~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

We had more heavy rain over night last night. I wish I could send some of our wet weather your way, Cowboy!

That was a good quote and reading LC. I think most of us forget to take care of ourselves a lot of the time. Good reminder!
    "With the help of our spiritual guide, we can resist the temptations to betray ourselves," That line really hit home for me. I never quite thought of a slip as a betrayal but that is exactly what it is. Self betrayal.

Sunshine today and smooth sailing thru another 24 please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:25am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

16C (64F) already this morning, going to be another hot, smoky day...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:48 am in Vegas another 24
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Anyone hungry? Breakfast is served!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yummy breakfast, ABC. Thanks :•) Fire season is upon us but nothing big around here. Thank goodness. I dread it when it starts. The smoke gets so bad you can hardly breath. I feel so bad for those with respiratory issues. They really suffer.

Hi, LC. Thanks for the quote. I'll have to look up that book.

One more week of jury duty and I'm a free bird. Headed to the coast for a few days on the 14th. Taking two of my gkids. Can't wait! So thankful to be doing it all AF. Can't imagine keeping up with an 8 and 10 yo with a hangover at my age. Yuck!

Went to the mountains yesterday where I raised my three boys. Oh such memories. I love it up there so much!

Hope everyone has a restful Sunday. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful sunny, clear and warm morning here. Nice to have our morning walk done in the relative cool. Hope you’re getting some smoke relief Cowboy.

We’ve decided to have a security system installed in the house and met with a rep yesterday. One of the many side effects of Parkinson’s is hallucinations. Mrs QW has been hearing the door bell or knocking on the front door during the night and she’s been getting up to investigate. Our system will have a door bell camera so we can remotely monitor what’s going on, if anything, at the door.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy! It looks amazing!!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; June 2, 2019, 09:30 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in today and thanks for the breakfast I missed ABC. Looked amazing. Hope everyone has a great rest of the day! AF for me and another 24 please and thanks!

Comment

Asking for another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and another 24 for me please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the great breakfast Cowboy! I'm on a diet so I had to eat just a little.

QW, great idea installing the door bell technology. I hope it helps Mrs. Q find peace. Those auditory hallucinations must be frightening.

Ginger has your jury duty been interesting? I was selected to sit on a grand jury once and found it fascinating!

Another beautiful day in Ohio. Mother Nature is trying to make up for her recent tantrum I think.
                      24 more, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Another warm day, but cloudy and windy, maybe, just maybe...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; June 3, 2019, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Our house is back to it's quiet, normal routine. We had a great visit with our friends, and so much nicer to sit on the back deck without worrying about getting up to pour more drinks or wondering if there would be enough beer. However, 11:30 bedtime is just a bit much for this old guy when 9:00 is the norm lol.

Truck goes in for an oil change and tire rotation first thing this morning, then hopefully the fan blower motor and control board for a customer's furnace shows up at Purolator this morning. It was supposed to be there Friday morning, but didn't show up. If it's not there, then it's "track the parcel" time. I cross my fingers anytime I freight out material as it's a hit and miss every time I do it!

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas another 24
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

""I meant to do my work today But a brown bird sang in an apple tree, and a butterfly flitted across the field and all the leaves were calling me.""~Richard LeGallienne

That's me today! But I'm putting off my housework 'cause it's too darn hot to move..
                              Wishing everyone a nice Monday.. and another 24 af hours!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I havent been selected to serve yet. The one trial I was interviewed for was estimated to take several weeks and I had a non-refundable trip planned so they excused me. So far not very interesting.

We got the kiddie pool setup yesterday just in time for the temps to drop from the 90s back to the 70s. lol Oh well, heat wave is coming back soon enough!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X