Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A quiet day yesterday, nice to have our house back to ourselves after company. Mrs QW and I received a warm welcome from the businesses we visited yesterday to promote the Parkinson’s group. There are several posters now on display in our community and surrounding area.

Ever nice to see signs of spring, finally! My little buddy and I have seen lots of rabbit tracks and deer tracks on our walks the last few days, in mud and soft ground instead of snow. We spotted a well fed coyote the other day, guess winter was kind to him!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Wednesday! I know spring is here when we can hitch up this 5th wheel and head north! Looks like a couple more weeks before that can happen.

Thanks for the quote, LC. I'll gladly take another 24, please and thank You!

Comment

New beginnings, better endings, signs of spring....all such happy things to ponder! I saw a Canadian goose standing on the dam of our pond, giving it some thought I suppose. I've noticed a tinge of green on the ground that I suspect will soon be overtaking the landscape.

24 hours will do me just fine, thank you.
        Last edited by dill; March 13, 2019, 10:22 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""I feel like I'm constantly worrying about the next part of my life without realizing that I'm right in the middle of what I used to look forward to?""

This is exaggerated with the "constantly" but a good reminder for me to stay in the present and continue to find gratitude in what I have, what I'm living NOW..
          I'm in for another 24 af hours!

Comment

Good morning Cafe! Thanks for the quote LC. I’m living in the NOW too! Wishing everyone a great day. Supposed to be almost 70 today. YIPEE. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I saw a Red winged Blackbird yesterday......a very good sign that Spring is near!

Thanks for the quote LC! How easy it is to miss what's happening now because we're often too focused on tomorrow.

Another 24please!

Comment

56F with heavy rain.
                Wow, hit 72 degrees yesterday with a bit of sunshine. Even saw a blooming crocus. Possible snow coming this weekend, but spring is almost here. But, I'm not going to wait for it to arrive, I'm going to live in the now.
                24 more please.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

-5C (25F) this morning, but the temp rises well above freezing during the day. Streets are starting to get quite slushy and soon the country roads will be mud, but I still love spring!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], it made me stop and think about what the future means to me. When I knew I had to give up drinking, I dreaded the thought of forever and the future. When I wake up each morning now, I realize I'm happily living in the forever and future that I once dreaded! Seems like my worrying was for nothing because there was nothing to dread!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas,another 24 please love the quote LC too true!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

And another great quote! I’ve seen too many people who live in the past, worry about the future and don’t live for today.

Nice to see signs of spring after a brutally long winter. I’m looking forward to storing the snow shovel and getting the lawnmower out.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great reminder, LC. I'm sure most of us need to hear this! I know I sure do.

Glad everyone is starting to see signs of spring! We made reservations for Page, AZ so we will be leaving to start our trek home on the 25th. Should be home April 1. Yay!!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you
                          Last edited by Ginger999; March 14, 2019, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I am late getting here today. It was fun reading the quote and all the comments, signs of spring and weather reports. Gusty winds here right now with rain on the way. Our sign of spring for today was the arrival by Fed Ex of a nectarine tree ordered by Mr. D last fall. He hurried out to get it in the ground. I hope it does well. Planning for the future (buying a tree and planting it) is a good thing. Worrying about the future is pretty much pointless altho we all fall prey to it at one time or another...

Planning on another 24.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Well, well, well....if my FB Feed is correct, it's time for cake!!

Comment

Yep! Had a great AF birthday. Thanks, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Comment

Working...
                                X