~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy birthday to the porch sisters. Here's to another trip around the sun!

Having lunch with our oldest son today. It's his 45th birthday. Now that just seems impossible! He's a terrific man and I'm so proud of him. So thankful...

The fires are not close to us at the moment but we have been plagued with them the last couple years. Hoping we have a quiet fire season this year.

I'll take another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sunny and cool this morning when we walked. Jessie was in hot pursuit of a groundhog and buried her head down a hole chasing after it. The groundhog won.

Meeting with our handyman shortly to organize some renos. And signing the security contract today to get the system install underway.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. And happy birthday wishes to the porch sisters!!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.”-the Little Prince

Just picked this up the other day to read again.. What a beautiful little book.
        Hope you're all having a nice Wednesday.. I've been red as a beet the whole day, but am beginning to cool off. Wish I had your rain, Dill!
        Happy Birthday, Jude, and Happy belated to you, Dill!
        Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

Thanks all for the Birthday wishes! Happy belated birthday to you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Hope that you enjoyed the cake as much as I did! Another

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and happy birthday Jude and Dill. Hope everyone has a great Thursday! No drinking for me. It’s actually good to drive by a liquor store and not have cravings or the strong need to pull in and buy some booze. Freedom!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the belated birthday greetings! Cowboy, the cake was yummy! Thanks!

I have no plans for the day and it is supposed to be a gorgeous day. I'll spend some time outside and then will do some window washing. They need it badly! I think I skipped that chore last year....

24 more please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; June 6, 2019, 06:27 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

We got a 1/10 of an inch of rain yesterday, think it evaporated before it hit the ground lol, but lots of clouds this morning and rain in the forecast for the next few days!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've got to go back to the quote from a day or two ago about how many people working towards an end goal all contribute in their own way to the overall success of said goal, at least that's what it meant to me lol. When I first started trying to quit, it was recommended to me that I stay away from my drinking friends if they weren't supportive of my quitting and find new friends that were also non-drinkers. To be honest, I didn't have a lot of friends that didn't drink, no, make that no friends that didn't drink! I do now, but only a couple and they both live long distances away. Since I had only my Uncle to fall back on (a 2 hour drive away) I figured that somehow I had to figure out a way to be around my drinking friends without drinking! It took time, and a lot of patience, but I was able to do that. I still feel like an outsider now, but I'm okay with that. It's only here that I have a group of non-drinking friends who truly understand what we go through everyday, and each of us, in our own way is contributing in our individual sobriety journey's. Each and every one of you plays a part in my continued sobriety even if you don't realize it, and that's what true friends are for...

A pile of rocks is just that, unless we can envision it into something different. And one day sober, is one day sober until we can envision and watch it turn into a week, a month, a year...it's up to us to make the vision reality...
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I've missed your insights, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Glad your planting season is over and the weather is changing a little up your way. It sure has been strange lately. It was 86°F yesterday and a storm blew in and the temp dropped 20 degrees and started raining like crazy. It only lasted about 20 minutes then produced a beautiful rainbow.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], how's Stetson? He sure is a beauty. I enjoyed the FB pics! [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], still hoping to see some pics of your condo. [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Happy Anniversary to you and hubby!

Hope everyone has a great AF Thursday! I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                      Last edited by Ginger999; June 6, 2019, 08:15 AM.

Comment

to you and Mr PW [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!

Comment

""Everybody is a Genius. But If You Judge a Fish by Its Ability to Climb a Tree, It Will Live Its Whole Life Believing that It is Stupid.""-Albert Einstein

I love this quote.. Let's all just be who we are without judgement. I actually don't judge others, but myself.. another story. I'm still learning how to be kind to myself.
                          Sorry I'm so late today. Just got back after a 12 hour day on my feet.
                          Hope everyone is having a nice Thursday.
                          Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us..xx

Comment

Was eating my lunch on the job and reading the news on my phone and stumbled upon this, too funny to see Vermilion in the Washington Post lol

No one could open a safe for 40 years. A tourist cracked it on his first try.
                            Last edited by abcowboy; June 6, 2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

As you can see, I’m not terribly excited about getting back to my job, it’s dirty work taking out an old diesel oil furnace and replacing it with a natural gas one! So I’ve been taking an extended lunch break lol.

I’ve heard that quote before [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] and it always confuses me as I have a hard time differentiating between “judging” and “comparing”. Not sure what the difference is really, at least not for me. I guess judging would be when you verbalize your judgement, but that could hold true for comparing as well.

The fish would only feel stupid if he was told he couldn’t climb a tree near as I can figure. Or if you asked him to climb a tree and he realized he couldn’t even get out of the water. I think we all judge people, or compare people with ourselves and/or others. That in itself isn’t necessarily wrong or bad, until you verbalize it, that’s when the harm could be done… I try not to judge or compare because everyone’s situations are different, but I still do it even if I shouldn’t. What I have learned is to keep those thoughts to myself because they are based on my own opinions, which I know are not always right...

And now it’s back to my ugly job because it won’t get done unless I’m doing it lol

Comment

I was watching the local news last night and they said that
                                the next 3 days will be rain free with temps in the 70's. What came next was a shocker. The Syracuse area has not seen 3 consecutive days without precipitation in 8 months! No wonder everyone is crabby! Wish that I could send it to places that really need it!

Great quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]!
                                [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]....Stetson is doing great, and hope to get a few rides in over the next few days!

Another 24 for all is and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X