafe. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. There will be NO drinking in my weekend. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Let there be light! We turn our clocks forward this weekend so there will be more light in the evenings. Finally! Time to put away the candles that ushered us thru the long nights of winter.

Cowboy, I have a snack nightly when watching tv much like yours. I have a bowl of peanuts and pretzels. I am not giving that up and I am impressed with you for doing it! I have decided to opt for doing good works each day or as often as possible for this Lent.

Another good quote to set the table for my day [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Thank you.

The weather girl last night predicted snow or us but I am happy to say that she got it wrong!

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

1°F this morning but it's supposed to warm up to the mid forties tomorrow with sunshine. Yay!

Really liked the quote this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]....so true!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X