~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

""Any idea, person or object can be a Medicine Wheel, a mirror for man/woman.""~Hyemeyohsts Storm

"The ancient spiritual teachings of the Cheyenne Indians tell us that we meet ourselves in almost everything we confront. A group of men spending a night on a mountaintop will each have a different experience. One may be overcome with a sense of awe, another may spend every moment gripped by fear, and another may sleep the night away. While the mountain is the same, each has brought himself to it and has a different experience. When we meet an animal, feel a touch, or take a hike down the street, we see a reflection of ourselves and of humanity.
    This day is a Medicine Wheel for each of us. Our response to today's circumstances will tell us more about ourselves. We need not waste energy judging ourselves harshly, but learn from our feelings and reactions. Our reflections point the way for further growth.
    Today, I will look for my own reflection in what I meet and for the reflection of all humanity."

I love the idea of this.. I don't usually reflect in such a way, but I will try today to see what I can learn.
    Happy belated birthday, Ginger!
    I'm in for another 24 af hours with all of you..

Comment

Good morning and Happy Birthday Ginger. Thanks for the quote LC. Hope everyone has a great Friday. I’m bringing my 2 year old grandson home for the night. Should be interesting! Another 24 for me please.

Comment

Thanks for the great quote, lifechange. It was an interesting perspective that's for sure. I too will study my reactions to things today to see what I can learn.

Happy belated Birthday, Ginger!

Have fun with your grandson, Rava. Is it his first overnight? What does he call you? I'm called Nana by my grandkids.

We took our old friend and neighbor out to lunch yesterday to celebrate her birthday. We tried a Vietnamese place called Wat da Pho. The food was great! I got my favorite soft shrimp rolls and Pad Thai. Would have had you along if I'd have known it was your birthday, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Today will be another really good day not to drink! 24 please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy belated birthday Ginger!:balloons:

Temps will be near 60° F today, but back to snow and cold tomorrow...just in time for the St. Patrick's day parade in Syracuse. Happens every year!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Loving these mild temps and sunshine! Nice enough that Bubba and I are going to head for the bright lights on a Costco run!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hard to put into my mind what today's quote means to me [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. It's definitely making me think, something that the quotes are meant to do. I don't think I've looked for a reflection of myself in anything, but I do often think about what everything around me means to me, how I feel about it, how it affects me or I affect it. Maybe that is my reflection...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:41 am in Vegas another 24 please Happy Birthday Ginger,glad it was good
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

44F and overcast. Buckets of rain yesterday, then buckets of hail, and high winds. Lots of flooding. more water in the basement.
                  Happy birthday, Ginger.
                  Now it's time to reflect.
                  24 more please.

Comment

I love that quote and the idea. I will try and pay more attention!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. This was my 4th AF birthday celebration. Glad I got my AF act together and I was here to celebrate it with all of you!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, happy belated birthday. Hope you had a great time.

Rava, aren’t grandkids the best? We love having ours for an overnight stay, one at a time though. And they love coming here! We always find fun things to do and usually end up baking cookies for them to take home.

Have a great af Friday everyone. Cowboy, safe trip to the Big Smoke.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; March 15, 2019, 11:35 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] yes I’m Nana too! Grandkids are the best but between my husband and I (second marriage) we have a ton of them! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 please!

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

33F and Sunny here.
                                No grandkids here, and probably not for a long time if ever. Married late, and had one son even later. He's nowhere near looking for a life mate.
                                Got a shit ton of nieces and nephews though, 38, lol, and most of them are having kids too.
                                Going to enjoy the sun.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X