• Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

47F and rain.
    I get knocked down, but I get up again.
    24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 28, $420 not wasted.

Off to the Big Smoke for yet another medical appointment. Hope the wet from yesterday hasn’t frozen.

Safe travels Ginger! Rava, that new car smell is so wonderful, isn’t it? Hope you post pics of your new ride. The last time I experienced that new car smell was 4 years ago. I recently told the dealer to quit calling to entice me to test drive a new vehicle as my Jeep only has 32,000kms, under 20,000 miles. It’s hardly broken in!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the quote, Ginger. Always a good one to plant in my mind at the beginning of the day! Yes, who knew way back when that the quote would speak to us directly many years later....

I am caught up in the new car excitement too! I hope we get to see it. I can imagine the smell pretty well.

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning. Safe travels Ginger!! Thanks everyone for the new car excitement. My trade in was a 2012 with 120,000 miles. I guess it was time. I will post a picture this weekend. We get it tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Enjoy your New car [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Congrats on day 28 QW....that's a lot of money saved!

Asking for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Stayed above freezing overnight and going to be a beautiful day. Think I'll go out and install a cell signal booster that a customer needs doing...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Have a safe trip as you leap frog home [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! 2 months into my final quit our youngest daughter embroidered the full Serenity Prayer with a picture of a lighthouse on it and gave it to me. It hangs on the wall by my side of the bed so that it's the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see at night. I have no idea how many times I've recited that prayer in the last 4 years, but it's in the thousands for sure...

Geez [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], now I've got to go out today and buy one of those "New Car Scent" air fresheners for my truck lol.

Way to go [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

28F and sunny
                  No new car here, but I have not had a car payment in over 12 years. Mine are old beaters, lol.
                  I'm way too cheap to buy a new car.
                  But with the money you've saved on booze, QW, and the rest us, we could afford a car payment!
                  24 more hours of peace for all of us.

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas, another 24 please I'm with you Mr.V and just buy in cash,the insurance in Vegas is sky high cuz of all the bad drivers so we buy outright and just have liability insurance
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"The future depends on what we do in the present." Gandhi

Just a reminder to live for today!

Speaking of new cars...I bought a new Rav4 in 2005. I still have it. Only has 90,000 miles on it. Probably won't get a new one unless I can talk hubby into a Jeep!

Off to explore. This place is amazing!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just back from dropping off my 4 legged buddy at the vets. She’s having her teeth cleaned today, a preventative measure. It costs more to have her teeth cleaned than we pay to have ours done!!

While Jessie is otherwise occupied today, Mrs QW and I will deliver more posters to promote the Parkinson’s meetings to local pharmacies and clinics.

Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday af!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the reminder about living in the present, Ginger. Never quite thought about it in that way but it is so true.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Another 24 for me please. Thanks for the quote Ginger. Hope you have a great day exploring! Off to work I go.....

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Above freezing this morning and raining, but I don't have to shovel rain! Glad I did my outside work yesterday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That quote is so true [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], what we do today can have such a major impact on our future. So everyone remember, no quitting on yer quit eh!

Comment

Working...
                                X