~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

"The world we have created is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” —Albert Einstein

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], way to make it through! You are so right about feeling terrible if you'd caved. A celebration turned failure is what you'd been left with today. I truly hate alcohol and what it does to our brains.

Glad everyone is here and working it! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

58F and sunny.
      Rava, good for not caving! We all feel like we deserve a reward now and then, and we do, just not a drink. If you play it through, it's no reward at all, and will just make us feel bad about ourselves again. We need to love ourselves enough not to drink, like Ginger's quote says.
      Dill, the Flying Pig is a fun event, I've covered it several times, but it's just too much for this old man, lol. I usually don't get back from Kentucky until after midnight, and have to be up at 4:30 am to cover the marathon. Plus the two days in KY are exhausting. Might not seem like it to most, by watching on tv, but they are.
      Crazy finish indeed, Jude.
      24 more here please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Had a great visit over lunch with our son yesterday. Nice to get caught up and have a great meal. He loves his work & he’s very good at it as evidenced by the reviews he gets. The only downside is that he works about 100 hours a week.

Off to yet another medical appointment for Mrs QW today. Looking forward to our escape to Canmore next week!

Rava, good for you for not caving!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote, Ginger, and great posts, Café folks!
          Rava, great job sticking to your guns. I love what Mr. V said.. we do deserve a reward every now and again but alcohol is no reward!! and don't we all know it. I'm happy for you that you had some good news and a reason to celebrate!
          Here's to another 24 af hours with all of you..
          good night!

Comment

The days of alcohol being a reward are long in the past! It lured us in with promises of good times and/or relaxation and then over time turned into a cruel master. Glad you didn't let it trick you Rava!

I've been enjoying the day working in my flower beds.

24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"It's the friends we meet along the road that help us appreciate the journey."

Thought I'd post tomorrow's quote tonight so all you early birds see it. I feel like this quote sums up what all of us enjoy here. I'm so happy I found you guys. Such a blessing!

I'll check in tomorrow!

Comment

Love the quotes so far this week [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Good for you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for not listening to that seductive voice that visits all of us from time to time. It promises much but delivers nothing but regret.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ginger, you are so thoughtful! You're going over and above so the early birds can have the quote proves the point of today's quote! Thanks!

I've been getting flowers and herbs planted finally! We started them in the greenhouse but the weather has been too wet to plan until this week. Thank goodness we can get them in the ground. Some were getting pretty leggie. I hope we weren't too late. One flower I put out is an "old fashioned" favorite: bachelor buttons. I think they are so pretty but I don't know exactly what to expect with them. We shall see. Here's what they look like:

How's the planting going, Cowboy? I bet your days are long. Can you listen to radio or audio books while you're seeding?

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; May 8, 2019, 06:42 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's a good thing that I quit drinking or I'd still be drunk this morning! So much for catching up here yesterday as it was a day filled with minor breakdowns to look after, plugged manifold lines on the air drill, then I literally got a shower in hydraulic oil when a hydraulic line blew off as I was working on a cylinder! So much for the brand new pair of bibb overalls I had on! Everything I was wearing from my socks to underwear, and everything else went straight into a garbage bag! Then I spent a half hour in the shower trying to scrub off the oil!

Oh well, today will be a better day and I'll catch up today.....maybe...lol
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning! Thanks for all the comments. So glad I am still on track. It just reminds me how close I came to running off the track. I am reminded to never , ever let myself become complacent. We drink when we feel bad and good and there is a fine line between it all. Having this site to feel grounded is so helpful. I hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

58F and sunny, highs in the 80's today, warm for this time of year.
                          quick check-in, busy morning
                          24 more please

Comment

5:42 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and cool here as my little buddy and I head out for our morning walk.

It’s McHappy Day today with McDonalds donating part of food sales to one of our favourite charities, Ronald McDonald Houses. They provide amazing support to families of sick children getting medical help. It’s the only time I pay $20 for a coffee!

Cowboy, I had to chuckle at your encounter with hydraulic oil. I had a similar experience years ago helping a buddy work on a skid steer. Had to throw out a brand new pair of jeans I was wearing.

Have a great af day everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:16am here in PNW.

Mr. V, we are having similar weather here. And....Cowboy, we had similar days yesterday! Seemed like if it could go wrong, it did. At one point I said to hubby, these are the kinds of days that make me want a drink. He reminded me what a mistake that would be but he didn't need to, that was already ringing in my ears!

Dill, I love those flowers. They grow well here too. The colors are just beautiful.

Anyway.... yesterday is over and today is a new day! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X