~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Day 98 and $1,470 not wasted.

Great quote LC! In retirement I have the time (and try to take it) to smell the roses and appreciate the sound of singing birds and nature in general. Even the sound of kids playing outside is welcome because it means they aren’t glued to a screen!

Dill, I hope the camera at the door helps. Delusion is another side effect of PD and if that’s the case, I’m not sure what I’ll do. Apparently at 2:30 this morning the door bell rang. Jessie and I didn’t hear it.

Hope everyone has a great af Monday!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote yesterday [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Need to heed that kind of advice more often....the chores can always wait!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Getting tired of this hot weather, complain about the cold in winter and the heat in summer lol

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! You know, sometimes we can learn things from our kids. Last year Adam and Darcie bought a new 5th wheel camper and a small lot at a lake a couple of hours drive away to set the camper on. I asked him why they wanted to spend that kind of money when their house (acreage) sit's right beside a beautiful lake out in the country! Why not just relax at home, sit on the deck, read a book, and enjoy the view! He said that lasts about an hour until he gets looking around at all the work that he should be doing instead of just sitting. When he heads to the lake, he leaves those chores behind!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas another 24
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], your kids are on the right track as far as I'm concerned! Good for them.

Spent yesterday working on my sister's computer. Finally, around 9pm, I got it working again. I'm too old for this stuff! Isn't this why I retired? lol

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

After the winter we had Cowboy, no complaints about heat here! And as Albertans know, if you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it’ll change! Cowboy, sounds like your son inherited your work ethic, eh? Good for him to find a get away place although I bet before long he finds lots to do there.

Cloudy and a bit cooler here this morning when we walked.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

""For is it not true that human progress is but a mighty growing pattern woven together by the tenuous single threads united in a common effort?""
                  ~Soong Mei-ling (Madame Chiang Kai-shek)

"We each are spinning our individual threads, lending texture, color, pattern, to the "big design" that is serving us all. Person by person our actions, our thoughts, our values complement those of our sisters, those of the entire human race. We are heading toward the same destination, all of us, and our paths run parallel on occasion, intersect periodically, and veer off in singleness of purpose when inspiration calls us.
                  It's comforting to be reminded that our lives are purposeful. What we are doing presently, our interactions with other people, our goals, have an impact that is felt by many others. We are interdependent. Our behavior is triggering important thoughts and responses in someone else, consistently and methodically. No one of us is without a contribution to make."

I like to be reminded that we are all interconnected! That it might not always be clear as to what our purpose is, but we can know that it's important in some way.
                  I'm late with the quote today because it's so hot I can barely think! Should cool off a bit this weekend.
                  Wishing everyone a nice, af Tuesday!xx

Comment

67F with storms moving in, heavy rain.
                    Thanks so much for the kind words, all, it means a lot. You all are a big part of the equation, as LC's quote reminds us today.
                    Congrats on 6 months, Rava! you're getting it done!
                    Orf to NYC for 5 days, I'll be busy so may not check in as often as I'd like.
                    Thanks again.
                    24 more here please.

Comment

Cloudy and 58° here in NY.

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

Happy Wednesday! Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I stopped in yesterday and read, but forgot to post! Silly me.

I was watching evening news last night and Seattle wildfires were mentioned. I thought of you Ginger and hope you are safe.

Another rainy morning! Oh well, at least we had a couple nice days. I put out two new plants yesterday evening. Looks like they will get a nice start at least.

Cowboy, Adam was so right! It is the same for me. I love being home but just like Adam, I always seem to have something I need to be doing around here!

Good quote, LC. It reminds me how important it is to be with like-minded people in order to reach a shared goal or even just maintain a good life. Ideas matter. Shared ideas matter which as Mr. V points out, is exactly what we have right here! You are all part of my equation.

24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Okay, so now I feel like a fool... my calendar reminded me of a birthday today, and that got me thinking I missed one. And sure enough I did! Anyway, since we refer to them as the Porch Sister's, we'll celebrate their birthdays together!

Happy Birthday [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! And belated Happy Birthday for April 30th [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas another 24 Happy Birthday Jude and Dill
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X