~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

TGIF Cafe! Mr. V Safe travels! Jude, Hope your husbands surgery turns out well and that you find a safer horse to ride. Ginger, we had to cut some things off our list when we actually built our home. Still turned out great. Also the talk here about humidity is true. Its brutal!!! We live for summer only to spend it either at the beach or in the air conditioning. It can be miserable. So don’t visit in July or August, they are the absolute worst for humidity!!! Hope everyone has a great day! Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

"Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact." - William James

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:27 am in Vegas another 24,Mr.V safe travels Jude,hope hubs' surgery goes smoothly and hope you can find another horse,no use taking chances on being bucked everytime you try to ride him
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, hope your husbands surgery goes well and that his recovery is complete and quick. Hope too that your search for a riding buddy goes well. My first experience riding a horse was on my grandfather’s farm. Nancy was a huge beast and worked on the farm. An uncle tied a length of bailer twine around her neck, helped me up and then slapped her behind. Nancy took off and I ended up slipping and found myself holding onto her neck, in front of her. I fell and when I got up, my uncle was laughing. I won’t repeat what I told him when he suggested I get right back up!

Ginger, I liked your pun yesterday about the cost of a metal house covering being through the roof! Well done!

We’re finally getting some much needed rain, too bad it’s a long weekend.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Building a home! The gift that just keeps on giving. Our roof slope is too low for shingles so metal it is, like it or not! Guess I'll get that standing seam, budget or no budget. Yikes! Hope I can afford plumbing. Lol

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], hope hubby's surgery goes well. [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], have a great time! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Forecasting rain all weekend here.

Great quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

I've got to get going. Lots to do today! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for reminding me it’s Friday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] lol. The days just seem to run one after another for me without worrying what day of the week it is! And I’m not retired yet lol.

Seems like a few of the Cafe patrons are in need of trades services, I’d love to be able to help out but the travelling time would be prohibitive haha. You’re lucky to have a good handyman to do your work [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], they are few and far between! Lots of areas to cut budgets with plumbing fixtures [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but as the old saying goes, you can pay me now or pay me later lol. Geez, for $7500 bucks, I’d put in a whole new chimney for you [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], travel time included! Must be an old brick chimney with a diesel oil furnace? And safe travels and enjoy your family visit!

Speaking of plumbing, what did you decide on for a sink and faucet [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? It’s ridiculous how many makes and models there are to choose from compared to when I first got in the trade.

Hope hubby’s surgery goes okay [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], rotator cuff by chance? And good luck with the horse hunting! Don’t need you going in for any surgeries or bone mending from being thrown!

We finished wheat yesterday and got started on canola. Have right around 2500 acres to finish up the seeding season this year. With any luck at all, should finish up on the 25th or 26th.

I picked the quotes this week based on how I was feeling each morning, sometimes too much time alone is no good even when you’re sober, too much thinking goes on lol. But back on an even keel and have my fingers crossed that the in-laws house sells today. The realtor had a showing Tuesday, they made an offer, then the offer/counter game started. We won’t talk about how that’s going between a daughter and father with dementia. I can say that Bubba has a lot more patience than me!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone is doing well. Lots of stuff going on here. I read all the posts and by the time I start typing I forget some stuff. If I go back I lose what I typed. UGH. So hope everyone has a great Saturday. Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Thanks all for the well wishes on the hubby's surgery. All went well, and luckily they didn't need to do any repairs on the rotator cuff...makes for a much shorter recovery time!

Hope that you are having some luck with the sale of the in-laws house [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

Working a 12 hour shift today so I'd best get a move on.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

64F and sunny, might hit 90 today. 87F yesterday.
                    Got in a bike ride and it felt good.
                    Thanks much for all the well wishes, much appreciated.
                    Yes, Cowboy the chimney needs to be rebuilt, goes through 2 roof lines. It only vents the hot water heater now, got a second that vents the furnace, and a working fireplace. I'd think about taking the whole thing down, but then I'd have to re-roof the whole house. The joys of a 100 year old house. But it's got character, lol!
                    Glad the surgery went well, Ginger!
                    Gotta run, airport calls
                    24 more, please

Comment

Hey everyone,
                      0 degrees up in Northern Ontario today.
                      Miss you all.
                      Another 24 please.

And yes - I am still sober !! Coming up on 4 years pretty soon.

Had in insane last year. Lots of big changes...and I made it through with no alcohol. A breakup. Move on my own. New job. Travel on my own. All within a month. But I did it.

Anyways.
                      Hope everyone is well.

Bri

Comment

Thanks for the reminder PM Cowboy. I'll report for QW tomorrow morning! I appreciated all your quotes this week and your explanation as to how you chose them, too. Yes, too much time alone can sometimes be a bad thing. Thank goodness for audio books and podcasts! And the sink: we ordered one from Home Depot that is an enameled cast iron. It's a Deerfield by Kohler and we got it in almond. We decided to keep our current faucet which is a Moen. It's called Camerist with a brushed chrome finish. We only bought it 4 years ago so it has a lot of life left in it. I really came close to buying stainless. I think it's probably more practical but I have always liked the cast iron sinks and this being and old farmhouse, it's a better fit. Fingers crossed for you and Bubba today. I hope the in-law's hou
                        se sells.

Glad all went well for Mr. J58, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Well he have to do any PT as part of his recovery? Will he have to miss work?

It's always something with an old house, Mr. V! We have 3 chimneys. The one in the front of the house had to be rebuilt shortly after we moved here. We've had to add liners to all. We live out in the country so have a well for our water. We have to have someone come out this week to see what's going on with it. Our water pressure is kind of on and off and there is a lot of black grit coming out of the faucets. I think we need a new tank. I don't know what that will cost. Will find out this week.

I know what you mean about forgetting and having a hard time responding to all you intend to respond to [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. If you are on a phone I guess there's nothing you can do about it, short of jotting down notes! If you are on a laptop you can click the "go advanced" button and scroll down. Several of the recent posts show on the page. Also, if you check the 'remember me' box when you log in, your session doesn't get timed out so you shouldn't lose posts. I'm not saying you'll never lose any, because there are always glitches!

Hello [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION], good to hear from you and that you are still sober! I hope you will stop in on your anniversary!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; May 18, 2019, 07:04 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“You only have to do something until you want to do it, then you won’t have to do it anymore.” — Leland Val Van de Wall

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

5C (42F) here, sun is shining and no rain in the forecast...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Well golly gee, great to see you Bri! Sounds like you've made some pretty major life changes, getting through them sober is no small feat! Don't be a stranger eh!

Comment

Hi Bri!! 5:45 am in Vegas another 24
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

When I paid our handyman the other day, he asked if I wanted a receipt for the cheque I’d given him. I said no thanks. One of us will get the cheque back - me if it’s good, you if it isn’t. He thought that was great!
                                And Cowboy, you are so right. Looking after our handyman is important to having future repairs/improvements done. We gave him a key to the house while we were away in Canmore, making the job easier and quicker for him. Plus he didn’t have Jessie and me watching him!

Bri, great to see your post! Glad you handled a year of upheaval without al. Northern Ontario is beautiful, especially in the fall. We miss seeing the maples turn.

For those building and renovating houses, I recommend NOT watching the Money Pit!!!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X